Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-02-18, 08:15   Link #8481
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I vastly prefer links, because embedding videos makes the page load slower and takes up bandwidth (which can be an issue at work).
Alright, I noted that down. Are you going to do a mock draft as well?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 08:44   Link #8482
GDB

Maybe, but if I do it won't be until the end of April.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 22:34   Link #8483
sky black swordman

So, the NFL will review the case involving Ray Rice allegedly knocked out fiancee at hotel.

What will the Baltimore Ravens organization do about the situation that Ray Rice currently finds himself in?

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2014-02-19 at 22:52.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 23:19   Link #8484
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
So, the NFL will review the case involving Ray Rice allegedly knocked out fiancee at hotel.

What will the Baltimore Ravens organization do about the situation that Ray Rice currently finds himself in?
I wonder what led to him punching his Fiancee, either way its going to cause much problems for the Ravens.

I find it funny that people say that this altercation is the official stamp that the NFL off-season has started. So legal trouble now marks the beginning of the NFL off-season now?
Old 2014-02-20, 07:33   Link #8485
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I wonder what led to him punching his Fiancee, either way its going to cause much problems for the Ravens.
Alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.

Quote:
I find it funny that people say that this altercation is the official stamp that the NFL off-season has started. So legal trouble now marks the beginning of the NFL off-season now?
This isn't new. That's how it's been for years.
Old 2014-02-20, 07:38   Link #8486
sky black swordman

Quote:

As do I. It must have been pretty severe if Rice used enough force to knock her out.

Really now? If that's the case then what was last year's?
Old 2014-02-20, 07:47   Link #8487
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
As do I. It must have been pretty severe if Rice used enough force to knock her out.

Really now? If that's the case then what was last year's?
Aaron Hernandez being arrested for murder?
Old 2014-02-20, 08:13   Link #8488
GDB

Either that or the myriad of drunk driving/super speeding arrests.
Old 2014-02-20, 12:18   Link #8489
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

How so? Some terrible PR aside, it's not going to cause major problems. Rice's record has been squeaky clean up until so now, so he likely won't be suspended by either the team or the league.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2014-02-20 at 12:49.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 19:47   Link #8490
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
How so? Some terrible PR aside, it's not going to cause major problems. Rice's record has been squeaky clean up until so now, so he likely won't be suspended by either the team or the league.
There are rumors of a most likely charge against Rice. Even then, the media is going to love this. It will cause unnecessary spot light on the Ravens. Also, for Ray Rice, his image is tarnished regardless of the reason.

Even then, there are other problems that could arise. Its a bit too early to say what, but what can be said is that usually incident like this is put under a microscope and caused much uproar than initially.

Also, Jaguars news. It appears that the Jaguars are leaning more to trading down, the question is which teams are interested.
Old 2014-02-20, 22:25   Link #8491
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Aaron Hernandez being arrested for murder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Either that or the myriad of drunk driving/super speeding arrests.
If I recall correctly did not that (Aaron Hernandez charged with murder) occur near the end of June? By that time we were well into the off season.

Quote:
There are rumors of a most likely charge against Rice. Even then, the media is going to love this. It will cause unnecessary spot light on the Ravens. Also, for Ray Rice, his image is tarnished regardless of the reason.

Even then, there are other problems that could arise. Its a bit too early to say what, but what can be said is that usually incident like this is put under a microscope and caused much uproar than initially.

Also, Jaguars news. It appears that the Jaguars are leaning more to trading down, the question is which teams are interested.
In trading up? Of the top of my head, there is Falcons (appear interested in drafting DE Jadeveon Clowney), Vikings (desperate need for a QB), and Lions (appear interested in drafting WR Sammy Watkins).
Old 2014-02-20, 22:51   Link #8492
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
If I recall correctly did not that (Aaron Hernandez charged with murder) occur near the end of June? By that time we were well into the off season.

In trading up? Of the top of my head, there is Falcons (appear interested in drafting DE Jadeveon Clowney), Vikings (desperate need for a QB), and Lions (appear interested in drafting WR Sammy Watkins).
Its been reported that the Vikings are also interested in trading down. However, it would be rough on us because it positions the Jaguars beyond Clowney. Unless they give up 3 picks, I do not see a trade.

I think the Falcon will not be the target for the Jaguars especially because they are after Clowney. Caldwell is all about selecting the best player at the situation and Clowney is still the consensus best prospect.

I expect Cleveland are interested in trading up for Manziel though that is the media talking. Cleveland is very random though. The Jaguars could get their first round pick along with either a 2nd day pick as well. They are probably the best team to trade drafts with for both sides. The Rams will probably demand something big for their picks as well as for the Texans.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-02-20 at 23:03.
Old 2014-02-21, 02:43   Link #8493
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Unless he's actually suspended by the league or team, the bad PR is the only negative. Plus, with the incident happening so early in the pre-season, it's not going to affect the team on the field.
Old 2014-02-21, 23:24   Link #8494
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Seattle Seahawks just release WR Sidney Rice. Could be a prime target for many teams who is looking for a big WR especially the Jaguars since Gus has ties with the Seahawks.
Old 2014-02-22, 02:26   Link #8495
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

If they don't resign Bennett I'd go after him.
Old 2014-02-22, 11:27   Link #8496
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
If they don't resign Bennett I'd go after him.
Most likely they release Rice to go after Bennett. Sidney Rice was kind of overpaid for his production and add the fact he had torn ACL.

If he produced the numbers he had in 2009, he would most likely be on the team. I would like to sign Sidney Rice too, because he has already shown high levels of productivity. However, there is big concern of his injury history. If Sidney Rice isn't asking over 3.5 million, I think it would be a good sign. I think he can be signed for 3 million or less considering his injury history and connection to Gus Bradley, but at the same time, if he presents an ego think he is worth around 5-7 million, then I will have to walk away.
Old 2014-02-25, 20:16   Link #8497
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
YES. The yearly NFL Network video of Rich Eisen v.s. Combine Prospects running the 40.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/rich-...191233299.html

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 20:37   Link #8498
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Jimmy Graham and Greg Hardy has been franchise tag, any thoughts.
Old 2014-02-28, 21:07   Link #8499
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Dallas is looking at the chopping block for the salary cap with sights on Ware's 12 million...*sigh*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 21:20   Link #8500
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Dallas is looking at the chopping block for the salary cap with sights on Ware's 12 million...*sigh*
Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Tags
american football, sports