Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-20, 03:03   Link #521
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
The original Super Best Friends Dark Souls 2 versus videos were quite well received as it perfectly displayed how two people can have dramatically different experience playing the game With Pat and Woolie being the triumphant duo.

Update: I'm now roughly 1/3 along to way to be getting my Black Dragon Armor... 13 more scales to go. I wouldn't bother with the Black Dragon Greatsword. The Grand Lance is awesome when you do the running attack... You become the drill that pierces the Heavens!
The Black Dragon Armor set is awesome. I just started playing DSII but it's totally the armor I'm going for.

Mainly because it reminds me of the Garo armor
Old 2014-07-20, 16:55   Link #522
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Old 2014-07-21, 17:40   Link #523
nosaer

I've pretty much given up on the auros set, and decided to get the black dragon armor as well. while doing some pvp I came against someone using a grand lance who hit me with the running R2 attack a couple of times which meant I died lol. so I may test it out more when I get a chance. I'm getting ready to move soon and won't be able to take my xbox with me right away which means no gaming for a while

Actually fought someone with the dragon curved sword who managed to get me as well. I've been using the murakumo for a while, and I quite like it, the dragon curved sword is so much shorter than it though. but I'll probably make the leap and upgrade it as well. I'm currently at the end of the game where I pretty much have nothing to do but beat the final boss, so when I do get to play I'm kind of just doing random things while I can still enjoy the benefits of NG.

P.S.

Darklurker is a PITA when you don't have any spells. took me a few attempts to beat him with my melee only character, and probably only won because for some reason he didn't split into 2 when I had him half way dead.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 11:53   Link #524
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I got all of the memories after the super-annoying fire volley dodge that I had to do to reach the Giant Lord...and DAYUM! Bosses just skipped 3 levels of difficulty or something!!!

Ancient Dragon: can't take my damage but hits like a damn truck with that cheapshot fire breath.

Vendrick: easy to read but 1HKO if he sweeps me...and he does a frikken triple sweep -___- His maxed out defenses don't help. AT ALL. Gave up on killing him.

Nashandra: accidentally found this boss while looking for the ghost guy who sells magic arrows...but hey, double summon + spell spam = ez win. I later realized that this was the game's final boss. Oops.

So now, I have to kinda kill the other bosses before moving on to the "second trip to Drangleic", but I'll probably take a break for now. It was fun, LV159 in 58 hours or something.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 18:57   Link #525
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 14:17   Link #526
oompa loompa

the bosses look epic, even the gank squad. i feel like people complain so much about gank squads so its great they added a boss specifically to teach you how to sdeal with that. as far as the other two bosses go, pure epic, now THAT was the dragon fight i was looking for! and that rascal elana, summoning velstadt during the boss battle? can't wait to start, might even start straight from NG+, just to be a true souls masochist.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 03:53   Link #527
oompa loompa

So what did you guys think? I loved it, tougher bosses, tougher baddies, and tougher terrain. Not to mention they FINALLY have bosses and enemies that are resistant to lightning so faith builds can't just roflpwn. Don't know about the weapons, dark wrathful axe seems cool, but in the end is severely outdamaged by the mastodon halberd, not sure about the moveset. Same with yorghs spear, for a weapon in that weight class, it only has an AR of 500 or so max which isn't too impressive.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 02:53   Link #528
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Spoilers abound obviously.

Old 2014-08-05, 06:10   Link #529
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2014-08-13, 09:52   Link #530
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Crown of the Old Iron King preview:

Old 2014-08-13, 11:20   Link #531
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Uuugh that freakin female hollowed groan!

second DLC looks great
Old 2014-08-26, 15:05   Link #532
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Okay... now that Old Iron King is out I finally manange to beat the Dragon Boss from Sunken.

Seems the patch did something to nerf the Toxic Dragon fight... he normaly would kill me with one leg swipe, now he just took 3/4 of my HP bar with it, wich made the fight a lot more forgiving and enabled me to defeat him.

Oh well.. i got the crown and will take on the Iron next... or maybe finaly go to dragon shrine and fight my way through that (yeah... i still have not complete the main game )
Old 2014-09-01, 10:24   Link #533
Chosen_Hero

I haven't played Dark Souls 2 in a while does anyone knows if the nerf to Lighting Spear was fixed? If not than can someone tell me what would be better for a pyromancy upgrade either upgrade the flame or raise my stats to the soft cap?
Old 2014-09-01, 15:45   Link #534
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Nope... which is the reason why my faith/str build is growing a lot more in str recently, I pretty much stopped using offensive miracles and only use str/lightning weapons now...

Sadly I don't have any experience with pyromancy, so i'm sorry that I can only answer one of your questions.
Old 2014-09-01, 17:42   Link #535
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Nope... which is the reason why my faith/str build is growing a lot more in str recently, I pretty much stopped using offensive miracles and only use str/lightning weapons now...

Sadly I don't have any experience with pyromancy, so i'm sorry that I can only answer one of your questions.
Thanks, I kinda thought that was the case, man the B team ran faith builds to the ground, you never saw this in DkS 1 afaik.
Old 2014-09-04, 01:59   Link #536
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just picked this game up on a whim and I have to say I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It's been a LOOOONG time since I played a game that was truly challenging. I've learned the hard way that I can't just hack and slash my way out of tough situations. Sometimes you just have to cut and run like a wuss, lol.

I can't tell you how many times the Pursuer killed me until I figured out that I'm supposed to strafe/roll towards his SHIELD-side, and not his sword-side. Made my fight MUCH easier.

And I originally made a Sorcerer build, but after realizing that a ranged magic build made it super hard to use miracles because my slots were filled with Soul Arrow types, I switched my style COMPLETELY and now I'm running a Paladin build, that's a heavy melee setup with miracles used as support (pretty much for extra healing between battles, at least until I raise my ATT and get more slots).

Considering that I like to use the Drangleic gear, I'm aiming for an END/VIT heavy build, with just enough STR/DEX to use what weapons I want (short term goal is 25/20 for the Drangleic Sword - I have the DEX but need a few more points in STR), and I'm going to start putting some more in ATT/FTH so I can get a few more attunement slots so that I can have a couple offensive miracles mostly because the options are nice to have (I don't always feel like wasting bolts/arrows).

I'll tell you guys how it goes. So far it's worked quite well. I only died once against the Pursuer with my new build (though it's probably also cuz I know how to fight him now), but my main concern is going to be the Ruin Sentinels and Gargoyles, which are the next bosses in my lineup. I'm SUPER SCARED. They were quite challenging even with ranged and with a melee build I'm not even sure if I'll be able to win... at least with my current level of skill.
Old 2014-09-04, 03:34   Link #537
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Drangleic gear is solid and very safe, the downside is that it's expensive to upgrade (Twinkling titanites are rare early game) and your overall weight is pretty heavy. The other thing I suppose is it depends on your perspective- the good thing is that it can carry you throughout most of the game, the bad imo is that it can get a little boring using the same gear throughout lol.

Don't need to be cheap with arrows, they're actually a viable range option for non magic specs, for simply things like pulling or even range cheesing tough enemies. That way you can save up souls to up your other stats.

If you really want a magic option there's always pyro.

Personally I would up my STR/DEX to 30/30 so that I can try out a bunch of weapons before settling on my final build with a soul vessel respec.
Old 2014-09-04, 04:00   Link #538
Chosen_Hero

So, I'm making progress in my dual sword build (started with deprived) I have now reached Earthen Peak I am having too much fun with this class, shortsword and heide knights sword have been a pretty good combination so far. I am now trying to raise my stats so that I can wield two blacksteel katanas (I have the one from the event now I'm going to look for the original one so I have both the black and white) now I'm going to also try and get Alvas set.
Old 2014-09-04, 04:44   Link #539
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Try out dual curved swords for extra style
Old 2014-09-04, 12:03   Link #540
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Try out dual curved swords for extra style
I would but I can't use them properly, every time I try I fail, DeS was the only game I could wield curved swords well, for some reason in DkS and DkS 2 I suck using them.

My custom build as of the time of posting is:

Deprived

Soul lvl - 81

VGR - 20

END - 20

VIT - 12 (15 is my goal for now)

ATN - 10

STR - 14

DEX - 18

ADP - 20

INT - 10

FTH - 10

I wanted to try something new instead of following what others tell me so I decided to try building something from scratch, so the deprived was the only choice. First thing I did was raise all of the stats up to 10 from the 6 you start with, I had a few reason to do this but the most important one were that:

1. I thought that 10 gave a better starting point to branch off in different paths than 6 did.

2. To me personally it feels wrong to not see the numbers either on 5 (15, 25, etc.), or 10 (20, 30, etc.), It's like with my t.v.'s volume which for example, seeing it on 32 bothers me so I always keep it at either 30 or 35... yeah, I know it sound's crazy but I can't help it

My equipment is:

Weapons:

Right hand - Heide Knight Seord +3, Pyromancy Flame +1

Left hand - Shortsword +3, Large Leather Shield

Armor:

Head - /

Chest - Knight Armor

Hands - Imported Manchettes

Legs - Imported Trousers

Rings:

1. Ring of Blades

2. Stone Ring

3. Chloranthy Ring

4. Ring of Life Protection

Weight currently at: 48.7

Now I am trying to get Alva's set but since I'm trying to make a light build I'm only using like maybe two pieces from the set, but it depends on the look, I'm someone who cares more how cool my character looks over what stats benefits the pieces give me.

Also aiming to obtain one more Blacksteel Katana and when I do I'm upgrading them, but don't know which infusions to give them I'm thinking of infusing one with poison and the other one with bleed, can someone explain the benefits and downfalls of each infusion on PvE and PvP?

I have been invaded twice, to my surprise I was victorious both times, but still would like to be prepared for any future invasions and I probably might try some PvP so it would be good to be ready.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2014-09-04 at 13:17.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote