She has more than 1 uniform maybe.
There must be at least one uniform for one episode
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 23:22   Link #362
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Quick question: how do Saya get the blood stain and ripped uniform ready for school next day?
It's an anime. You're looking too much into it.
Old 2011-07-13, 23:27   Link #363
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Quick question: how do Saya get the blood stain and ripped uniform ready for school next day?
They were prepared! They had an extra set of clothing in the waiting When you go off fighting supernatural things like a moving statue, then you're bound to get ripped clothes. Knowing that, they have replicated them in masses
Old 2011-07-13, 23:51   Link #364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They were prepared! They had an extra set of clothing in the waiting When you go off fighting supernatural things like a moving statue, then you're bound to get ripped clothes. Knowing that, they have replicated them in masses
In the first place, when you're going off to fight supernatural things, wouldn't you want to slip into something more comfortable... Or you know, more expandable ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 23:59   Link #365
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Maybe the shrine prohibits them?? We may never know

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-14 at 15:30.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 15:29   Link #366
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2011-07-14, 15:44   Link #367
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

@Siroth : It's no surprise people complain when you get such a slow pace for a short serie. It felt to me like 3/4 of those 25 minutes were wasted. Building up is all nice and even needed if you want a good second half for a show but there are ways to do it.

That said I enjoyed the latest part of this episode and I'm liking Saya (especially her second personality) more and more. But please, less food talk and more action for episodes to come.
Old 2011-07-14, 15:48   Link #368
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
That said I enjoyed the latest part of this episode and I'm liking Saya (especially her second personality) more and more. But please, less food talk and more action for episodes to come.
This. For a short series, slowly building a plot may be good if there was a possibility for a season 2, and it may be bad since it will feel like the anime will start to feel rushed when episodes are closing (although this possibility is very low). Go Go Saya's second personality for more action in the future
Old 2011-07-14, 15:53   Link #369
LordEmbok

Well there's already a movie planned so I assume they know what they want to accomplish by the end of the series.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:00   Link #370
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
@Siroth : It's no surprise people complain when you get such a slow pace for a short serie.
I've watched plenty of shows that were only 12/13 episodes and slow paced. Doesn't automatically mean they'll be a bad show.
Old 2011-07-14, 16:04   Link #371
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEmbok View Post
Well there's already a movie planned so I assume they know what they want to accomplish by the end of the series.
They had a movie planned Where is this info?
Old 2011-07-14, 16:06   Link #372
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They had a movie planned Where is this info?
The movie was announced at the same time as the TV sieres.
Old 2011-07-14, 16:12   Link #373
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've watched plenty of shows that were only 12/13 episodes and slow paced. Doesn't automatically mean they'll be a bad show.
Action series? :/ I wouldn't be so disappointed if they filled up the building part with some nice scenery, some comedy or whatever, but here you don't have much of those.
Spoiler for ep 01 & 02:
Old 2011-07-14, 16:22   Link #374
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 2 was definitely no different than Episode 1 in term of pattern and pace, which isn't exactly a good point in my books so far.
For a series like Blood C, you would rather think they would break the ice by giving a very sharp and balanced contrast between the "fluff" and the serious business along with some direction in the plot.

However, it is really not the case so far, and it is going to be a major handicap for the series to keep people attention. Honestly, I almost felt like sleeping while watching this episode (and heck, this rarely happens to me with pure slice of life series).
Being CLAMP, it sure gave me some XXXHolic vibes in term of usual daily events, but that doesn't go too well with Blood C "other side". Honestly at this point, it is almost if I had 2 parts of 2 differents series being stitched together with poor connection between each other.

I surely hope they will do something about the pacing and plot progression...
Old 2011-07-14, 19:19   Link #375
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scan:
Old 2011-07-14, 22:10   Link #376
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Okay, two episodes in now...and I simply have no idea what the heck I'm watching.

First off, the series is gorgeous. I'm a CLAMP fan anyway, so I like their style (even if some of the supporting cast members look very typical for them), and someone is clearly spending money on animation as well.

The slow pace definitely does not bother me. I can deal with plot not advancing quickly. Heck, one of my favorite series is ARIA, which barely even has a plot.

My problem is, rather, a near-complete lack of context. Episode 1 gives us Saya at school followed by a monster fight. Episode 2 gives us a fight, then Saya at school, then another fight. What we aren't shown is why she's fighting these things (okay, "family duty" seems to be the short answer hinted at in Ep. 2, but...a little more information than that would be good), what the consequences are if she loses, things like that. There's been very little effort put in on developing anything like an understanding of the world that Saya inhabits. It's all right to have mysteries about a character or character or events (heck, look at how Blood+ started), but without some kind of context to place the mystery in, it's hard to understand what's going on. Similarly, the fight scenes, while cool in and of themselves, lose a lot of emotional impact because I don't really understand why they're even happening (or why they all happen in isolated/deserted areas--how is Saya always able to find these supposedly preying-on-humans monsters out in the wilderness instead of among population, well, preying?) or what the stakes are.

(The flip side of this is, when I don't understand anything about the series, then everything becomes a potential mystery. The dog, Fumito and his cafe, the class rep's crush, the Mysterious Silent Standoffish Boy, the homeroom teacher who's slightly too familiar with the Mysterious Silent Standoffish Boy, the twins...it's hard to tell how much of that is tied to Saya's family secrets and the Elder Bairns, what will prove to be a red herring, and what is just background noise that I'm not even supposed to be thinking about.)

Pros: Very pretty, good animation, good music and themes.

Cons: Lack of time spent establishing what's going on leads to emotional disassociation from characters and events for me as a viewer.

I'll be back for more, but...I hope the next-episode promo talking about the Kisaragi family secrets doesn't lie.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 22:51   Link #377
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Am I the only one who was 100% convinced that dog was a cat?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 01:31   Link #378
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Am I the only one who was 100% convinced that dog was a cat?
Its some kind of a hybrid
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 03:13   Link #379
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

no i thought the dog was a cat as well

yeah this series so far has a formula, largely light-hearted with a big action scene at the end. i'm not a fan of the singing/naive persona of saya but i can live with it. i just feel like the demonstration of those personality traits are taking a large chunk of the episode.

but it seems like next episode will be more plot-based.
Old 2011-07-15, 03:37   Link #380
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
While I like this show's pace and taking everything easy while putting characters in meaningless conversations, I would like to see some story progress in the next episode. And those guimauve, I totally thought it was a Turkish Delight or lokum at first, I know it goes well with a coffee as well.

Don't really mind the characters who change personality from daily-life to fighting an enemy, but somehow it isn't the case here for me. Saya's change from serious predator to happy and clumsy kinda character when going to school is a bit... creepy.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.