AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 02:37   Link #2121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Funimation announced that Shiki will get a DVD and Blu-ray release. It's currently scheduled for Spring 2012. Official website
Brilliant news. Sure it's far away, though something that could i can easily wait for.
Old 2011-03-30, 06:32   Link #2122
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ooooh, missed that but I'm glad it is getting a release, I guess this is the first of the new noitaminA series to get a DVD release from them too.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 07:42   Link #2123
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This anime is really hard to sit through. This is an anime that could have used from some creative filler material or some neat abridging.

It got a one-shot 22 episode run but the first half really, really, really trudges along. I got the sense that they really wanted to convey how small and boring the town was but it was overdone.

It's not "bad" in the traditional anime sense. It's just start off somewhat boring... to be honest... really BORING.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took all the produced footage and re-edited it into a shorter, much more streamlined interpretation of the story.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:24   Link #2124
Horse

lol, about that mini soundtrack 3 (comes with DVD8) and the stand alone soundtrack (June 1):

Spoiler for miniOST3:

Spoiler for OST:

Pretty good deal for those who didn't get the limited DVDs and sux for those who did get those. The only tracks which are exclusive to the mini soundtracks are miniOST2's Memento Mori and Amethyst (which Sony fucked up and a lot of people had to mail their CD in to get a replacement).
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:28   Link #2125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Is the 8th DVD volume out yet?
Old 2011-04-15, 15:32   Link #2126
Horse

Don't think it is.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 20:01   Link #2127
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep20.5:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 03:33   Link #2128
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Well... villagers sure went brutal there, especially when they started to kill innocent people just out of suspicion. Was happy to see Megumi finally die... I didn't agree with her death in first episode despite disliking her from the start but she really happened to be a cruel and ungreatful person... so what if villagers don't agree with your morals? It is not the reason to kill! Just do something youself and leave the village, GEEZ!

I actually sympathize with Shiki at some point... yes they are the killers but as Sunako pointed out, they do need to eat as everyone else. It is not their fault that their food happened to be humans. We also kill animals to eat them so at some point we humans are not that much better...
The only thing I dissagree with is that they really could feed on blood donors, not real people but their blood which is stored in packages in fridges. I really didn't understand why they couldn't do it. Like that no one would be at fault.
If the Shiki are predators, the prey has a right to fight back. If Cape Buffalo catch a lion near their herd, they mob and trample it until it isn't recognizable. The Japanese have a saying "Even an inch long worm has a half-inch long soul", meaning anyone can be pushed to the limit and snap. Those villagers had seen their loved ones die for no reason than Sunako wanted more shiki to ease her loneliness. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. Sunako thought she could act like a human and treat the humans like domestic livestock. She was wrong.
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 02:57   Link #2129
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Shiki 20.5:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:41   Link #2130
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

damn
this episode is so disturbing
look who's the devil here?!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 15:16   Link #2131
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 20.5:

Many tears were shed yet again. I still say Shiki was the best show of 2010, and this episode reinforces that opinion. Fantastic. Can't wait for the last special episode.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:31   Link #2132
Dop
Mmmm....

That was just brutal, really really unpleasant - in a good way...

Spoiler for ep. 20.5:

Fantastic episode, really reminded me why I loved the series, must re-watch the whole thing at some point.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 16:31   Link #2133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's a shame this episode came out so late (6 months!), it lessened its emotional impact for me. I find it very hard to sympathize with Nao anyway. She brought this on herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
That was just brutal, really really unpleasant - in a good way...

Spoiler for ep. 20.5:
I'm not sure what you're tyring to say here. All kinds of religious symbols work. Natsuno used crosses too.
Old 2011-06-14, 17:33   Link #2134
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Many tears were shed yet again. I still say Shiki was the best show of 2010, and this episode reinforces that opinion. Fantastic. Can't wait for the last special episode.
This sums up what I am currently feeling. 20.5 was as much of a huge emotional hit as the series was when it aired, and I could feel the tears coming as soon as Eau de Vie started playing (I'm sure it must have stirred up memories of the finale). I'm so glad there's one more episode to go, though finally parting ways with the best series of 2010 might prove to be as sad as the episode itself...
Old 2011-06-14, 19:37   Link #2135
Forsaken_Infinity

That was certainly a strong episode. And we finally have a male version of a genuinely "just" guy. Hasegawa san was flawlessly kickass there without even trying to be one.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:24   Link #2136
maplehurry

Quote:
The only thing I dissagree with is that they really could feed on blood donors, not real people but their blood which is stored in packages in fridges. I really didn't understand why they couldn't do it. Like that no one would be at fault.
As far as the anime is concerned, they did a pretty poor job of explaining this.

Quote:
the Shiki are predators, the prey has a right to fight back.
That much is obvious. The point is simply that no side is morally superior here. But I will admit that Sunako kinda suck for a leader.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 21:53   Link #2137
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep. 20.5:
Old 2011-06-15, 01:17   Link #2138
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Damn, 20.5 made me remember how GOOD Shiki is. Solid episode and can't wait for the last one.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 06:10   Link #2139
Razziell22

Spoiler for ep. 20.5:
Old 2011-06-15, 09:58   Link #2140
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I love that in Shiki, sometimes its hard to tell who the monsters are. Fantastic epi.

Spoiler for 20.5:

Nakai Kazuya as Sadafumi was a great seiyuu choice.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire