Lifeless shut-in

Not favoring is not equal to hate.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:56   Link #2342
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The Nadeko hate is surprisingly strong in this thread, considering how generally screwed up every character in the series is...Not that their flaws make them less as persons of course.
See the thing is....Nadeko is the most screwed up out of them all.

Nadeko is presented as the polar opposite compared to all of the girls.

Unlike the others she doesn't have a family where a parent is dead or divorced. She comes from a completely normal background so there isn't some sort of trauma that would get her to go nuts. She is also the only "victim" out of the bunch so there is even less reason for her to go crazy. Yet she still did. Nadeko is completely selfish and uncaring about the world around her. At long as she gets to live her life without trouble she's okay.

AND I LOVE HER FOR THAT!!

The only time she acted like a human is when she finally snapped and confronted her class.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 08:32   Link #2343
shizugami

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post

Unlike the others she doesn't have a family where a parent is dead or divorced. She comes from a completely normal background so there isn't some sort of trauma that would get her to go nuts. She is also the only "victim" out of the bunch so there is even less reason for her to go crazy. Yet she still did. Nadeko is completely selfish and uncaring about the world around her. At long as she gets to live her life without trouble she's okay.

The only time she acted like a human is when she finally snapped and confronted her class.
I totally agree with you.
Nadeko has a normal family, her personality is so normal. She is the most normal girl compared to all the girls in the series. She decided to solve any problem on her own, doesn’t want to make trouble for anyone, even Araragi.

To all the people who call she's a slut, I think it's normal if you want to give everything you have for the one you love. She don't like to be touched by bare skins and not very good with conversations. She's still try her best when she's with Araragi.
What will you call it when Araragi talk/do some eroge things with other girls like Hachikuji, Kanbaru, Tsukihi, Karen, Shinobu. Araragi and Nadeko not even touching each other.

But I have to admit that she became weird since Nisenmonogatari. The Nadeko I know in Bakemonogatari and Otorimonogatari is the same, but in Nisen, she's like an other character (Even in the pool story too).
shizugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 08:49   Link #2344
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

You do not have to take the 'slut' word too serious.
It was just a metaphor to describe her cling-iness and attention whoring to Araragi.
Old 2013-09-25, 09:07   Link #2345
shizugami

Ah sorry, I understand it but my english make it become too serious...I didn't mean to insult anyone.

Like I said, I think that Nadeko in Bake and Otori is totally different with Nadeko in Nise and the pool story. The way she think, act and her feeling toward Araragi is pure even when she gone mad.
shizugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 19:13   Link #2346
NotVeryMuchAPro

Well, good bye Nadeko then. Let's hope that NishiO gives us a sneak peak at her future.

Back to the current more relevant questions:

What the fuck will happen in Owari and Zo-something (I'm bad at remembering names :P)?

Will Koyomi return to life?.... Of course he will, what Male MC dies half-way?

Will Tsubasa successfully find Mr.Meme, who might actually save the day?

Will Hitagi be the one to take down Gaen/Ougi? I'm betting that NishiO is saving her for the last :P.

Will we ever see Shinobu again? She might regain all her powers back, or she might go mad and die? It'd be depressing if she does :c.

Finally, who the fuck is the main baddie? Gaen or Ougi.
NotVeryMuchAPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 01:39   Link #2347
hanekawa
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryMuchAPro View Post
Back to the current more relevant questions:

What the fuck will happen in Owari and Zo-something (I'm bad at remembering names :P)?
Zokuowari?

Quote:
Will Koyomi return to life?.... Of course he will, what Male MC dies half-way?
Koyomi apparently...he even half-asses his life it seems.

Quote:
Will Tsubasa successfully find Mr.Meme, who might actually save the day?
Of course! And even if not, Tsubasa-chan is always reliable! I'd like to see something really creative come out of this.

Quote:
Will Hitagi be the one to take down Gaen/Ougi? I'm betting that NishiO is saving her for the last :P.
I would hope so. We are in dire need of Hitagi-san...not to mention how badass it'd be.

Quote:
Will we ever see Shinobu again? She might regain all her powers back, or she might go mad and die? It'd be depressing if she does :c.
Wait when did we lose Shinobu?

Quote:
Finally, who the fuck is the main baddie? Gaen or Ougi.
I'm all in for Gaen.
hanekawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 05:09   Link #2348
NotVeryMuchAPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanekawa View Post
Zokuowari?

Koyomi apparently...he even half-asses his life it seems.

Of course! And even if not, Tsubasa-chan is always reliable! I'd like to see something really creative come out of this.

I would hope so. We are in dire need of Hitagi-san...not to mention how badass it'd be.

Wait when did we lose Shinobu?

I'm all in for Gaen.

Erhm, I'm basing the Shinobu thing on Kabuki: When Koyomi was killed in that timeline, she went all mad and shit, so yeap.

I'm still contemplating between Gaen and Ougi, they're both mysterious.
Old 2013-09-26, 13:57   Link #2349
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Erhm, I'm basing the Shinobu thing on Kabuki: When Koyomi was killed in that timeline, she went all mad and shit, so yeap.
The book mentioned that directly. That Shinobu can't repeat what she did in the timetravel arc because she saw and dislike the consequences. My pet theory is that the entire time travel arc was intentionally planned so that Gaen can neutralise Shinobu as a threat.
Old 2013-09-26, 15:03   Link #2350
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The book mentioned that directly. That Shinobu can't repeat what she did in the timetravel arc because she saw and dislike the consequences. My pet theory is that the entire time travel arc was intentionally planned so that Gaen can neutralise Shinobu as a threat.
It is worth mentioning that during Shiro Shinobu was somehow detatched from Araragi without her even noticing it. It is heavily implied that it was Gaen that did it. Even if Araragi were to die, Gaen would probably know a way to prevent Shinobu from rebecoming Kissshot.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 15:41   Link #2351
NotVeryMuchAPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
It is worth mentioning that during Shiro Shinobu was somehow detatched from Araragi without her even noticing it. It is heavily implied that it was Gaen that did it. Even if Araragi were to die, Gaen would probably know a way to prevent Shinobu from rebecoming Kissshot.
Gaen sounds more like the final boss everyday. o-o

Ougi being a gender-bender is mysterious..... She/he could be Meme?
Old 2013-09-26, 19:38   Link #2352
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Still, I don't think Gaen is the evil in the series.
As far as the situation is concerned, she is a character who is there to re-balance the situation even if it means for the sake of her own self.
Old 2013-09-26, 21:31   Link #2353
mugimugi
bwaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
As far as the situation is concerned, she is a character who is there to re-balance the situation even if it means for the sake of her own self.
She strikes me as the blacksmith guy from Katanagatari.
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 21:41   Link #2354
hanekawa
Lurker

Quote:

She's a really hardcore balancer.
hanekawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 23:10   Link #2355
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Keep in mind that Oshino Meme dropped out of school without graduating, in order to get away from her. And in fact Gaen is suspiciously absent in the scene of the alternate world when they banded together to fight Heart Under Blade. Evil or not, the three other adults do not like her.
Old 2013-09-26, 23:37   Link #2356
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Keep in mind that Oshino Meme dropped out of school without graduating, in order to get away from her. And in fact Gaen is suspiciously absent in the scene of the alternate world when they banded together to fight Heart Under Blade. Evil or not, the three other adults do not like her.
Oh yeah... totally forgot about that.

Hmm...
Anyway, I'm totally into the theory from someone here where these characters are like the double/doppelganger/alternate version to one another.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:05   Link #2357
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post

Only time?
Old 2013-09-27, 10:56   Link #2358
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Only time?
Tell me another time if you question me so.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 08:54   Link #2359
NotVeryMuchAPro

So apparently...

Kotoriwari is in Gaen's possession.

Any bet that Meme went travelling around the world to find Yumewatari?

Here's hoping that Hitagi will turn into a swordwoman badass and battles Gaen with the Yumewatari.
Old 2013-09-28, 09:11   Link #2360
Shikijin

Quote:
Any bet that Meme went travelling around the world to find Yumewatari?
Not likely. Meme has probably been captured. When they will find him he will leave without saying goodbye once again.
Quote:
Here's hoping that Hitagi will turn into a swordwoman badass and battles Gaen with the Yumewatari.
Hitagi never had that skill to begin with, and I doubt she could win Gaen anyway.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance