AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 02:00   Link #19021
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

I mean BEFORE the marry-em-all solution is used.

@ Demi

That's gonna be a problem.... how about we justify it being bug/mutation of the frame?
Old 2012-01-22, 02:04   Link #19022
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Pseudo-shift being the result of a mutation was the original reason, but I'm not sure if people will buy it. The original idea is that Tabane learned exactly of what was going on with gospel, she takes an interest in it again. She thinks she can just shut it down again but it kicks her out. She's wondering what was going on. Then shortly after she sees pseudo shift activating and she realizes that she has no idea what is going on with that particular unit anymore.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 02:05   Link #19023
Eratas123

Actually, some of the kids are more concerned about having fun and exploring rather than pairing their parents together Some even assume (rightly) that he's gonna marry them all and get the harem ending.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:07   Link #19024
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: The Tatenashi confession shall be either explained or completely re-written to instead portray her as taking advantage of a drunk Kyuukai.

In regards to the IS grade weapons, they're not really IS grade. They do use IS cores though.

His weapons in comparison to an IS's weapons

Reaper's Sonata: Limited charge, normally charged mid-combat through use of a battery pack or taking energy from fallen IS

Regular IS beam weapon: A much more varied charge, mostly unlimited, power is substantial, one shot will probably rip right through Kyuukai, while his weapon siphons a shields energy into air, which is why it can take down an IS's shielding in a few VERY well placed shots. That's only the shielding. The bullets themselves are useless against the armor of the IS itself, but when bullet meets pilot's flesh...

Arashi: Limited distance, and the chainsaw function.

IS beam sabre: Longer than Arashi, lacks the chainsaw function, but if expected and countered, an IS could easily bat the spinning blade away with a sweep of the sword.

Wings: Simply allow him to fly with the help of PIC. Speed is high, but no shielding. Primarily a travel tool. Combative use is currently only at the prototype scale. Single shot will rip them to bits, and send him plummeting to the ground.

IS's wings: Allow a pilot to fly, and have intense shielding. Single shot will only slightly disturb flight path.

Also, his shield's based on a charge system. Limited amount of charges, and the shield only lasts 10 seconds, not a continuous shield.

So his fighting style is to take down an IS as quickly as possible with the use of what he has. His equipment is built differently at that.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 02:12   Link #19025
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Also working on new characters (more teachers so that ISA doesn't seems to appear to have only two teacher).

"Thanks to a certain Rep candidate's mediocre aiming skill and performance, the ISA decided to push forward Range combat training.... I say: About time. Apparently those thick-skulled shit-head from the top finally came to their senses! No matter how many times you swing that hip of yours, it is not going to make you a better marksman..."

"Sun Tzu says: Know your enemies, know thyself! I'd say he's right because he wrote a book that is still a hot-seller even after thousand of years! The only mistake he ever made in his life is not live long enough to collect the royalties! No shit!"

Name: Rain Smith.

> A ranged combat expert....who specialized in mid and close range shooting stuff...(lose out in long range shooting stuff because Maya is better at it.)

> An User of Barrier void weapon (a rifle that fire spinning rounds, drain shield energy for more power and to compensate for the powerful recoil).

> Insane amount of respect for Maya to a point where she actually worship her as a god. Her reason: Maya is a very good sniper who can acquire a target, compensate bullet drop...etc within 4 seconds or less... beware of the nice one....and why Maya is an instructor...)

> Forced to quit IS due to her sister landed in Hospital due to illness (flew back right back to England while the competition is about to begin.)

> Only teaching Ichika's class because Maya is down with fever...

> Bad mouth and insult the students a lot due to being

> Drill Sergeant nasty (which Laura find surprisingly comfortable and familiar because she happened to have a German friend who gave her a handbook on how to train cuddly bunnies (recruits) into killer Bunnies from Hell(Hardcore Private).

> Cecilia get "special" treatment from her (she take special time out to chew on Cecilia)

> Ichika hated her...(for insulting Chifuyu)

> In reality, a nice teacher who give advice to students on how to improve their skill.... trained Ichika on Quick Draw (A hidden technique used by advanced IS pilot), a perfectly timed last minute deployment of barrier void weapon to save energy in events where a battle drag on for too long or served as sudden element that take the opponent by surprise...)

> Tsunderish... (citing her reason for being nice as her duty....)

"I-I am only teaching you this because it is my duty as a teacher, so don't get any misunderstanding that I am growing soft... you good-for-nothing piece of shit..."

====

What do you think?
Old 2012-01-22, 02:13   Link #19026
Eratas123

@ Rain - Once again, this is not explained much at all. You showed them as being able to down an IS shields and capable of flight so it looks like he's piloting one. Also, the engineer bit comes off as a bit lackluster considering he fights better than trained soldiers. Engineers main drawbacks are the fact that they're the least imposing and rely more on tech and sneaking. Kyuukai fights head on and LEADS the squad, which no engineer does. I based Irish on an engineer build, and this shows by the fact that he loses most fights with superpowered individuals like Ichika and barely wins against normals.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:14   Link #19027
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Another drone scene!

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2012-01-22, 02:17   Link #19028
Eratas123

@ Treme - Not commenting on more characters till you finalize the ones you already have. Sorry, but you already promised that you wouldn't make any more characters till you set up all the ones you already have.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:20   Link #19029
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think the biggest issue I have with the gospel story is Tabane... the gospel is becoming something beyond her scope of knowledge. Even though she admits that she doesn't understand everything about an IS, the gospel has achieved a state that makes Tabane perplexed and completely unsure of what it is anymore, to the point of saying it may not even be an IS anymore.

I don't think everyone will take too kindly to that.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:22   Link #19030
Eratas123

@ Demi - Then take those implications out. Byaku Shiki is the same, and it's still an IS.

@ Stratos - More drone action
Old 2012-01-22, 02:24   Link #19031
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post

@ Stratos - More drone action
Definitely! It's been Inami's primary job scope since Bouclier.

And in the scene it's also implied as to how much a threat the Minerva actually is, despite its apparent inferiority. Even the head of Praxidike himself fears it as much as the AI unit within.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:25   Link #19032
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: ...

Flaws in my logic are still abundant. Oh well, I have lots of time, and lots of duct tape. And I did tag soldier onto Kyuukai's name. Engineer should probably scrapped. More like Designer or Researcher. He puts the IS core into (im)practical applications and let's his Mom do the harder, more engineer-like work.

He does know how an IS works though, and he can do maintenance and repair in and out of combat.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:29   Link #19033
Eratas123

@ Rain - The only problem was that he's tagged as engineer. If he was tagged as soldier, there'd be no flaws at all. That's the reason I downgraded Irish's combat abilities from the drafts. Any time he fights an IS, he's getting his ass kicked and not the other way around.

Sorry if I offended you, but holes need to be plugged or a fic will end up getting damaged.

@ Stratos - Nothing new? Drones get a bit old after a while.

@ Senpai - How tall would a ten year old be relative to the cast?
Old 2012-01-22, 02:31   Link #19034
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: Not really. Byakushiki only does some things that Tabane doesn't understand. In the Silver Gospel's case, why was it able to overwrite itself? Even after overwriting, how is it still working with its OS scrambled? How did it achieve pseudo-shift? The loss of user exclusivity and unique ability is just the tip of the iceberg. The thing that makes Tabane don't know what to do is the fact that the whole unit is a black box that's rejecting her.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:32   Link #19035
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Cheer up man, flaws is what makes us human. Story can be fixed later if you''re not losing hope.

Anyway, average ten years old would be 110-130 cm.

As for gospel, how about Tabane marked it as sign of Singularity?
Old 2012-01-22, 02:33   Link #19036
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

That shall be corrected, Eratas.

And now, I`ve got to go. Computer`s acting up by changing the ` and I`ve got to sleep.

Night guys.

Maybe I`ll declare a hiatus or something so I can rewrite portions.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:33   Link #19037
Eratas123

@ Demi - Change it so that Tabane doesn't care. She doesn't know why the IS is female only, but she doesn't care enough to fix it.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:37   Link #19038
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tabane wouldn't care that it's something beyond even her?
Old 2012-01-22, 02:40   Link #19039
Eratas123

@ Demi - No, she really wouldn't. Think of it this way: She doesn't know why the IS reacted to Ichika. She could find out, but she doesn't care enough to and it doesn't really bother her. If she doesn't know, she usually doesn't care.

@ Senpai - So about chest height?
Old 2012-01-22, 02:43   Link #19040
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Akatsubaki is still considered incomplete right?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest