AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-06, 23:11   Link #41
wingman

Yeah id agree with that, although i felt the same thing for Full Metal Alchemist...

I never watch the coming next episode segments either, and when i did in HiME, they were a bit stupid, so i just quietly ignored them...

I think a relative English phrase is "In one Sitting"
Old 2008-02-07, 14:05   Link #42
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
"Addiction quality" is just the phrase I've been looking for, thanks, Triple R!
Glad I could help! Yeah, unless the anime is moving from one story arc to a brand new story arc, I don't really like the spoilerific "coming in the next episode" segments myself. They almost ruined Nanoha Striker S for me...
Old 2008-03-17, 04:23   Link #43
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Actually, someone from Sunrise said that it was a mistake to make HiME in the first place.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=26284&page=37
IMO, it sounds like an ungrounded rumor but then again I hope it is because Otome is really being over-saturated.
Old 2008-03-19, 18:24   Link #44
Fweakin

Quote:
The costumes (especially the numerous Otome robes and costumes) in Mai Otome are simply gorgeous. They're really pleasing to the eye.
And by "pleasing to the eye" you mean garish and made of colour clashes, right?

I have watched Mai Hime about 4 times and Otome about 2. As other have said before, HiME is a class act. Character depth, brilliant pacing, funny fanservice (the only tolerable kind for me), heart-string pulling and with epic music to boot. We'll ignore the ending for now.

Then I watched Otome.........and wanted to claw me eyes (thanks costumes!), ears (thanks Arika's seiyuu) and brain out (thanks basic "I must save the world" plot). I couldn't believe this was supposed to be marketed as the same franchise as HiME. I hated it with a fiery passion. And to add insult to injury...along came Zwei, which I will NEVER watch again ::gags::

So as time past, and my recollections of the train wreak that was Otome faded slightly, I decided to rewatch one more time. And with the reduced expectations, it wasn't quite so bad. Still bad, but not as bad as the first watch. It still annoys me that they came up with such an interesting setting (barring the ridiculous assigning of roles...Natsuki....you're so useless/helpless now!), and went absolutely nowhere interesting with it.

And the leads remain 2 dimensional and unlikeable (Mashiro......take a page from Haruhi....you can be flawed but still likable if you have DEPTH! And Arika....I don't even know where to start with you).

So overall yes, my opinion did change......when I lowered my expectations way, way, way down on rewatch.
Closed Thread