AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 66 52.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 26.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-30, 20:26   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Of Nature
But I do know this:

Spoiler:

This anime is rapidly growing on me.
I don't know if pitied would be the word i'd use - more along the lines of 'i feel sorry for her' - most of the time it felt like she didn't wanna do what she ended up doing, you know the whole two people inside one body thing.
Old 2006-04-30, 20:27   Link #62
Freak Of Nature
Translator / iitran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
are you sure rena was actually there in the rain apologizing afterwards? or was it just what keiichi saw.
Ahem...

"I don't know what the truth is about Rena. There's no way of knowing for sure, I think, at this point in the series."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I don't know if pitied would be the word i'd use - more along the lines of 'i feel sorry for her' - most of the time it felt like she didn't wanna do what she ended up doing, you know the whole two people inside one body thing.
Pity, compassion, feeling sorry for -- call it what you will. I was moved to a feeling of empathy with her suffering (if, indeeed, she was really there).
Old 2006-04-30, 20:32   Link #63
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Well, now that I've watched all four of the episodes and promptly had my brain
turned inside out I've come up with some potential ideas. I think Bron had a
lot of ideas that I did as well:

"Novella" follows.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-30, 20:38   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Pity, compassion, feeling sorry for -- call it what you will. I was moved to a feeling of empathy with her suffering (if, indeeed, she was really there).
Yeah, i understood what you mean't - its good that people are just not seeing her as a killer.
Old 2006-04-30, 20:56   Link #65
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
One thing that really struck me...

I don't know what the truth is about Rena. There's no way of knowing for sure, I think, at this point in the series. But I do know this:

Spoiler:

This anime is rapidly growing on me.
I have to agree. I couldn't help but go "awww c'mon Keiichi she sounds so pitiful and in pain, at least be more gentle when you go crazy on her. It was creepy yet touching for me how I still felt so sad for her when she still kept apologizing in the cold rain looking up at the window repeating herself.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-04-30, 21:01   Link #66
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
The whole door-hand thing seems even worse if it turns out to be that the girls weren't psycho after all. Seeing it from their perspective, Kei would be a very, very scary person, and it would have been extremely damaging to them to see their friend "Fall into chaos" like he did.

That's *if* the girls were innocent.

I also felt sorry for little blondie when he waves the bat in her face.
Old 2006-04-30, 21:04   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
I also felt sorry for little blondie when he waves the bat in her face.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-30, 22:17   Link #68
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
So it seems that the underlying theme of this show really is everything you know or think you know is wrong.

Can't wait for the rest.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:52   Link #69
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Higurashi Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-05-01, 08:11   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Pretty much each episodes gonna get a 10 from me - no show has been able to catch me in the style of suspense like Higurashi has.
Old 2006-05-01, 08:15   Link #71
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
The same goes for me too. So far this is the most unique anime I've ever watched, mainly because I've never watched a suspenseful anime before.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-05-01, 08:35   Link #72
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Though that couple of minutes when he's
Spoiler:
were very intense. Almost uncomfortably long. The episode still gets a 10 (as that was obviously the intention), but it's going to make it difficult to rewatch this episode.

This is rapidly becoming my favorite show of the season (something I would have thought to be impossible in a season that included a second season of School Rumble).
Old 2006-05-01, 09:08   Link #73
MarmoO

First anime episode, which I just didn't feel like watching again (I wanted to watch it subbed), because it was too good (in the way it was supposed to be). This episode was too intense and painful, I think it was more intense than 12'th Narutaru (for me it is very much). I'm a bit afraid of what's going to be next. Straight '10'.
Old 2006-05-01, 10:22   Link #74
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
First anime episode, which I just didn't feel like watching again (I wanted to watch it subbed), because it was too good (in the way it was supposed to be). This episode was too intense and painful, I think it was more intense than 12'th Narutaru (for me it is very much). I'm a bit afraid of what's going to be next. Straight '10'.
I agree, I thought no anime series would ever top Narutaru in that respect, but then this comes along and does it at episode 4. Stuff like Elfen Lied was intense and disturbing, but it was more of a physical thing (the gore and dismemberment).

There's 22 episodes left, which leaves the possibility that at least ONE of them will be more intense than this one. I'm looking forward to it, but also very worried at the same time.
Old 2006-05-01, 12:08   Link #75
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Though that couple of minutes when he's
Spoiler:
were very intense. Almost uncomfortably long. The episode still gets a 10 (as that was obviously the intention), but it's going to make it difficult to rewatch this episode.

This is rapidly becoming my favorite show of the season (something I would have thought to be impossible in a season that included a second season of School Rumble).
Spoiler:

But then again, maybe not, if we are to heed the advice of KJ and Sushi-Y about-> "#3 Make determinations based on what you believe to be solid facts. This has been mentioned over and over again before, but don't believe everything you see or hear."

I agree that scene was uncomfortable to watch. But I decided to watch it a couple of times to look for important clues and details. It was depressing watching what happened to you favorite characters.

Currently, I am resigned to the fact that what happened was real and not a delusion.
Old 2006-05-01, 13:13   Link #76
awyongcarl

This is the creepiest anime I've ever watched...
It creep me out at the starting of Eps 1..then the heartwarming scene was followed..
But I knew it's a foretold or whatever, so it happened..
And now, I am really creep out...
Well, I watched it just now, it was 1.30am in my place..
And i just finished playing the PC FPS game..Condemned..
lol..
Anyway, this is a great anime!
Old 2006-05-01, 14:22   Link #77
Clarste
Human

Nevermind. My point had too many holes to think about.

Last edited by Clarste; 2006-05-01 at 14:59.
Old 2006-05-01, 20:36   Link #78
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
im really liking this anime for some reason...and i really like the OP....im really enjoying this series...it keeps me thinking wut's going to happen next...since all my knowledge of this series is from the anime alone...i like how everything is portrayed in the anime...plot-wise and character-wise....struggle for survival...^^
Old 2006-05-01, 21:47   Link #79
Azn_GooWakJai
Glory Raiden

Send a message via AIM to Azn_GooWakJai
The anime has become so intense I might have a heart attack sooner or later O.O
Old 2006-05-01, 22:41   Link #80
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Hi all, new guy here. I found this thread while googling for Higurashi looking for... well exactly this sort of discussion. After reading through this thread I thought I'd add my thoughts.

Spoiler for episodes 1 to 4:

Anyway, just my stream of consciousness conjecture. I'll post more when it's not 3 AM and I'm feeling more coherent.
Closed Thread