AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-07-12, 18:55   Link #81
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Big Brother...

*cough*
Old 2007-09-28, 05:37   Link #82
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

if you could...

if you could produce an anime from any manga, light novel, or video game in Japan, what would it be?

only restriction is that it must be a new anime, meaning not made animated before, with the exception of video games.
deathreape98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 06:26   Link #83
hideFan

Hm... Well first I would have to say that Lunar really deserves an anime. (Silver Star Story). It was beautifully done and has hoards of fans... How did this not get animated?

After a few more chapters come out, Umineko no Naku Koro ni would be prime usage for anime. I hope to god they make an anime of this.

Lastly - Oyayubihime Infinity. Beautiful show with a great story and good characters. IMO, I think it would look best in the animation style that Red Garden was done in.
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 12:06   Link #84
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Dude...Kingdom Hearts...It totaly needs to be an anime
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 18:42   Link #85
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time, you got monsters slaying, swordsman, immense magical like powers, at least 1 harem (where he actually gets with all of them ...and they ok with it..) a rich world and deep plot. Perfect anime..it could probably run fairly long too.

Maybe this is what it would look like (main character, rand al'thor)?

Spoiler for size:

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 18:46   Link #86
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
if you could produce an anime from any manga, light novel, or video game in Japan, what would it be?

only restriction is that it must be a new anime, meaning not made animated before, with the exception of video games.
Does it have to be "light novel"?

If not, Yousei Sakusen series, most definitly.
I never cared for the author's other work, Ariel, but that's the one that got animated... and not the incredibly popular classic yousei sakusen series. Which I never understood why.

As for light novel, "Higaeri Quest".
Again, I liked this series much more than this author's other mega-popular series Slayers, but while Slayers enjoyed massive popularity, Higaeri Quest was never animated.
Old 2007-09-28, 20:51   Link #87
Oppius
Banned

I bet Star Wars anime will be cool...I also want Lord of the Rings anime too.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 23:01   Link #88
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

First thing came into mind was Harry Potter. No I'm not kidding. Considering the liberties most western adaptations goes through to become an anime, I think it can actually benifit from it. Book six onwards was just a trainwreck full of plot holes that I think any change is a welcome change IMO. Heavy bias speaking from now on, but I think them taking liberties at the final pairings would be heavily welcome as well. ^_^

On a more serious note, Ever 17 really deserves an anime. Or some of the english eroge I have played, like Kana, Crescendo, and Figure of Happiness.

In video games, I'd like to see adaptations of Xenogears. I think anything less than 2 cours would make it a train wreck, but it getting 4 cours would be best. Other games include Tactics Ogre, in which the political aspect and the moral dillemas faced would make it a great story. And of course, any of the Persona games would make a good anime, considering the depth of the plot, the uniquness of the characters, the darkness of the atmosphere, and most especially its heavy occult themes would make it stand out from most other shows.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 23:30   Link #89
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
I would love to see Fate/Zero to get animated.

I've also thought that it would be interesting to see an anime adaption of the novel "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire. I just think that if someone really creative got behind it and even perhaps changed it a little(not that I don't love the book as is, but I'm sure things would be altered in ways) it could come out to be really enjoyable.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 07:48   Link #90
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsMane View Post
I would love to see Fate/Zero to get animated.

I've also thought that it would be interesting to see an anime adaption of the novel "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire. I just think that if someone really creative got behind it and even perhaps changed it a little(not that I don't love the book as is, but I'm sure things would be altered in ways) it could come out to be really enjoyable.
Yeah, definitely Fate/Zero. I just talked to my friend recently, and he'd be happy to see F/Zero animated. Heck, I wanna see Irisviel! Damn she's one hot momma!
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 07:52   Link #91
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
I bet Star Wars anime will be cool...I also want Lord of the Rings anime too.
Yea, Star Wars would be a good one to go anime...They did have that cartoon one...I found it, entertaining, but anime would be so much better
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 22:53   Link #92
Kazotaku

"Puts up anti flame shield"

Final Fantasy 8

or maybe a sequel like Advent Children
Kazotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 06:26   Link #93
Dop
Mmmm....

One thing I'd love to see is a full length adaptation of the award-winning manga Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. OK, so there have been two OVA before in 1998 and 2002, but they're just a handful of snippets from the story. It ran for ten years and 140 chapters, so there's a lot to adapt. Could probably make two seasons.

Although I'd want them to keep the same seiyuu for Alpha and Kokone!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 07:32   Link #94
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures part 4 (the part with Josuke as main protagonist) and 5 (Giono Giovanna arc) would be nice material for animated adaptations.

I can see Jun'ichi Suwabe (Friagne in Shana, Fuma in X-TV) as Kira Yoshikage, the main antagonist of part 4.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 11:20   Link #95
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
I would like to see an anime version of a George Romero zombie flick (^_^)
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 11:24   Link #96
Frankie Elric

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Versus-Japanese martial arts/zombie movie
Harry Potter
Frankie Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 07:02   Link #97
EXEs
Hallelujah...

The Japanese Drama- Mother at 14, I think, would make a really nice anime (I can picture it in my head-it looks pretty )

You know what would be really cool? If they made invasion of Iraq into an anime. It would be like a mystery/action/drama anime, where the mystery and drama will either whether Iraq has WMDs or not. Action will be the American army going to Iraq. Don't you agree?
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:44   Link #98
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
I wanna see Band of Brothers and Scarface in anime versions.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:11   Link #99
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I'd like to see "Family Compo" done as an anime. The folks who do Angel Heart could do this without even using different art from what they already draw!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:45   Link #100
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
I'd like to see "Family Compo" done as an anime.
Sweet one of my favorite Tsukasa Hojo's manga =D
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote