AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OVA 4 Rating
Perfect 10 18 20.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 14.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 21.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 4.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-11, 14:18   Link #61
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

That outfit isn't necessarily a Robe, especially given the wings.

Although, if it's indeed a Robe, I hope they will provide a damn good reason why Fumi's nanomachines aren't broken... As long as it puts an end to that "UBD = 'corrupted' PWD" nonsense talk.
Old 2007-08-11, 15:15   Link #62
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I thought she was just in stasis? And why is she still an Otome if she had a baby?
Who said she had a baby? Did I miss something? I guess she could be in stasis since there was a case like this in the Zwei manga.
Old 2007-08-11, 15:18   Link #63
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
That outfit isn't necessarily a Robe, especially given the wings.

Although, if it's indeed a Robe, I hope they will provide a damn good reason why Fumi's nanomachines aren't broken... As long as it puts an end to that "UBD = 'corrupted' PWD" nonsense talk.
Was the UBD actually the corrupted PWD or a new Gem?
Old 2007-08-11, 15:33   Link #64
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Who said she had a baby? Did I miss something?
Midori explains to Arika in episode 19 (I think) that only an Otome who gave birth to a child can fulfill the role of a Shinso - this is why Schwarz needed Lena's body.

Quote:
Was the UBD actually the corrupted PWD or a new Gem?
Unknown, I think; but I seem to be among the minority that assumes them to be different GEMs.

And as for Fumi being dead/not dead/in stasis/whatever:

"What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter, nature's way of keeping meat fresh, nothing to a nanogene."
Old 2007-08-11, 15:42   Link #65
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Midori explains to Arika in episode 19 (I think) that only an Otome who gave birth to a child can fulfill the role of a Shinso - this is why Schwarz needed Lena's body.
Oh yeah! I can't believe I forgot about that. She does seem to be wearing a Robe, looking at her collar. Her Robe seems to be so elegant and regal! Except her head ornament thing, when paired with her wings, makes her look like one of those Las Vegas show girls.
Old 2007-08-11, 16:11   Link #66
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Oh yeah! I can't believe I forgot about that. She does seem to be wearing a Robe, looking at her collar. Her Robe seems to be so elegant and regal! Except her head ornament thing, when paired with her wings, makes her look like one of those Las Vegas show girls.
She has the light up thingies too!
Old 2007-08-11, 20:05   Link #67
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
And as for Fumi being dead/not dead/in stasis/whatever:

"What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter, nature's way of keeping meat fresh, nothing to a nanogene."
The good Doctor, oh yes. Have you seen the (err, I mean my ) recently-posted HiME Who: Terror of the Orphans spoof trailer? </shamelessplug>

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-08-11, 23:15   Link #68
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Exclamation Grandmother Said This...

*follow Tendou's qoute* Arika said, Obaachan no itetta(Grandmother said This), Great! Now i can't remember what is she gonna said! hhhmmmm Every battle comes with great sacrifice. am i right?
Old 2007-08-13, 13:29   Link #69
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikon
Although, if it's indeed a Robe, I hope they will provide a damn good reason why Fumi's nanomachines aren't broken...
Two things. First, is it really THE Fumi that is Garderobe's Shinso? Second, you guys overlooked that Otome can have very different characteristics from their Shinso. Case in point, Schwarz's Valkyries are very different from Lena, their Shinso. Fumi could have nanomachines without the restrictions that the Garderobe Otomes have to put up with.
Old 2007-08-13, 15:31   Link #70
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Two things. First, is it really THE Fumi that is Garderobe's Shinso? Second, you guys overlooked that Otome can have very different characteristics from their Shinso. Case in point, Schwarz's Valkyries are very different from Lena, their Shinso. Fumi could have nanomachines without the restrictions that the Garderobe Otomes have to put up with.
Why would Fumi's nanomachines be any different from from the other Otome? Fumi is still a Shinso, which would mean she would have had to have given birth, which means that she had sex, which would mean her nanomachines don't work. I may be misunderstanding what you're trying to say though.
Old 2007-08-13, 16:30   Link #71
starCHILDE

Maybe Fumi became pregnant by artificial insemination so she didn't have sex. That way the nanomachines could still be working.

The new pictures look really good. I'm really looking forward to this last OVA
Old 2007-08-13, 16:46   Link #72
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by starCHILDE View Post
Maybe Fumi became pregnant by artificial insemination so she didn't have sex. That way the nanomachines could still be working.
But don't she still need the sperm inside her and wasn't it the sperm that renders the nanomachines useless? I'm interested in how she being the very first Otome, where did she get her powers from and how does she know how to use it? Perhaps she is related to Mikoto/Cat God/Crystal Princess and is the original type-Z?
Old 2007-08-13, 17:41   Link #73
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Here's a crazy theory: the nanomachines are in fact resistant to whatever dangers Yohko presented, but the whole "females only, no sex" thing was so rooted in the culture that they added a function to the nanomachines that detected these chemicals and enforced the breakdown.

Presumably, with the means to turn it off.
Old 2007-08-13, 19:25   Link #74
Silvx

Interesting new pictures, the 24th needs to come faster :\ will this final OVA be longer than the past 3? like a 40minute one or only another 24minute-ish one? As for Nina's new robe, ditch the blue Arika 1.5 pants and I like it
Old 2007-08-13, 19:33   Link #75
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
But don't she still need the sperm inside her and wasn't it the sperm that renders the nanomachines useless? I'm interested in how she being the very first Otome, where did she get her powers from and how does she know how to use it? Perhaps she is related to Mikoto/Cat God/Crystal Princess and is the original type-Z?
She could very well be a Z-type. She and Alissa could have also teamed up to create the nanomachines and decided that the technology should only be in Windbloom.
Old 2007-08-13, 23:53   Link #76
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvx View Post
Interesting new pictures, the 24th needs to come faster :\ will this final OVA be longer than the past 3? like a 40minute one or only another 24minute-ish one? As for Nina's new robe, ditch the blue Arika 1.5 pants and I like it
It's listed as being 30 minutes, the same as the previous episodes.
Old 2007-08-14, 03:48   Link #77
Rava

You know, after all of these predictions, I'm going to be laughing my ass off if Fumi fighting is a flashback.
Old 2007-08-14, 05:32   Link #78
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Here's a crazy theory: the nanomachines are in fact resistant to whatever dangers Yohko presented, but the whole "females only, no sex" thing was so rooted in the culture that they added a function to the nanomachines that detected these chemicals and enforced the breakdown.

Presumably, with the means to turn it off.
Here's a crazier one: The nanomachines don't actually break down. It's actually a lie so deeply ingrained over generations that it's become "truth" and secret parties conduct MIB-style silencing of those who find out and try to spread the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
You know, after all of these predictions, I'm going to be laughing my ass off if Fumi fighting is a flashback.
I'm not sure why I feel as though that cop-out won't make me feel betrayed...

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-08-14, 05:46   Link #79
y063banana71
kris

Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
From the pictures on the official site it KIND of looks like yatagarasu, and miroku. however I can't zoom in with firefox and I just cannot be bothered looking in IE
Old 2007-08-14, 06:48   Link #80
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Flashback? Of whom? The only ones who can possibly have Fumi as a flashback are Miyu and Mikoto... and Miyu is stoned.

Quote:
Here's a crazier one: The nanomachines don't actually break down. It's actually a lie so deeply ingrained over generations that it's become "truth" and secret parties conduct MIB-style silencing of those who find out and try to spread the truth.
I know you will be laughing, but I can buy that as a possible theory. After all, if everyone believes that, an Otome who has had sex will have her GEM removed anyway, thus becoming unable to activate the nanomachines - and I wouldn't be surprised if Garderobe, being a political power in its own right, had a secret service for the purpose of silencing former Otome who discover that their nanomachines are still active after all.

The Garderobe teachers and the Columns are exempt (as they can materialize without certification), but they would probably be interested in spreading the lie. Who knows, maybe they do have some kind of secret sex lives...
Closed Thread