AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 18 25.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 04:13   Link #21
Dulcetiar
Otome
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Dulcetiar
I love it !!!
All charactors --- so attractive.
Both of men charactors also --- more intersesting !
(Arika's dad and Nina's dad , lol)
Reito is very cute.. I couldn't believe that! O_o

PS.
I have direct download for Mai-Otome ~S.ifr~ epi. 02
If anyone need just PM me. ;-)
Old 2008-07-25, 05:48   Link #22
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'll start of by saying that Chibi-Reito is adorable!!!!

A very interesting episode. They certainly didn't go light on the fanservice, but they didn't let it conflict with the plot development either.

I find myself most interested by the events around the 13:40 mark, where Rena finds a book that seems to study the HiME, with an image of what is quite blatantly Akane too. The link between HiME and Otome seems pretty much confirmed to me.

As we thought M9 and the other androids are based of Miyu (what with Miyu blatantly calling her her 'imouto-tachi' and all) unless I'm mistranslating things here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-07-25 at 06:23.
Old 2008-07-25, 06:38   Link #23
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The official site did mention that her persona was the silent type. But I find it strange why they'd even put up these new characters for voting in the character poll. They even have Sakura on there too.
That's because out of the characters introduced in episode 2, Shiro, Sakura, and Reito were the only ones with a personality.
Old 2008-07-25, 12:29   Link #24
solarknight123

Quote:
In this episode, Schwarz claims and convinces that Bruce is Sifr's dad and Sifr is the princess of Wind Bloom. I don't remember Bruce's response to this though.

And the ending song is a a new release. Don't know the release date though.
So Bruce is actually Sifr's dad? Wow i guess that would make more sense since he seemed too old for her to be her husband
Old 2008-07-25, 13:19   Link #25
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
So Bruce is actually Sifr's dad? Wow i guess that would make more sense since he seemed too old for her to be her husband
Bruce is just 21...

That would mean that Bruce was going around having sex at the age of 6-7.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:14   Link #26
Urd
Airborne

it seems somethings never cahnge, after all...
You guys can stop calling Natsuki useless now.. Una doesn't materializes at nothing too.. must be a Gakuenchou thing, only materialize when in need..
And i think Natsuki's robe must be an upgrade of the Ice Silver Crystal.. I mean, with Iruma, it looks something like Arika's 1.5 version of Souten...But i dig her gun.. And she fires ice! At least it mades justice to the GEM's name...

Also, it seems that Gakuenchou is always the 2nd Collum...
Old 2008-07-25, 14:18   Link #27
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urd View Post
it seems somethings never cahnge, after all...
You guys can stop calling Natsuki useless now.. Una doesn't materializes at nothing too.. must be a Gakuenchou thing, only materialize when in need..
And i think Natsuki's robe must be an upgrade of the Ice Silver Crystal.. I mean, with Iruma, it looks something like Arika's 1.5 version of Souten...But i dig her gun.. And she fires ice! At least it mades justice to the GEM's name...

Also, it seems that Gakuenchou is always the 2nd Collum...
The color of the Robe does more justice to the name than Natsuki's version. As I said, it's just that Lena's generation is better than Arika's.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:50   Link #28
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

As much as I loved her in Hime, compared to Una, Natsuki is maybe not useless but definitely weak. She just stands there, waiting for things to happen, leaving a whiny queen to do what she wants with the kingdom that hosts the Garderobe, to the point of being kicked out of her very house.
While Una is clearly in control of both her people and the situation she's in, and she does not fear to take any necessary measure (yet cruel) to safeguard Garderobe security

Bruce can't biologically be Sifr's dad. Maybe he could be the uncle...
Old 2008-07-25, 14:58   Link #29
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'll start of by saying that Chibi-Reito is adorable!!!!
Chibi Reito was indeed cute, but watching him running around and bickering with Lena was a bit depressing to me, since we know that he will grow up to kill her in the first episode of Mai Otome. Watching the Sifr series kinda reminds me of the Star Wars prequels; you know from the start that most of the characters will be betrayed, die horrible deaths, and never meet their children. =/
Old 2008-07-25, 18:35   Link #30
FET-Kun

I usually don't post these days, but...

We waited that LONG for this pathetic episode?

Granted, there were some good parts to it, though they are few and far between. They rushed the entire plot past us and there was minimal action. The lack of action is what I've been dissapointed with ever since the Otome series began. We didn't even get a Materilize sequence for anyone. ~_~

Oh well, Otome feels like a dying franchise, and I don't want it to. But they seem to not have any interest in giving us anything besides OVAs that, for the most part, have been very disappointing. How bout a new TV series based on something NOT Otome??

Oh well... I had to rant. I like Otome, but to keep us waiting for so long and then give us this... WTF sunrise?
Old 2008-07-25, 19:21   Link #31
Dledum

Ppl, please dont spank me but, where can i download the ep 2? i cant frikkin remember where i downloaded ep 1 from... =((
Old 2008-07-25, 19:30   Link #32
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
In this episode, Schwarz claims and convinces that Bruce is Sifr's dad and Sifr is the princess of Wind Bloom. I don't remember Bruce's response to this though.
A pity,

Bruce, "Dude I'm 21...."
Old 2008-07-25, 19:35   Link #33
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
A pity,

Bruce, "Dude I'm 21...."
Ooh, then maybe he really isn't. By the way, anyone know where Schwarz and Sifr is going to in that shuttle? An outer space satellite?
Old 2008-07-25, 20:25   Link #34
Dledum

has anyone find the subbed version? ive been searching for quite a while and ive only managed to find the raw version...
Old 2008-07-25, 20:25   Link #35
Brandt
And Beyond

Quote:
Ooh, then maybe he really isn't. By the way, anyone know where Schwarz and Sifr is going to in that shuttle? An outer space satellite?
Without subs, I'm guessing they're going to the blue star? We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Anyway, I thought this OVA was pretty good. I think S.ifr is the only series of HiME and Otome where I actually like all the male characters. Shiro comes off as a pretty cool guy, and John Smith is one sinister bastard. As for our female lead, Rena is simply awesome all round. The fanservice was just right.

However, I can almost understand the few negative criticisms of some previous posters. Almost being the keyword.

There wasn't a lot of action, but I think it's foolish to expect an action-packed OVA, especially if we consider the pacing required to squeeze an adequate story into three 30-minute OVAs. I was pretty much on the money when I was predicting a dialogue-heavy episode, which is what we got. It's easy to feel disappointed when we don't understand what is being said and instead rely on action sequences.

Anyway, can't wait for the next OVA.
Old 2008-07-25, 21:59   Link #36
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dledum View Post
has anyone find the subbed version? ive been searching for quite a while and ive only managed to find the raw version...
Subs are not out yet.

I am really hoping for an all-out battle between 5 Columns and Lena in the next episode. But still, we all would know who the winner would be.

As for Reito, it's such a shame that many years later, he would've fought with Lena. I wonder what happened to Shiro then?
Old 2008-07-25, 23:05   Link #37
Moonshine
A bottle of...

Send a message via AIM to Moonshine
Does anyone know where we can find the raw version? A link would be great!

Or who's doing the subs/when they'll be out?

EDIT: Found it! Youtube link which has the links to the 2nd and 3rd parts. It's raw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShXiEoMQt60
Old 2008-07-25, 23:40   Link #38
Jimmy C

Just watched the chinese sub of this ep. Lots of info, if you can understand it.
They didn't say Bruce was Sifr's dad. It was Bruce's uncle. Younger brother to the current king of Windbloom. He met Sifr's mother when he was studying in Aries.
And it truely was Sifr's proximity that awoke M-9. I stand corrected there. M-9 had been sealed. Only Garderobe or the descendants of the Player, the royal family of Windbloom, can revive her. Why was she sealed? Because she has data from fighting the Founder, as in Fumi.
The Sapphire is not a new GEM, I'm sure someone will be relieved at this. Miyu left the Blue Sky Sapphire for Lena, along with a letter from her mother. Since it wasn't read onscreen, we don't know how the two are related. Yet. At this point, the only way the BSS can be a new GEM is if Miyu or Lena's mom made it or had someone else make it for her.
Lena had that HiME-like mark since she was a child. It was faint, but became darker ever since entered Garderobe. Then her Otome powers started getting stronger. She broke her first Coral GEM in 3 months. She thought that was something that happened to everyone.
The view from the space station in the preview is strange. There's a close view of the planet on one side, and a close view of the moon on the other. That can't be possible unless the moon and planet are closer than expected, which would mean the moon is smaller than I thought.
Old 2008-07-25, 23:57   Link #39
Moonshine
A bottle of...

Send a message via AIM to Moonshine
Spoiler for Shiro and Rena?:

Shiro's totally the cool guy here. Better than Bruce. Mr. Nerdy Researcher who gets the babe because he's smart and sensitive and totally deserves a girl like Rena. Or maybe I just like smart, sensitive, and nerdy researchers.

WTH? Why did we hear Nagi's voice?

And of course Reito. Of COURSE they would show some interaction between Reito and Rena so that Rena's death would be ... special? I don't know, it's just, that's how it ALWAYS is. They knew each other, were maybe even friends, and then... LIFE HAPPENED. OMG, that's so sad. No. It's life. Their argument is funny though ;D

Also, is it just me or does Rei look like a grown Otome Mikoto? Hair, big sword. It totally fits.

I understood about 5% of what was said since I haven't made much of a dent in my Jap college minor, but I got the gist. Looking forward to the subs so that all those conversations can be clarified.

Overall, it was good. THANK YOU FOR BACKGROUND INFO! For once, we have connections between HiME and Otome. Finally!
Old 2008-07-26, 00:52   Link #40
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Bruce is just 21...

That would mean that Bruce was going around having sex at the age of 6-7.
Wow thanks for the correction. Man i feel really dumb . As for that hime mark shown in the episode. I wouldn't have my hopes up yet that it will be a direct connection between hime and otome. Chances are like always sunrise will leave it as yet another unexplained recycled item that they immigrated from hime, or they might actually make some use for the symbol and while they don't make it as a connection between the 2 series, they could use it as a important item in the otome world