AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-22, 15:26   Link #21
marvelB

I don't know about a new power-up (I guess people are assuming something like a new gear?), but I do at least expect Luffy to reveal some new tricks by his next rematch with Dofla. After all, I think this chapter's brief clash is good enough indication that the warlord is gonna push him MUCH farther than Hody, Caesar, or Don Chinjao did.....
Old 2014-04-22, 16:01   Link #22
swenda

well think about it luffy was training a half year alone, what if he has in that time eat another DF waits for the right moment to use it
Old 2014-04-22, 16:25   Link #23
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't know about a new power-up (I guess people are assuming something like a new gear?), but I do at least expect Luffy to reveal some new tricks by his next rematch with Dofla. After all, I think this chapter's brief clash is good enough indication that the warlord is gonna push him MUCH farther than Hody, Caesar, or Don Chinjao did.....
Agreed, I want to see Luffy be creative but not necessarily jump a whole gear in response to Mingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenda View Post
well think about it luffy was training a half year alone, what if he has in that time eat another DF waits for the right moment to use it
He would have died if he did that.
Old 2014-04-22, 17:27   Link #24
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I've been thinking, what could Doflamingo possibly achieve with encasing the island in strings? We've seen people cut through his strings before.. And trapping them in the island isn't killing them.. So I gotta wonder if it's maybe a combination of devil fruit powers from his crew. Like for instance maybe Pika will cover the strings in stone? Anything Gladius touches will rapture and explode so maybe Gladius touches Doflamingos strings and explodes the entire island? Or maybe Doflaming will attach his strings to everyone and then Sugar could turn everyone on the island into a toy at once. Or do the same thing with the Art Art fruit and make everyone a useless piece of art. I just think that Doflamingo's power ALONE couldn't possibly have a way to kill everyone on the island.. Could it?
Old 2014-04-23, 00:05   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's more to the chapter, I've added the details of the rest at the usual place.

In short, Dofla turned the entire kingdom into bounties hunters to go after Luffy's head.
Old 2014-04-23, 00:22   Link #26
crimsinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
I've been thinking, what could Doflamingo possibly achieve with encasing the island in strings? We've seen people cut through his strings before.. And trapping them in the island isn't killing them.. So I gotta wonder if it's maybe a combination of devil fruit powers from his crew. Like for instance maybe Pika will cover the strings in stone? Anything Gladius touches will rapture and explode so maybe Gladius touches Doflamingos strings and explodes the entire island? Or maybe Doflaming will attach his strings to everyone and then Sugar could turn everyone on the island into a toy at once. Or do the same thing with the Art Art fruit and make everyone a useless piece of art. I just think that Doflamingo's power ALONE couldn't possibly have a way to kill everyone on the island.. Could it?
hhmmm yea i like that theory a combination of df fruits is more exciting than having doffy do it alone, besides doing it alone would be another repeat of the whole enel situation, but a combo now thats something new, as far as i can tell we havnt had an entire combo assination for the main climax.
Old 2014-04-23, 00:26   Link #27
Slayerx

Actually just read the chapter... gotta ask; are we sure the chapter is complete? because it seems a few pages shorter than usual. Eh, will know for sure tomorrow once other translations come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinking View Post
Speaking of the CP9 comparison, Dofla slicing off the palace's roof with a kick reminds me of when Kaku did something like that during the EL arc. Though the difference here is that Dofla did that with a regular kick, not a special technique. Really goes to show just how much of a higher level opponent he is....
I wouldn't really say it was a regular kick. Considering how he has been constantly seen using his strings to cut people, I would say that kick was more of his devil fruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
I've been thinking, what could Doflamingo possibly achieve with encasing the island in strings? We've seen people cut through his strings before.. And trapping them in the island isn't killing them... [snip]... I just think that Doflamingo's power ALONE couldn't possibly have a way to kill everyone on the island.. Could it?
I'd say most likely, "Bird cage" is the same technique he used to control Riku's army. He manage to take control of the army and forced them to attack the people to vilify the king and stage his "heroic" entrance. He's gonna use those countless strings to take control over everyone on the island and force them kill eachother.
Old 2014-04-23, 00:49   Link #28
marvelB

Okay, I updated the summary with the extra info from Aohige's summary. Now in addition to the Croc and CP9 comparisons, Dofla's whole "hunting game" thing is seriously bringing to mind Eneru's "survival game" from Skypiea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I wouldn't really say it was a regular kick. Considering how he has been constantly seen using his strings to cut people, I would say that kick was more of his devil fruit.

Actually, it was me who made that post. I think crimsinking just copied it without actually quoting it....

But while it's true that Dofla's kick probably was string-enhanced, my point was more along the lines of his attack not being a special named technique like CP9's rokushiki moves. That's what I meant when I say that Dofla is a much higher level of opponent, that even his regular, non-named attacks are extremely powerful and deadly.....
Old 2014-04-23, 01:55   Link #29
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

wow that was intense chapter
hope all the fighter won't just turn and attack luffy instead

where's your loyalty to Lord Usopp!!!
Old 2014-04-23, 02:04   Link #30
adriankhoo153

The bird cage is unbreakable? I mean there is top tier fighter in the cage.
Most promiseable is Fujitaro, power up Mera mera Sabo and others.

I mean Fujitaro aint gonna sit down there doing ntg right?
Old 2014-04-23, 02:14   Link #31
danielevo

So this Oda purpose give many character in this arc, it was all for birdcage !! So the real tournament is dressrosa itself, hahaha.. great chapter.. im curious what will fujitora do after this,, hmm..
Old 2014-04-23, 02:17   Link #32
coded321
He Who Games

I remember in a previous chapter discussion, for the chapter where kyros seemingly killed doffy, that there would have been some kind of twist. Sad to say that prediction came terrifyingly true...
Old 2014-04-23, 02:45   Link #33
crimsinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, I updated the summary with the extra info from Aohige's summary. Now in addition to the Croc and CP9 comparisons, Dofla's whole "hunting game" thing is seriously bringing to mind Eneru's "survival game" from Skypiea!

Actually, it was me who made that post. I think crimsinking just copied it without actually quoting it....
sorry i was having the biggest lags ever i didnt realiZe i was copying not quoting.

But anyway just read the chapter and i am now positive that doffys df is nothing more than the greatest haxxxxxxxx in one piece, i mean in marineford he was able to control someone as strong as jjozu and in this arc we find out that he can control an entire army and now he can cover an entire island in sharp strings like really? Is it stamina consuming like law or just od haxxxx,
Old 2014-04-23, 02:46   Link #34
The Small One

I really wonder how Doffy's strings were able to prevent the marines from communication with the outside.
Old 2014-04-23, 02:52   Link #35
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

If you look really closely on the colour page at the beginning of the chapter it looks like Brook is asking Robin to see something in her laundry... Hahaha
Spoiler for Image:
But anyways, first thing I realized from the chapter is that Robin was with Sabo for the past few years.. so I wonder if she even knows that him and Luffy are brothers? I wonder if this arc will end with Sabo telling the Strawhats to take care of Luffy just like Ace did in Alabasta
In regards to Doflamingo listing names, do you think he'll just read the Strawhat wanted posters and say "Sogeking". That'd be interesting. Same old wanted poster gags
Old 2014-04-23, 03:01   Link #36
msg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder how Doffy's strings were able to prevent the marines from communication with the outside.
Maybe the string is so fine its like a partice wave?...lol.Hope fujitora do someting like sent a meteorite or two towards where dofla is...or maybe gravity crush a la naruto's pain...dang another break
Old 2014-04-23, 03:03   Link #37
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
What Doflamingo doesn't know is that Team Sanji and the Big Mom ship are probably outside the cage right now. That might bite him in the behind in the end. But again, a really unexpected turn of events. It's just that with Sabo and Fujitora inside this bird cage, it's hard for me to see Doflamingo succeeding.
Old 2014-04-23, 03:20   Link #38
crimsinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
What Doflamingo doesn't know is that Team Sanji and the Big Mom ship are probably outside the cage right now. That might bite him in the behind in the end. But again, a really unexpected turn of events. It's just that with Sabo and Fujitora inside this bird cage, it's hard for me to see Doflamingo succeeding.
not only those two but king elizebello and the cho are also inside as well as a handfull of other strong ppl, im really begining to hate doffys hax power.

On a second note couldnt doffy have done this in marineford??any thoughts on that?
Old 2014-04-23, 03:26   Link #39
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

woaaahh...

now let's predict whose head would be mentioned by Doflamingo...

finally we could see Sabo and Luffy fight side-by-side

another question is how Marine going to react over this?
Old 2014-04-23, 03:33   Link #40
Diablerie

The Doflamingo v Luffy clash was interesting, wow Doffy's OP though. Luffy is gonna definitely need some help from Sabo, Law or Kyros on this one. Still, looks like he's gonna be far more challenging than Hody, Caesar and Chinjao, happy for Luffy to finally have a difficult opponent in the New World.

This is gonna be a reaaaally long arc apparently, I think we've moved from New World's Alabasta to New World's Skypeia with the whole hunting game thing...

It was really stupid to include Fujitora in the birdcage. He's basically attacking an Admiral just to keep Kaidou happy, that's absolutely crazy.
Closed Thread