AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-22, 04:42   Link #1221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I think if Touma and Shirou were to meet, while they both can work together given one common enemy, their everyday life will be a constant

Touma: ... Meh, it's fine isn't it?
Shirou: ... You're too laidback, Kamijou.

Whether they'll be good friends or bad friends would come down to one question- "Red bunny girls or Black bunny girls?".
Old 2012-08-22, 09:47   Link #1222
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Whether they'll be good friends or bad friends would come down to one question- "Red bunny girls or Black bunny girls?".
For jokes, I'm afraid that while Touma wouldn't be so picky and answers both in a fit of overhonesty, Shirou would just scratch his head and ask "What do you mean?"

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-22, 10:48   Link #1223
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Yeah Touma is more chilled out and normal (which hes is suppose to be)

Shirou is......hmm how do I put it? Settled down?
More mature? Since there is the age difference
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-08-25, 17:44   Link #1224
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Both die, the universe is a better place.

This actually make me recall Nasu state Shirou and Shiki would hate each other.
Old 2012-09-05, 12:53   Link #1225
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

As you can see Phib, with Shirou and Touma being my top favorites., you can tell I'm a fan of characters that follow what they believe in.

Shiki and Shirou hating eachother huh? That would be nice to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
-Sherry had multiple ideals (one of my favs)
Oh yeah and about this one. I think Sherry is probably the most obvious case about what Kamachi said about his enemies being another side of Touma. With Sherry having multiple beliefs, and Touma always getting a new belief.
But as Touma said at the core of all her belief is just a single belief of her not wanting to lose her friend. While at the core of Touma's beliefs is him wanting to help others.

Old 2012-09-05, 15:32   Link #1226
tsunade666

why are you guys comparing Touma and Shirou?

Those 2 are vastly different in the very core itself.

If you like comparing then compare Shirou and Accelerator. At least those 2 had a common ground.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:23   Link #1227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
why are you guys comparing Touma and Shirou?

Those 2 are vastly different in the very core itself.

It's that difference that I want to know about.
Old 2012-09-05, 16:46   Link #1228
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Ah well Shirou has his belief because he thought what his father did was beautiful
While Touma does what he does it makes him feel happy

But they both feel empty inside so they do those things

Old 2012-09-05, 17:09   Link #1229
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Ah well Shirou has his belief because he thought what his father did was beautiful
While Touma does what he does it makes him feel happy

But they both feel empty inside so they do those things
This is one of the good common ground on those 2 but the difference is just heavy comparing it to Accelerator.

Touma doesn't see helping others as a duty or a fact or must be done and its entirely not because he dreamed of becoming a hero. He is also not weigh down by guilt of being save though he feel guilty for lying on Index but that's differnt matter. He doesn't idolize someone and try to become someone because to him. He is just doing what he wants and what he thinks is right.

No redemption

No guilt

And his distortion can't be even called a distortion but just being open to himself. His doing what he think is right and unlike other people which weight down by society's norm and other people's belief or concern or their opinion. Thus when he really indeed help someone he is just being himself and he is not trying to become something else.

If you compare Accelerator and Shirou then I can see more similarities though Accelerator is a genius while Shirou can be considered an idiot or talent-less but worked hard to become what he is.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:42   Link #1230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He doesn't idolize someone and try to become someone because to him. He is just doing what he wants and what he thinks is right.
Actually, I've imagined that he highly respect his past self- Imagine losing all of your memories and the first thing you hear about is this story about boy who risked his life to save a girl he had just met, and then to hear that that boy was you... I wonder what thoughts were going on in his head at that time...?

He never admits to be the same boy from before, but clearly it inspired him a great deal... If anything, with his memories wiped clean it's the only thing that inspires him.
Old 2012-09-11, 14:33   Link #1231
tsunade666

For me, I think Touma was envious of his past self. Because the one that Index love is the one before memory erase. To Touma. That fact is weighing him down on his relationship that which the situation between index and Touma in a stalemate. Index is happy and while she is happy, so as Touma. Touma doesn't like Index crying that's why he lied to her and he also doesn't want anyone taking her away from him that is against her will.

Thus for me. Touma envies his past self that respect him.
Old 2012-09-13, 05:49   Link #1232
Linglan

Touma vs Accelerator ep 14, the fight just doesn't make sense, Accelerator knows esp can't touch Touma yet he still goes for close range combat...

It is like every fight from beginning, no magic/esp works yet they still keep doing it...
Old 2012-09-13, 06:34   Link #1233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linglan View Post
Touma vs Accelerator ep 14, the fight just doesn't make sense, Accelerator knows esp can't touch Touma yet he still goes for close range combat...
No he doesnt, all he knows is that Touma can break through his reflection, and as we learn later there is a number of loopholes in Accelerator's powers.

Quote:
It is like every fight from beginning, no magic/esp works yet they still keep doing it...
That's because you're looking at it from the view point of an audience, to the characters there was no such thing as a free negation power, up till that point there's always some trick or loophole.

Then you have to consider the mindset of people that uses supernatural powers.
Old 2012-09-13, 06:44   Link #1234
judasmartel
*Author

And if espers and magicians can't find a loophole in Imagine Breaker for long enough, they would STOP trying to find one and hit him with all they got.

GREMLIN was special in the case that their abilities involve getting around IB, which for a long time is considered overpowered.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:45   Link #1235
Linglan

well, just finish S1, don't like this one much. Like I said before, it is always they know his weakness yet still they try to use their magic/esp... remind me of gundam 00 S2, they know they can't win but still keep going one by one...

Railgun is much better imo
Old 2012-09-13, 11:25   Link #1236
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linglan View Post
well, just finish S1, don't like this one much. Like I said before, it is always they know his weakness yet still they try to use their magic/esp... remind me of gundam 00 S2, they know they can't win but still keep going one by one...

Railgun is much better imo
Railgun much better -_- Railgun manga is indeed good but better? --_--

what story are you reading? S1 of what main story? or the SS? but then again there is only 1 Side Story 1.

If your asking about Touma. You do know that it only resides in his right? Cause normally anyone who is strong will think its weak and useless. Yes it can erase magic and super natural abilities but its only in his right hand. Anyone who consider themselves strong will underestimate him and think his weak.

Heck I think Touma is weak. A surprised attack can easily kill him or even in one one front, front to front. use a darn gun and his dead but magicians and espers has their own style of fighting and pride in their powers. Specially the strong ones. If you can't even understand that then you will never understand why Touma kept on winning against all odds.

Plus do they even know his weakness or full grasp of his abilities? they only knew his right hand is special. It can negate magic and super natural abilities. But that's all there is too it. In his record his level 0 and stupid, delinquent in class. No one will take serious a guy with this record.
Old 2012-09-13, 11:51   Link #1237
Linglan

well, like you said, they know key is his right hand but everytime I see, they go after his right, not dodge or attack from side... a simple gun will kill him faster but I doubt that will work because it will probably miss for story sake.

and fight with Accelerator, Touma already beat him up in close range fight first time but yet he still go for close range 2nd time which is dumb... and another thing is that Accelerator is able to speed up and Touma is able to catch up to his speed and dodge to land final blow which amaze me...

It is just bad design for the fight, because you know it will be one sided... well, that how I see in S1, next to S2, wish it can provide better fight scene...
Old 2012-09-13, 12:21   Link #1238
tsunade666

did you read vol 03? and if you watch the anime did you see the reaction of Accelerator when someone touch him? he was surprised and he can't believe it -_- thus he charge and believe me. That guy has all the confidence in the universe on his own strength that a insignificant level 0 in front of him is so unbelievable that its laughable. But then when he got beaten up and think that its beyond laughable. He use range attacks thus the born of atmospheric control. The Plasma is the result of Touma knocking some few loose screws on Accelerator.

And read further on. You will understand how the heck Touma can evade an attack. Its been explain when the fight was in Accelerators's pov in vol 20.

Aiming a gun in front of him might be a good strategy as long as his not aware of it because if he is aware. Then the answer is lie on the part where I said Touma and Accelerator fought.

And nope, it might be funny for others that it looks like for story's sake but Kamachi doesn't do it that way. He doesn't right gary stu characters that is totally perfect that every girls go gaga on him.
Old 2012-09-13, 14:42   Link #1239
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

People act as if all Touma needs to do is use his right hand, where half the battles that's not the only thing he needs

Heck the VERY FIRST FIGHT with Stiyl should show you that even when his right-hand has been countered he can still come out with the win.

The Alchemist, Touma loses his arm but he finds out Arse Magna's weakness and uses it.

Touma was predicting Accel's moves because he can't fight worth shit

When Sherry was about to crush him underground, but Touma found out away to counter that thanks to his quick thinking and IB

It's not just IB, even with it blocked it's his quick thinking and tenacity
(and of course help from others every now and then)

Old 2012-09-14, 04:21   Link #1240
Linglan

Stiyl, during final blow, we can see that same spell doesn't work but Stiyl still want to cast it... if he goes hand to hand combat and got beat up, I am more satisfy with this end than trying to cast spell.

Alchemist, no complaint here, more about break his mind trick than actually use IB

Touma, won't argue anymore, just bad fight imo

Sherry, again, last blow, you would thought something better might come up but nooooo...

I am not talking about Touma been perfect student, I like his laziness but just fights are bad...
Closed Thread