AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2011-06-18, 08:55   Link #121
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

@ Revive: O: I see, I see. I'm planning on taking up on japanese classes this summer. About how long did it take you to get the basics down? O:

@ Rambo: Omg, that is such a cute watercolor fanart. *o* -saves- And lol at the second picture. xDD Figures that Minko would start going yandere sooner or later. xD

And is it just me or does Ohana look a bit older in that scan that Pellissier posted?! O:

Last edited by .x.crii.x.; 2011-06-18 at 09:06.
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 09:12   Link #122
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
And is it just me or does Ohana look a bit older in that scan that Revive and Pellissier posted?! O:
More depth and detail is put into her limbs and torso. The shading gives it more apparent depth and substance to it. That makes it appear more substantial relative to her head, making her seem less young. Her limbs are also longer and more defined.

A big reason why the girls on K-on look so underage is they have huge heads atop poorly defined torsos, with short stubby limbs with tiny crab like fingers.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:04   Link #123
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That's the magic of moe.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:08   Link #124
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespenst View Post
A CD player? As opposed to what?
an amp. k701 needs a lot of juice to sound good.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:17   Link #125
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
That's the magic of moe.
...what is? Girls with puny stubby crab arms?
Old 2011-06-18, 10:19   Link #126
hanashi

Yay, for a super slow day at work! College students never do work on Saturdays.
-----------------------

O: *grunt* (I think these are meant to be cute noises indicating effort. So that you don’t sound ugly, kind of like the otohime machine in some bathrooms. I don’t get Japanese culture sometimes. )
T: Good wo~ork. (Kind of sarcastic inflection) *ruffles*

Spoiler for Page 1:

T: *soft*
O: What are you doing?! Jeez...
O: Tooru-san, just a minute
T: Wh, What is it?
O: Please lean over.
T: Huh?
O: I found white hairs!
T: Wha-?

Spoiler for Page 2:

O: Just kidding! It was a lie!
T: Why, you-!
O: You started it
T: I won’t forgive you!
O: Ow, ow!
M: Hobiron! *
N: Minchi…

Spoiler for Page 3:
Old 2011-06-18, 10:22   Link #127
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

XD Oh Ohana you troll!
Old 2011-06-18, 10:37   Link #128
hanashi

Quote:
@ Revive: O: I see, I see. I'm planning on taking up on japanese classes this summer. About how long did it take you to get the basics down? O:
Not revive, but I'll chime in. Japanese depends on the person. I thought it was easy but some people in my classes really struggled with it. I also took French and Spanish, and personally, I think the basics of Japanese are easier than Romance languages. It's kanji that takes forever.

Japanese only has a few irregular verbs (Huzzah!!) so once you get the sentence structure and the verb conjugations down, it's really easy to deconstruct sentences and translate, even if you've never seen words/conjugations before. The tenses that drove me crazy were the causative and causative passive forms. That was the first time that I had to put effort into keeping up with the class (But, I was also taking 3 seminars so I did that to myself Do not be dumb like me!). We did those in our fourth semester so I'd say it took two years for me to get the basics. After that, it's kanji, building vocab, learning how to construct more complex sentences, and practice.

Edit to add: And understanding boys! To this day, I still can't understand Japanese guys between the ages of 10 and 25 when they talk normally. They speak too fast, they tend to leave out words, use slang, and they have this drawl that makes it hard to understand them.
Old 2011-06-18, 10:48   Link #129
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I think I must be psychic or something. xDD I imagined it would have something to do with Ohana teasing Tooru about gray hair. xDD;;

And how damn...two years?! Wow, that´s uh...that´s a pretty long time. XD;; But I'll try my best! o.ob May it all be for the sake of understanding anime and manga! O:<

@ Rambo: C-can I get that explanation in english please? xD lol jk. I understand. And lol, the magic of moe of humongous heads and crabby hands. xD
.x.crii.x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 11:40   Link #130
hanashi

Quote:
And how damn...two years?! Wow, that´s uh...that´s a pretty long time. XD;; But I'll try my best! o.ob May it all be for the sake of understanding anime and manga! O:<
Lol. For the basics, you could do it in two semesters, especially if you have accelerated classes. My college was too small to have accelerated language classes. Two years was how long our curriculum spent to get through most of the verb forms. If your goal is reading/listening, then I'd say 2+ years, because having that much exposure to a native speaker is really helpful. But I know people who've studied abroad after 1 or two semesters.
Old 2011-06-20, 11:06   Link #131
revive4563

Quote:
Foundations which I said means some knowledge of grammar and word. It might be somewhat troublesome job but when you will be able to understand 50% of Japanese sentence,
you will surpass the first wall. The rest is only half. Well, I said "used to" but possibly it's like endless journey to learn other language. I think anime is great text book to learn Jap language,
*if you have some fundamental knowledge*. I'm watching always Samurai champloo English dub to learn pronunciations because I'm not native English speaker. But it's not pain for me.

Regarding Kanji, even educated adult Japanese encounters a sometimes unknown Kanji, so I think you don't have to hurry to learn everything as hanashi said. And yes. the language is not a logic always.
Anyway, as long as there is an internet, to learn other language properly is not that difficult already, even if you aren't living in Japan.
The necessary time doesn't a matter. You might possibly do it at half a year. Personally, I think you can make it because you are persistent in things.

eh, I'm not a teacher or something.

Last edited by revive4563; 2011-06-21 at 00:22.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 11:22   Link #132
liro
Super Driver

Chibi Ohana: Hobiron?

Code:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19579857
Yuyuko Obaasan

Code:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19732588
Tohru x Ohana

Code:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19570341
Old 2011-06-21, 01:26   Link #133
liro
Super Driver

Spoiler for Anime vs real location comparison:

Spoiler for Anime vs real location comparison:

Last edited by liro; 2011-06-21 at 04:17.
liro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 11:36   Link #134
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...what is? Girls with puny stubby crab arms?
They all looks so pudgy wudgy~ though.

So adorable. x3

And nice pics.
Old 2011-06-21, 17:41   Link #135
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

it's funny how the real places look kind of dirty while the animation makes it look shiny and new. The magic of anime. xD
Old 2011-06-22, 23:11   Link #136
Lessing-love

As much as I like a good deal of the shows' art, the pics of the real places are still really cool, and would love to see an anime that retains that gritty, worn down look.
Old 2011-06-27, 00:42   Link #137
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wooow... the setting is actually taken in a real place... maybe hanasaku iroha is used to advertise the place.... I want to visit that place.... lol
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 11:50   Link #138
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wooow... the setting is actually taken in a real place... maybe hanasaku iroha is used to advertise the place.... I want to visit that place.... lol
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=300641&show=0
Old 2011-06-30, 03:06   Link #139
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

New Megami

Old 2011-06-30, 07:11   Link #140
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

hhhnngggggg~