AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 02:41   Link #121
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I also found it funny that to stress how fast the plot was moving forward in episode 1, Dan literally timewarped one year later. THAT is fast.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 02:50   Link #122
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
A premise like this is either going to be stupid or awesome. Let's find out by watching the first episode. Here goes nothing. *Finishes* All right then, I can sum up my feelings on the entire episode like this.

ZZZZZZZZZZ!
Dan, Please Shut Up!
Miyuki has nice breasts!
*Repeat the above three repeatedly, but not always in that exact order*

As you can guess this show is definitely not for me. I can get nice breasts in shows with a less annoying main character and series that aren't boring. Sorry to say, but I may have one of my first drops of the season.
Old 2009-04-07, 02:58   Link #123
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
lol because no show ever improves after the first episode...
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 03:03   Link #124
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That was a fun episode. Miyuki's the childhood friend, a Bigfoot mechanic and cute.

After seeing QB, the fanservice in this ep. is Gurren Lagann level. Another "urban" title that looks like fun like Michikto to Hatchin was.
It is obvious that they are trying to capture what made Gurren lagann such a huge hit.
Regardless of it being a Mecha show and there being previous shows like Mazinger Z around, you hardly can see any similarities with the Grandfather of superobots and more with grandchildren like gurren.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 03:59   Link #125
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
lol because no show ever improves after the first episode...
That person has a K-On avatar he's just not worth arguing with.

Anyways really enjoyed the first episode to this series. Eventhough it move very fast it fit well for the series. Dan's character didn't annoy me like I thought he would have. Same goes with Spanky, thought he would be one of those annoying cute sounding mascots that you see in some anime series mostly in Magical Shoujo shows thankfully he's opposite of them heck he ate one of those mascot like creatures in the episode.

Liked Miyuki's character as well will be interesting to see how things go with Dan she already stated that she came back for him and still has feelings for him but I see a triangle developing with that blond girl in the next episode. Overall very good first episode looking forward too see where things will go.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 06:10   Link #126
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Liked Miyuki's character as well will be interesting to see how things go with Dan she already stated that she came back for him and still has feelings for him but I see a triangle developing with that blond girl in the next episode. Overall very good first episode looking forward too see where things will go.
I see a love triangle too, but already Miyuki's chance are going down hill. If you see the promo image for the show, it has Dan, the blond girl and the guy with glasses together.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:18   Link #127
Vital Regions

I'm actually enjoying this, as ridiculous as the premise and such are. I like Miyuki a lot =3.
Vital Regions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:00   Link #128
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I see a love triangle too, but already Miyuki's chance are going down hill. If you see the promo image for the show, it has Dan, the blond girl and the guy with glasses together.
Prob because mechanics never get on the promo image before the team players. It sad being a techie.

Also, our lead Dan has a problem with girls who are endowed. So despite being the childhood friend that got reunited, her chest worked against her.

Miyuki can do better.
Old 2009-04-07, 10:40   Link #129
Grif

How the hell did this manage to be good? O.O!!!!!

went into it not expecting much, i was amazed. Action was fast paced, the animation was top notch, and it was really enjoyable.

I might just keep watching this.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:12   Link #130
Jin and Toanic
Vide supra
*Fansubber

Man, I wish I had a girlfriend like Miyuki. She's definitely my kind of girl. As for Sela, I haven't seen enough of her to have an opinion as of now.
Jin and Toanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:30   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay the premise, physics, and plot make me want to bang my head against the wall... but the anime is very colorful and the atmosphere is great (in other words, Star Wars physics). Miyuki is mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

We'll see.... wasn't planning on watching it and this sort of mecha makes my engineering/science head just cringe. Depends on the "shouting-posturing" ratio to story as to whether I'll stick with it. But the effect of the first episode was quite exuberant and lively.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-04-07 at 21:30.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:18   Link #132
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

quick question... when does this air? o.o/)
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:33   Link #133
ChocaPik

The Thursday night in Japan [in fact the Friday at 1 a.m.].
ChocaPik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:41   Link #134
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Found this surprisingly funny. Let's see if The Hory Froating Head delivers yet again...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:58   Link #135
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Found this surprisingly funny. Let's see if The Hory Froating Head delivers yet again...

ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 14:24   Link #136
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heh. He just HAS to show up, doesn't he?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 17:50   Link #137
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow...Now that was a helluva lot of unexpected fun right there. Fantastic BG artwork especially...The whole world really popped with life and color in almost every last frame.

The mechs are...well dense looking...But honestly I was too busy enjoying the story and drooling over the scenery to really pay much mind to it. Heres hoping the show can maintain this level of fun and enjoyment.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 17:58   Link #138
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

First I would like to punch myself on the face......

I really thought that this was going to be a failed lame anime. First basketball and mechs...

Basketball is not good in anime....whatever fans of people might say it just never is.

Mechs playing them I thought it would fail even more...the teasers and first look on the anime wasn't enough to impress me...... OK NOW ON WITH THE REVIEW>>>

THIS ANIME BLEW MY MIND AWAY!!!!!!!!!

1. The artwork was completely amazing...
2. Music was awesome
3. Characters were hilarious
4. The settings was just amazing

Right of the bat the first episode was just truly epic
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:16   Link #139
Oxtail

I had no idea what this show was about when I downloaded it. Not really into sports-action type animes, but like many people I was impressed with the first episode. Best animated show this season and I really liked the music. Not too thrilled with the lead character, but I'll definitely keep watching this.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 22:23   Link #140
Crimson_Hero

I don't know how to feel about this series. Yes, the first episode looked absolutely stunning and was a great intro to the world. But, it set the bar so high, that I'm almost positive that the euphoric visual high achieved watching the first ep will never again be reached in the preceding 25 episodes.
Crimson_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, mecha, shounen