AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 10:42   Link #29481
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Asspull. Aizen-style asspull in that.

Though of course, anything can happen in an universe this blank.
Old 2012-04-17, 10:44   Link #29482
Eratas123

Ass pull the size of a moon. Even worse than Lawrence Gordon being Jigsaws secret apprentice.
Old 2012-04-17, 10:59   Link #29483
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Bunny ears villain for the moe win!

Concept review:
Celestials are beings born of cosmic energy amplified to a physical state by IS and are sustained by the mental energies of the pilot. These beings are separate from the pilot and the IS.

Expansion:
Celestials are only separate from the human self initially. The celestial can be treated as another half of the person it was born from as well as the IS it was born through.

Celestials will eventually consume their parent human and IS. The sign is usually when the pilot falls into a coma meaning the mental energies have been completely consumed.

Signs of a pilot bearing a celestial are sharp increase in sync with their unit during the celestials conception as well as an uncontrollable evolution by said unit.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:05   Link #29484
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Fridge horror struck in that every single I.S. pilot with with strong determination will be affected regardless.

"I guess courage is not much different from Madness"
- Asura, Soul Eater.
Old 2012-04-17, 21:05   Link #29485
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

So... Anyone willing to update me on what's going on here? I've been making my way through the complexities of life, and I've come today to relax in the "sanctity" (read as: craziness) of this thread.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 21:57   Link #29486
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

1. Eras & I are busy writing non-I.S.related fic (though we all just updated our fic)
2. Demi announcing I.S.-Kamen Rider crossover
3. Age still busy playing game and piling up bunnies
4. Box just...did as he did all the time.
5. We'll all gather in 05:00 P.M.in Southeast Asian Standard (GMT 10 A.M.) and rambling asd always.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:31   Link #29487
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You praise me too much. In fact, I see that ability as a bit of a flaw, as I get "spikes" of motivation which is when I MUST put it in writing or lose it forever. Unfortunately, when it comes to a universe like IS, it is hard to get those "spikes" because of the lack of canon novel updates so motivation kind of remains stale.

going off topic =D for a sec. I am also the same..if something spike up..most of the time , I need to write it down..or it will be lost..
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 06:17   Link #29488
Eratas123

Is it standard army protocol to wear helmets or can you forgo it?
Old 2012-04-18, 06:20   Link #29489
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, helmet is a lifesaver 90% of the time, and yes, if you're told to, you're supposed to wear one. Unless it's broken or lost mid-battle, then you cannot do anything until you get a replacement.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:20   Link #29490
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mostly only those who fall beyond the despair event horizon suffer having a celestial. Then again half the IS piloting original characters and modified canon characters are all approaching it... fast.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:26   Link #29491
Eratas123

Then how come spec ops seem to go bare faced most of the time?
Old 2012-04-18, 06:32   Link #29492
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As you see, even bulletproof helmet has plenty of model, but none of them have face cover. Even if there's a visor (rider style helmet), it's not bulletproof, merely to protect their eyes from debris and such. The same goes to gas mask and advanced goggles. They're different piece than helmet.
Old 2012-04-18, 06:34   Link #29493
demino_hellsin
That one guy

less equipment, less ways to trace the source. Spec ops are expected to be able to function with bare necessities and special equipment only if the mission absolutely requires it. Personal gear is the exception.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:38   Link #29494
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Different Spec Ops function differently for the role they play. For example, US Army Special Operations Forces (Green Berets) are meant to do long-term insertions and live off the land. SEAL teams mainly function in maritime environemtns, seaside, and quick strike and thus carry light but high power equipment and usually have short periods of operating time. Ranger batallions are larger strike divisions and have more support (more like a mini-army than anything) and have a lot of external support. And units like Delta Force are primarily hostage Rescue/high-impact mission teams but also have long-term infiltration capabilties.

So whenever you mention "Spec Ops" just keep in mind that it covers a large number of different TYPES of units. What I described above only pertains to US spec Ops, different countries would have different spec ops as well, and may even work under different legal restrictions (or lack thereof). For example, the French GIGN and German GSG-9 are Police organizations and generally work on a police SOP, while the British SAS CT division work on Military SOP.

Meaning that if you're a hostage-taker, the GIGN and GSG-9 will try to take you alive, but the SAS will make sure you're dead in the most painful way possible.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 08:52   Link #29495
Eratas123

Does Kanzashi have any odd quirks?
Old 2012-04-18, 08:54   Link #29496
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You're more familiar about her more than I am
Old 2012-04-18, 08:54   Link #29497
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: other than the anime? As well as the need to be better than Tatenashi?

Would it be weird if the government kept a gag order on how celestials are born once they learn how celestials come about?
Old 2012-04-18, 09:05   Link #29498
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't see why not.

I WILL Lose sympathy for that kind of government however, my preferred template would be more like Kuuga/Agito style. Kind of secretive but not paranoid-level oppressive, work their ass as hard as possible to solve the problem than blame it on innocent just because I.S. will be banned or something like that.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:06   Link #29499
Eratas123

@ Demi - Other than those.

Not really. As fiction proves, when people with powers come out, government always wants to regulate it.
Old 2012-04-18, 09:09   Link #29500
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nothing too bad will happen to the pilots who have been consumed by the celestials though... that's assuming you defeat the celestial and return them almost immediately as soon as the celestial "ascends"(meaning when it eats its parent to become the parent)

The essence of ascension is to become the original and in turn make the previous form as the alter ego.

If not saved immediately, the pilot will either A) be dissolved into nothingness B) probably be stuck in a coma since the point of recovering mental energies that have been taken away has long passed.

@eras: The celestials are more... beings of pure energy born from the despair and need for change of the parent pilot. Sort of like an embodiment of ideals and what they wish they could be.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-04-18 at 09:21.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest