AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 00:14   Link #43181
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I feel that IS has been stagnant for awhile. The new volume has done nothing but raise an internal shitstorm in me. And I'm stuck on wanting to write depressing stuff. Hell the last serious type session I did involved want of suicide, kidnapping, attempted rape, murder by rough dismemberment. Lots and lots of dying. :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:18   Link #43182
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ It could be worse actually.

Still I'm trying to do a take on volume 7 with Ichika going ballistic on Chifuyu after finding out about Madoka.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:26   Link #43183
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Zero, Shouldn't it be Twincest instead?
Half sibling so nope

Quote:
On another side, which narrator you find most easiest to describe battles?
Depends

Glossing on hyperbole is easier in first person.

Quote:
Also a battle in the 2nd chap is going too far?
Quote:
Still I'm trying to do a take on volume 7 with Ichika going ballistic on Chifuyu after finding out about Madoka.
Sorry, could you post the link? I'm not sure I can find your id (assuming it's posted on FF.net)

EDIT: wait, there's that one but still... just to make sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I feel that IS has been stagnant for awhile. The new volume has done nothing but raise an internal shitstorm in me. And I'm stuck on wanting to write depressing stuff. Hell the last serious type session I did involved want of suicide, kidnapping, attempted rape, murder by rough dismemberment. Lots and lots of dying. :|
I reached this point in V5 shitstorm, after that, I went "screw canon" instead.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:30   Link #43184
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I went screw canon a long time ago. I'm just... so far out of it right now

If I write about how the women fall in love with Ichika, shit gets all depressing. Except maybe Yamada, she can have Omiai hijinks for how she ends up falling in love with Ichika.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:31   Link #43185
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If I write about how the women fall in love with Ichika, shit gets all depressing. Except maybe Yamada, she can have Omiai hijinks for how she ends up falling in love with Ichika.
Once again Demi

Fanfiction writing is supposed to be fun

If you're not comfortable with it, stop for a while and write something fun for you.

Even if it's something full of mass rape, baby eating and genocide. Just don't forget putting warning disclaimer.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:34   Link #43186
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't want to put mood whiplash 2 chapters in to cake eater

Maybe 5?

Now I'm reminded of my concept of ISRI and how insecure I am about it. Fuck.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:11   Link #43187
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just keep throwing scenes out but they're not quite in chronological order. which would explain why it gets ignored from time to time.

I'm still stuck on second arc's second chapter...
Old 2013-05-13, 02:04   Link #43188
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"What... is this?"

He stared, his eyes unmoving as they followed the trickle of ever expanding red beneath the body. He didn't know them, he had no idea what they looked like given the hypersensor visor worn over their face. But he could tell they were human, he could tell they were female. The same hands, the same feet, the same mouth, the same nose. All human features. The breasts that molded against the thin clothes that made up the IS pilot suits bulged to declare the cadaver's sex. But that was all meaningless. It was dead. It was no longer a human. He stared and it took moments, eternities to process.

Who? What? When? Why? Where?

It was as if the corpse had just fallen from the sky. It was unknown to him what the identity of the cadaver had been prior to hitting the earth before him. It was dead, no longer human. Just a lump of flesh. A macro mass of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen compounds along with other trace elements. It all felt like a big joke. Even though he had seen violence, even though he had come face to face with death so many times that he lost count of him telling himself, "Oh, I'm going to die." while in the midst of being beaten. This was the first time he had seen someone dead.

Even Laura's onslaught against Cecilia and Rin were nothing. That had been merely an act of bullying. One that could have gone too far if not curbed. The victims had suffered broken bones, bruises, cuts and shattered pride. But they were not dead. The aim was not to kill but to send a message. This conflict before him wasn't about a message. It was merely elimination. His mouth dried as his own thoughts coalesced into this one realization.

This is death.

No words were spoken, no taunts, no declarations. Merely the necessary actions required to put your opponent down and make sure they would never get up again. It was a brutality that exceeded even that of the supersoldier he knew. For the first time in his life, Ichika admitted to himself that he was just a highschool boy. Not as a rational being, but an honest and primordial confession. He was powerless. The sheer stench of blood, smoke, and ozone overcoming him in a wave of weakness. This was the battlefield, there was no place for someone like him.

"Go home."

He had been told. Run, run away. This place is not for you to enter. He had an IS, and the enemy had an IS as well. He was the Japanese representative. The best that the country had to offer in the art of piloting. At least that was what he was supposed to be. But here he was, on his butt, watching as women flew overhead slaughtering each other. Shields and absolute defense that boasted perfect safety be damned. Once the machine turned off they would either be caught by the hard earth's embrace, the lance of another beam, or riddled full of holes before either could be achieved. It wasn't human.

Whatever fairytales were woven to create this picture of perfection about IS, how they would enforce a new perfect society was utter bullshit. The cold war was a hoax and everyone who had their fingers hovering over the buttons that triggered sirens of war were actually pressing the silent horn all along. He could see that now. He knew better. But he didn't want to accept it.

"I'm just a highschool boy."

But even as he refutes the reality, before him people are dying. Flames fall from the sky. Corpses continue saturate the very space around him with their rotting bulk. Broken, burned, atomized, All of them were upon him. And before him was still his sister with her back turned to him. The rigidness and cold steel in her posture told him she'd seen this before. This hell in front of him was her everyday. Why was he so sheltered and her so immersed?

"You don't belong here. GO!"

Yes, he was an ordinary highschool boy. there was no place for him here on this battlefield. This place where death could seep into your lungs and imbibe you with the sanity wrecking stench the pervaded the senses. There was no place for someone who knew only the troubles of living when everyone faced the trouble to stay alive. This was not a place where people settled their differences by talking and by beating their beliefs into each other. It was just either kill or be killed.

But in this place that was known as hell. In this place where it was kill or be killed. In this place where no ordinary highschool boy should be. He stood up, and raised his blade. Crossing his sister who would act as his protector.

"This isn't your place. Go back to your world."

"Not without everyone."
Old 2013-05-13, 02:48   Link #43189
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I just keep throwing scenes out but they're not quite in chronological order. which would explain why it gets ignored from time to time.

I'm still stuck on second arc's second chapter...
Hey, I'm still cleaning up Phase 1 on my fic...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 11:05   Link #43190
genryu_black

just want to ask if there was a fanfic which Kanzashi become the main heroine? if it exist please share the link.
genryu_black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 11:16   Link #43191
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not so sure, there might just be one in FF.net's archives somewhere.

---------------------

A minor recton for my Minerva Zero, supposedly the last Minerva unit prior to the Noa:

Spoiler for Zero Recton 1:
Old 2013-05-13, 11:25   Link #43192
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

@ Demino - This is one place were a cool-down hug will most likely fail...big-time. XD
Old 2013-05-13, 11:41   Link #43193
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But in that scene, Ichika's purpose was not "kill" like everyone else. It was "bring everyone back.".

Reading too much to aru related stuff lately. The way the gore is described really gets to me and listening to gundam unicorn OST at the same time solidifies this weird hollowing emotion in me that I put in text format. On the brightside there is comedy material too
Old 2013-05-13, 14:06   Link #43194
Eratas123

@ genryu - One fic had some swimsuit competition where Ichika was paired with her....and she was the only one not participating I also made a chapter for her in Daydreams of Maidens in Love.
Old 2013-05-14, 01:17   Link #43195
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Not so sure, there might just be one in FF.net's archives somewhere.

---------------------

A minor recton for my Minerva Zero, supposedly the last Minerva unit prior to the Noa:

Spoiler for Zero Recton 1:
Putting all bread in one basket eh?

My Take on Extended Operation Seeker (aka E.O.S.) of canon
Spoiler for EOS:

Iron.jpg
Old 2013-05-14, 02:21   Link #43196
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Putting all bread in one basket eh?
Basically this:

Sans the beam sabers. Minerva Zero has all the thrusters and the bunker weapons on the arms. Tentative to the plot, he uses this when he goes up against five IS replicas and one genuine IS.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:24   Link #43197
DarkJak2050

Any possible ways or methods of "disguising" the Minerva so it won't be picked up from sensorls like, infrared for example?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 05:47   Link #43198
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Pre-rewrite Minerva has active camo but someone pointed out it's just another item in the Sue list and the fact that there's hardly a time it would be utilized proper, I opted out it for low-output mode.

It'll mask the Minerva from infra-red sensors and heat-seeking weapons but it can still be picked up on radar if it comes too close, where the target usually has very little time to react to his presence.
Old 2013-05-14, 06:16   Link #43199
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Why not just throw a dampening cloak over it?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 06:31   Link #43200
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That... would be a good idea, actually. I might just implement that in-story too :P

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest