AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-17, 12:56   Link #17161
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
.....now I want Nanoha/Fate/Yuuno bunny time T_T

Please don't tempt me, Satashi. I'm so tempted to write one too...

Page claim for temptations!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 13:46   Link #17162
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Do it anyway! No one here would protest!
Old 2009-10-17, 13:59   Link #17163
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Do it anyway! No one here would protest!
Oh, ho-su~?

That depends on the manner of the writing...

...But I trust you will compose the document to the utmost of your skills at waffling and waxing, no?

...Kukuku~

*Xena disappears into the darkness, a slightly sadistic sea shanty seeping sing-song from parted lips.*

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2009-10-17 at 14:01. Reason: Copy-paste failure. What on earth?!
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:02   Link #17164
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I haven't read your stuff to comment specifically, but generally making a character OOC is just simply moving him/her from what people associate him with.
I suppose that's the root of it. The particular people who leave that criticism seem to be people that can't see Yuuno in a positive light. So by making the girls fall in love with him, he's elevated to Gary Stue-hood. I believe one time some one said Yuuno being in love with Nanoha is out of character, because canonically he supports Nanoha and Fate's relationship.

I usually don't think much of comments like that. 'OOC', 'Gary Stue', and 'self-insert' are words that have been thrown at me, but very few actually elaborate on it and suggest ways for me to improve. But if such comments are true, I'm sure you guys will set me straight

Personally, I don't think I make Yuuno out of character, or any of that. He certainly isn't a self insert. If I were to self insert, I'd go the whole nine yards and make an OC with my name and exact characteristics. He would surely be a badass of Chirico Cuvie proportions.

I've recieved plenty of reviews saying that my stuff is in character and believable, too. So I must be doing something right.
Old 2009-10-17, 14:15   Link #17165
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I suppose that's the root of it. The particular people who leave that criticism seem to be people that can't see Yuuno in a positive light. So by making the girls fall in love with him, he's elevated to Gary Stue-hood. I believe one time some one said Yuuno being in love with Nanoha is out of character, because canonically he supports Nanoha and Fate's relationship.
Chill out on that one.

The jury's still out with canon, and Seven Arcs is twiddling their thumbs, watching this happen, and Laughing Their Butts Off At Anyone Who Thinks It's Decided Till They Say So. So there we have it - they're exposed for the dirty fandom milkers they are!

J/K.

And, come on, as long as you have a valid reason, or great skills, you can be Casanova.

Gary-Stuehood, though, would be something like this:

1. He has about 9 girls wanting to get between the sheets with him at a time (KIRK!!!!)
2. He's freaking spineless and is a Generic Harem Hero, but they want him in their beds anyway.
3. He doesn't get anyone giving him a REAL challenge for control over any given girl's life.
4. He actually keeps them all perfectly happy: not one of them desires even in her darkest, most sinister, evil delusions to take a knife and decapitate him, or of taking his head with her onto a Nice Boat.
5. Good Lawful Harem End.

Now THAT's a relationship Stue. Sounds like you?

...So in conclusion, there's a long distance between Controversial and Constitutionally Unacceptable. So long as that line is not crossed, we're quite fine with...maybe I'll just speak for myself and say that most anything's fine with me.

Quote:
I usually don't think much of comments like that. 'OOC', 'Gary Stue', and 'self-insert' are words that have been thrown at me, but very few actually elaborate on it and suggest ways for me to improve. But if such comments are true, I'm sure you guys will set me straight

Personally, I don't think I make Yuuno out of character, or any of that. He certainly isn't a self insert. If I were to self insert, I'd go the whole nine yards and make an OC with my name and exact characteristics. He would surely be a badass of Chirico Cuvie proportions.

I've recieved plenty of reviews saying that my stuff is in character and believable, too. So I must be doing something right.
Well, just keep writing, and we'll see.

Just remember to keep an open mind, but not a blank one
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:23   Link #17166
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
@Nanya and RadiantBeam: Great update, I laughed when Shamal moved out while Hayate was busy with work That way they dodged a huge chunk of teasing!

Thanks to Itanshi1 for betaing, and to RadiantBeam for catching the double pun in the title

ANGEL
Is second-best really good enough?
Spoiler for Angel, Chapter 6: In the Closet:

...Precia creeps me out *shiver*.

Previous Parts:

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Next chapter: Pan Flash

Last edited by deathcurse; 2009-10-17 at 14:31. Reason: Grammar @_@
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:30   Link #17167
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Here is part two of six (2/6) from chapter 1.

If you missed the Preface and part one, here they are:

Animal Instincts: Preface

Animal Instincts: (1/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Spoiler for Part two of six (2/6) for Animal Instincts: Chapter 1:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
And to think that I almost missed this...
This fic is looking really great Alavon, I love Fate centric fics and yours seems particularly good.
Mat I ask if you're going to share this in fanfiction.net?
Do it please ^^

Quote:
I believe one time some one said Yuuno being in love with Nanoha is out of character, because canonically he supports Nanoha and Fate's relationship.
You can call it OOC or an AU I guess, in canon the situation doesn't seem to have changed since the Sound Stage NF/The Movie because there are not mentions to the character chronologically after that. If you haven't listen to it yet you can download the CDs in our site, this is the link. If you have any questions we have a thread with about 50 posts in it, so you can check it or make a post without the need of creating an account.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:39   Link #17168
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Now THAT's a relationship Stue. Sounds like you?
Nope. For one, I've never had more than one girl in love with him at once. Besides that 2nd Vivio fic I proposed. That's the first.
Old 2009-10-17, 14:44   Link #17169
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
@Nanya and RadiantBeam: Great update, I laughed when Shamal moved out while Hayate was busy with work That way they dodged a huge chunk of teasing!

Thanks to Itanshi1 for betaing, and to RadiantBeam for catching the double pun in the title

ANGEL
Is second-best really good enough?
Spoiler for Angel, Chapter 6: In the Closet:

...Precia creeps me out *shiver*.

Previous Parts:

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Next chapter: Pan Flash
Creepy Precia is creepy. @_@

On that note, I'm enjoying the subtle hints of NanoFate you're starting to drop, and the revelation of Alicia and what the Black Angel must do couldn't have come at a worse time for the Angels.
Old 2009-10-17, 14:48   Link #17170
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yeah, I'm having fun reading this. There certainly is a vision behind this and I don't think the NF is overdone :P. I wonder how much trouble they will have with each other :P

Course by trouble I mean conflict.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:49   Link #17171
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
... I really hate when this happens.

There I am, minding my own business, and Satashi posts a video and I can't stop listening. Well after watching pretty Korean men use synchronized dance moves and snazzy tunes I couldn't hold it back.

Spoiler for Lyrical Boys Stage:

Spoiler for A/N:

Btw does anyone have any interest in this being continued?

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2009-10-17 at 15:17.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:58   Link #17172
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Creepy Precia is creepy. @_@

On that note, I'm enjoying the subtle hints of NanoFate you're starting to drop, and the revelation of Alicia and what the Black Angel must do couldn't have come at a worse time for the Angels.
Subtle like a sledgehammer? Yeah, it's a challenge...especially with Alicia/everyone in the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Yeah, I'm having fun reading this. There certainly is a vision behind this and I don't think the NF is overdone :P. I wonder how much trouble they will have with each other :P

Course by trouble I mean conflict.
Thanks, I'm fighting really hard to keep the NF from getting overwhelming too quickly And trouble? *whistles innocently*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post

There I am, minding my own business, and Satashi posts a video and I can't stop listening. Well after watching pretty Korean men use synchronized dance moves and snazzy tunes I couldn't hold it back.

Spoiler for A/N:
.....*Speechless*
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:00   Link #17173
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
oh ho ho, my crack has gotten so potent is rends readers speechless!
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:02   Link #17174
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Spoiler for A/N:

DAMMIT Shiny! *falls off chair laughing*
Old 2009-10-17, 15:19   Link #17175
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for A/N:

Oh yes, do continue. It has the potential of many laughs to come.

Hm... how about Jail, the 'crazy one' and Kyouya, the 'sporty one'?
Old 2009-10-17, 15:30   Link #17176
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

Spoiler for A/N:

Probably the lack of food in my stomach talking here, but... Eh, humorous, Shiny, but not to your usual standard of funny. Sorry.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 17:54   Link #17177
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
And to think that I almost missed this...
This fic is looking really great Alavon, I love Fate centric fics and yours seems particularly good.
Mat I ask if you're going to share this in fanfiction.net?
Do it please ^^
I originally wrote this for my own *sick* amusement. Truthfully, I don't remember all that well why I didn't post it but it was for me. I'm quite selfish. ^_^ After scraping off "Please, Arrest Me!" because I had to re-write everything, I found my completed 'Animal Instincts' story and decided to edit it before posting it here. But I don't know if want to post it on fanfction.com. You and Liitha were the only ones who said anything about my fic so I don't know if it's going well...

But who knows?

And one last thing. It's NanoFate...

@Satashi: KEEP 'EM COMING! AlternativeS is getting a lot more interesting. I can definitely see some drama that is beginning to play out...
@Shiny: That was different but still funny.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:04   Link #17178
Kokuyoku

Quote:

Spoiler for A/N:

Keep going at it.

Zest for the Rugged one and Jail for the crazy, daredevil types - Oddly enough Jail fits much better.

Want Erio as a fanboy somewhere (either that or having to deal with a Girlfriend!Caro situation where she Idolizes the band)
Kokuyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:05   Link #17179
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
@Shiny:
Spoiler for Lyrical Boy Stage's first music video:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 18:14   Link #17180
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

So being new to Animesuki, I'm not quite sure what the tolerance for maturer content is. So I'm not sure if I'd be able to post that 2nd Vivio fic (the one where she loves Yuuno but he's married to Nanoha) due to a certain scene.

The scene itself might be considered pretty squick in nature, but that depends on personal tolerance I suppose. Thought I'd run it by you guys to see if you think it should be omitted or not.

Spoiler for Potential squick:

It won't be very graphic. While the fic could function without it, I think this scene adds a lot to the guilt and self-loathing Vivio has to deal with in the story.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha