AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 25 37.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 17.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-22, 00:37   Link #21
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-22, 01:24   Link #22
ThoHell

Finally watched it, good episode. Rena is so awesome and hot that makes the whole Otome and Master concept more infuriating. M9....got to grab Rena's boobs... that was interesting and shocking for us and Rena!

But once again not happen with the ending. Not enough closure, mainly referring to the whole Shiro X Rena thing. Would of been better/more romantic/or something if she had form the contract with Shiro instead of Bruce.....
Old 2008-11-22, 03:02   Link #23
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-22, 15:45   Link #24
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I thought watching it several times would help me process my thoughts, but even after the 3rd time of watching, I am still left with more questions than answers. Certainly, I had a degree of enjoyment, but I was far from satisfied.

Spoiler for Click at your own risk:

Otherwise, yes, others have said it, Rena's action scenes were indeed exciting to watch. Then again, this is her series.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-11-22 at 16:36.
Old 2008-11-22, 16:32   Link #25
LonelyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
<snip>

- Tak
On all that is Otome holy...I think you could put in a few spoiler tags in there.
Old 2008-11-22, 20:35   Link #26
Sakuya
*Artist

I thought the action scenes were epic because it actually has combat! Hisayuki should be the director all the time. As for the plot, I'll hold off on questions after I watch the sub. But judging from the spoilers mentioned so far, I doubt my questions will be answered.

Sigh, now I have to wonder why Arika is like that compared to her mom! If only the TV series had Lena as the main character it would probably been awesome. By the way, I'm surprised Lena did not have that golden-hair-light-up thing Arika has.
Old 2008-11-22, 21:23   Link #27
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
By the way, I'm surprised Lena did not have that golden-hair-light-up thing Arika has.
That is because, unlike Arika, Rena does not need to go super saiyajin x10 to kick the crap out of her enemies. She only became half serious and that was enough to send the trio shivers down their spine.

If she does go beyond, well, there goes the planet...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-22, 22:33   Link #28
solarknight123

You know after I saw an action clip from Ep. 3 where Rena fights the 4 otome, I have to say i really feel sorry for Arika. I mean I knew Rena was a good otome, but i never realized how awsome she was or how much Arika has to live up to. She is nothing what so ever compaired to her mom!
Old 2008-11-23, 02:24   Link #29
Same_Shark

Quote:
That is because, unlike Arika, Rena does not need to go super saiyajin x10 to kick the crap out of her enemies. She only became half serious and that was enough to send the trio shivers down their spine.

If she does go beyond, well, there goes the planet...

- Tak
From that scene, you can pretty much see that Kyoko & Iruma were the weak links. After Iruma was kicked, she never got back up. Kyoko took more of a beating than Iruma, but she got back up although her reaction times is slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
You know after I saw an action clip from Ep. 3 where Rena fights the 4 otome, I have to say i really feel sorry for Arika. I mean I knew Rena was a good otome, but i never realized how awsome she was or how much Arika has to live up to. She is nothing what so ever compaired to her mom!
That's because Arika didn't go through as much training as Lena did and she's pretty new to being an Otome. On top of that, Arika still has a lot more learning to do and a lot more experience. Maybe one day, Arika will get to that point, but I really don't see it happening until she's well into her late teens to early twenties.
Old 2008-11-23, 03:51   Link #30
LonelyWolf

Something's been bothering me.
Spoiler for combat vs M9:
Old 2008-11-23, 03:57   Link #31
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyWolf View Post
I was confused about that too. And what was her scream after that happens for? It's like she screams, regenerates, and then goes back to fighting.
Old 2008-11-23, 03:59   Link #32
Same_Shark

Quote:
I was confused about that too. And what was her scream after that happens for? It's like she screams, regenerates, and then goes back to fighting.
I think that scream was a scream of "I don't want to die! I've got too much shit to do right now!"
Old 2008-11-23, 03:59   Link #33
LonelyWolf

Quote:
Spoiler for She screamed:
Old 2008-11-23, 04:45   Link #34
Tak

On Rena's scream:

On the official site's description, it is stated that Rena had always been bothered by her incredible strength. I'd assume she is bothered by what would happen if she releases all of her strength. Thus, if she was forced to release her potential, something bad might happen. Thats my best guess.

She is supposedly a descendant from one of them originals, after all. Thus explaining the mark and the lack of a master when materializing. Could she be a descendant of Mai from Hime judging by the proximity of her birthmark?

- Tak

Old 2008-11-23, 05:51   Link #35
Jimmy C

Actually, we know exactly who her ancestor was from the MO tv series, or have you forgotten why Miyu looks after her and Arika?
Old 2008-11-23, 05:56   Link #36
Kahvi

Quote:
On Rena's scream:

She is supposedly a descendant from one of them originals, after all. Thus explaining the mark and the lack of a master when materializing. Could she be a descendant of Mai from Hime judging by the proximity of her birthmark?

- Tak
I think she is a descendant of Alyssa Sears the fake Hime , that would explain her summoning Artemis the golden wings and why Miyu is so attached to her bloodline.
Old 2008-11-23, 06:42   Link #37
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyWolf View Post
I ROFL Myself to death after seeing it!
Old 2008-11-23, 09:33   Link #38
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Actually, we know exactly who her ancestor was from the MO tv series, or have you forgotten why Miyu looks after her and Arika?
Actually, my last part was just pure sarcasm. Can't help it after the gratuitous titty shot.

- Tak (What? Didn't anyone notice the little ?)

Last edited by Tak; 2008-11-23 at 11:02.
Old 2008-11-23, 10:51   Link #39
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Rena's Boob Shot!

Quote:
Actually, my last part was just pure sarcasm. Can't help it after the titty shot.

- Tak
Again I LOL myself watching the episode!
Old 2008-11-23, 14:35   Link #40
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post

That's because Arika didn't go through as much training as Lena did and she's pretty new to being an Otome. On top of that, Arika still has a lot more learning to do and a lot more experience. Maybe one day, Arika will get to that point, but I really don't see it happening until she's well into her late teens to early twenties.
Yeah, but remember that Rena was somewhat of a unusual one amongst the otome. She was so loaded with power that most gems, not even meister gems could handle her and I don't think that was a result of training. I'm just surprised that Arika never had this kind of problem as well seeing as how she is her daughter. I wonder why that could be?