Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 16:10   Link #2081
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
With the people I am usually playing League, I am sadly bound to jungle eight out of ten times. I don't dislike jungling, but I'd prefer to play another role more often.
Welcome to me in season 1. It got to the point that I played jungle so often that I rose up in ranks with it, that my original roles (top bruiser/mid AP carry) have rusted so much that I usually lose them in lane.

Can't say I miss laning much though, as I absolutely abhor last hitting during laning phase.

Quote:
Anyway, what I want to ask you guys is which champion you prefer in the jungle.
I personally run jungle tanks the most, because this allows both the solo lanes to be focused on dps. Which IMO is optimal, since jungle can only keep up with a well farmed solo lane via double gp10, and even then its a stretch.

So my #1 main is Rammus, but I play Udyr, Amumu, Skarner, Warwick, Shen, Shyvana, Mundo, Nautilus, Alistar, and Trundle, roughly in that order of familiarity.

Unfortunately, that means I'm less experienced with 'carry' type junglers, with the notable exception of Nocturne and Lee Sin. Not that I don't play stuff like jungle Yi, Fiora, Jax, but can't say much about the builds of them.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 23:06   Link #2082
Cream

I main jungle , mainly because i can't stand having someone who is inexperienced or just a douche-bag(excuse my language , but this this this! Solo que(not duo) is so hard , so many 'mean' people).
Honestly , i don't even like grabbing Shaco because he isn't very tanky but i do take him when he isn't banned(rare lol). My #1 would be rammus/udyr depending on my teamcomp . If we have lulu as a support usually i tell him to build ap and i'll just jungle support(grab shureliyas/aegis) of course its always risky depending on how the games going so far but it's kinda fun having shureliyas + q .

Udyr is just a super strong champion , skarner is really good to counter jungle along with shyvana. I don't like playing shyvana though , because then i have to depend on the cc that my top/mid/bot lane have and if i go in too early then its immediately jungler's fault :/ and frankly , shyvana does amazingly well as a solo-top.

As for leesin , i try to grab him a lot because his ganks are really good and his dps late game along with tanky-ness because of his w is really good. His ult can really change teamfights , so easy to zone their ad carry.

Amumu is countered too easily so i try not to pick him. No experience w/ nauti yet , can't wait until i get him.

EDIT: oh yeah , warwick just stomps almost in every situation . You can almost always guarantee a kill whenever your ult is up , so that is nice.(if your team is paying attention etc)

curious if anyone saw the EG vs TSM game? Thoughts on EG doing really well recently with their new lineup?
Old 2012-05-10, 15:23   Link #2083
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

What is better... first blood or a double kill. I can't really decide.

Example is I go in for a gank top lane, not knowing the other teams jungler was in the top bush, I get the first blood and the top laner gets a assist. But then the enemy teams jungler comes in for a clean up and gets a double. Which is better?
Old 2012-05-10, 15:57   Link #2084
ZeroForever

easily the double as the jungler gets double kill exp and undisbuted lane experience putting him ahead easily of everyone else for a bit, he also gets any aura's that you had (prob blue) and depending on circumstance some heroes can push the lane and maybe even get the tower.
Old 2012-05-10, 17:27   Link #2085
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
What is better... first blood or a double kill. I can't really decide.

Example is I go in for a gank top lane, not knowing the other teams jungler was in the top bush, I get the first blood and the top laner gets a assist. But then the enemy teams jungler comes in for a clean up and gets a double. Which is better?
Assuming the double kill gets no assists and first blood does get an assist:
2x 300g = 600g vs 400g + 232g (.58*400) = 632g, then first blood is slightly better, but if the enemy top got an assist on either or both kills then the double kill comes out a head...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:42   Link #2086
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Also you don't have to look at gold alone.
A double kill removes 2 players from their lanes during the extremely important early game vs only 1 with first blood.
Add to that some free farming+exp time for the one player left in the lane (which in this case was their jungler, so it's not so bad for you).
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 19:50   Link #2087
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As a jungler, I'm more interested in XP than gold. Even being 1 level ahead of the enemy jungler is a huge bonus, as you'd clear faster, will trade better, and have your smite be stronger.

As such, I'd trade a first blood with a double kill, regardless of who gets assists.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:47   Link #2088
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Double kill man gets to raid your jungle. Nuff said.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 05:18   Link #2089
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Cheers, just wanted to make sure.
Was playing singed jungler in normal, was insane. The ganks are so funny just diving towers and throwing them out. Still live aswell

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-05-11 at 05:43.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 06:48   Link #2090
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Singed is hilarious. For the first champion ever to be made, he is definitely one of the best, to this very day I have a hard time solo laning with him, but mid-game he is godlike - it's that point of the game where people haven't built MR yet, your HP isn't over 3k but you're tanky enough to just ghost+ult into the enemy team, pick one off for your team to slaughter, run in the jungle with glue behind and come back later to kill the leftovers. Still rocks 3v3 too! Haven't tried jungling with him, this should be interesting.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:04   Link #2091
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

It is very funny, I really enjoy playing him. I also love playing top lane with him, just pretty hard against kennen/udyr.
Apparently M5 vs TSM is soon, can anyone clarify this? On twitch.tv this is.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:17   Link #2092
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What time is the match?
Old 2012-05-11, 07:59   Link #2093
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Well thats the thing, I dont know. Well all I know is that its next thursday or friday. I don't know much about TSM I don't really like them, prefer other teams. But I would love to see this match.
Il keep an eye on the stream for further information.
Old 2012-05-11, 08:15   Link #2094
killer3000ad

TSM is one of the original NA teams from way back when. Their line up has changed little since 2010. The only recent change was the departure of Rainman who was replaced by Dyrus, formerly of EG. AFAIK TSM was the first US LoL team to start a gaming house and then they began making video logs of what they were up and their thoughts on new champs, meta, patch notes etc. CLG NA eventually started copying this as well with their own vlogs. TSM also popularized such phrases as,"BAYLIFE BRO/DUDE!" Even now I don't understand what that means.

The characters who make up TSM are also interesting to watch.

OddOne=jungler, Canadian half-Scottish, half-Chinese. Has a peeling skin problem, often slurs his words

Reginald=mid-AP,known for getting aggressively drunk and later after IPL4 famously popped ghost when Christina Vee(Riven VA) attempted to dance with him on stage to the tune of Bubblepop

Dyrus=top lane, possesses a monotone voice and loves hugging a pillow, famously brought said pillow to IPL4

Xspecial and Chaox = support and ranged AD respectively. Kinda not see them stream much, so this one knows little about them.

The RainMan, previously TSM's top laner but after TSM's fiasco at IEM Hannover where they failed to even get out of the group stages, a disagreement erupted between TRM and the rest of TSM about taking their training seriously. Supposedly, TSM wanted to have regular scrimming throughout the week but TRM said they should all solo queue more to practice champs. Ultimately TRM left TSM over this and Dyrus took over top lane. Following TSM's success at IPL4 in Las Vegas, TRM left the gaming house and went to Florida.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:04   Link #2095
Kafriel
Senior Guest

While TSM and CLG are probably the strongest teams, I really liked M5 in the last tournament, they deserved first place. Looking forward to more strategies from them, perhaps with less jungle cheese and more mid-game map control.
Old 2012-05-11, 13:30   Link #2096
killer3000ad

TSM vs M5 now http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv

EDIT: Well that was disappointing since GosuPepper dced.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-05-11 at 13:51.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 14:13   Link #2097
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Seeing as M5 hasn't lost a tournament x3, I think they are the better team, but CLG are doing well this year.
What is the score so far?
Old 2012-05-11, 14:21   Link #2098
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lagging quite a bit and I got no sound...
Old 2012-05-11, 14:30   Link #2099
killer3000ad

TSM won first game mainly due to M5's support dcing. Second game M5 brought in a ringer to replace Gosu who always has internet problems. So far it's much more even and competitive and exciting of course but M5 appear to be having the edge in kills now.

EDIT:M5 roflstomped TSM. It's 1-1 now. Third game incoming.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-05-11 at 14:41.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 14:57   Link #2100
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Watching it now, pretty awesome apart from the support dc. That kind of puzzle's me, M5 are really impressive.
Fiddle support dats right...

Darien TOO STRONG 526.....creep score.
One of the best games I have ever seen. Wow M5 are insane.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2012-05-11 at 15:56.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol