AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-16, 11:40   Link #841
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
In my book it does! Well at least for C.C. it does. If you look at everything objectively, you can't honestly think she doesn't have any chances.
Maybe, but the show has been making it very clear what the nature of her relationship with Lelouch is. And that is unlikely to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Now WHO messed with his brain? We need to find those people and beat them.

They deserve to die for saying bad thinks about C.C. ( who is the best and LI).

BTW, where did C.C. said about DNA of soul?
No need to be so mean about it. And don't be such a C.C. fanboy (I finds this statement ironic for some reason).

I believe it was in the novels, though it was also mentioned in the talks with FO back in season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Maybe... but the scene that you have in your avatar makes me suppose that C.C. is thinking that Lelouch loves Kallen. Just look at C.C. eyes

I hope that Lelouch will say he loves her by the end of the series (C.C.). Because I don't see C.C. doing such thing.
I don't think that is what it was at all. I think she was just worried about Kallen and that Lelouch might decide to leave her behind. She was surprised by what he told her, but I don't think she felt anything there.

Yeah, not going to happen. That is something I have trouble imagining Lelouch saying to anyone though he might say it to Kallen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The thing about Lelouch and C.C, is that you have to remember that they don't like to express their true feelings openly, so one, or both, will say it in a round-about way... But that'll only serve to make it more endearing to me
Maybe, but at this point that isn't helping things with her at all. I don't think she regards Lelouch as anything more than a partner and I doubt she'll let it ever go beyond that. Lelouch isn't interested anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
I do quite like your attitude

That is true... haven't seen her much since the start of R2 at all. But I could say the same for Kallen you know, C.C. had most of the spotlight in season one (and btw, her story doesn't seems like it is going to end just there) and thus I don't agreed with you that her story will only take like three episode; I find it absurd. I believe her story is much more complicated than that... and besides, by putting C.C. at the end also shows that the show ends with her (implying... I'll leave that to your imagination ladies and gents), this might boost her chances.

Looking at the preview of ep 11, it seems that we might get C.C.'s story rolling. I'm pretty sure C.C. will get her chances

Trust

I don't think we're going to see Kallen go out of the spotlight at all and since she is a critical character it is pretty much guaranteed she'll be very important for the rest of the show. Being at the end doesn't really boost her chances. Kallen could be involved in all that at the end. And just because C.C. get some scenes doesn't mean she has a chance in light of everything that has happened so far.

I'm not expecting much from episode 11 except for maybe one or two scenes and maybe some info about Jeremiah and V.V..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
gawd.... SHE CRIED i repeat CRIED AT THE LAST EPISODE OF SEASON 1 RE-WATCH THAT AGAIN AND TELL ME SHE IS 100% "EMOTIONLESS"
Why was she crying? And why would she suddenly start smiling if she was sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
If a couple of negative comments towards your "favorite" character could make you abandon her faster than i could flick a light switch then maybe you where not C.C's loyal fan in the first place.
Who said she was my favorite character? I like her of course and I still do though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Pairings are secondary to my interest. I believe C.C.'s history will be one fitting of the long-term enigma she's been put under.

Though it seems logical C.C.'s contract would pit Lelouch against his father, with the hints scattered throughout the series, she did seem rather reluctant to reveal the existence of V.V. to Lelouch back in the school festival.

Personally I'm hoping for something cheesy, like asking Lelouch to retrieve her soul back.
I don't really think we'll learn everything. Probably just enough to leave us satisfied. The beginning should be enough I would think and I suppose the bonus is that we could see her before she became all detached from everything.

I don't think it has much to do with Charles honestly. I think that might be Marianne's wish rather than C.C.'s. I think she may have been reluctant for several reasons which could be her not thinking it a good idea to get him more involved because of the dangers or fear he might discover the truth and go against her.

I'd considered she might want something like that, but it seems unlikely. How would you go about retrieving a soul anyway? I think something like that would result in her death.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 11:59   Link #842
Var
Banned

This thread has degenerated to silly levels of near flamedom.

Moving to a new topic, namely this weeks episode, I found some interesting things that I think should be brought up.
  • C.C. knows of the Tomb of the Chinese Emperors.
  • C.C.'s reaction to Lelouch's action of saving Kallen.
  • C.C.'s subsequent reaction to him following through the idea.
  • Geass talk.

The first item on the list concerns the tomb and C.C. rather soft-spoken tone when mentioning her knowledge of it. I'm curious if this is a tie back to Mao or, if not, to other Geass users in the past. I think more the later since she found Mao on the streets. This development, however, does continue to the motif of the users being those of royal blood. Which could mean, very much so, that Mao was/is related to the current Empress. Her ambiable tone is also interesting, as it shows some sort of bond towards the people who were enshrined there.

Next point, and probably last for now, as I have lasers to be fixing, is C.C.'s reaction towards Lelouch action to save Kallen. Going by what she said in Ep.7, its an unusual series of reactions because, quite frankly, he's putting his life on the line. If she wants him alive, her reaction didn't follow that train of thought. She looked glad that Lelouch kept true to his plan to save Kallen. Now this doesn't imply anything, but the situation is an inversion of the Shirley debacle in S1. This time, Lelouch is doing it flatout for himself, where as the Shirley incident was plagued with reasons of guilt, Mao problems, and the overall secret of his identity being in the hands of someone who may exploit it. We have Lelouch chasing Kallen, not Lelouch chasing his secret and ending up at Shirley and Mao.

This may not mean much, but it seems that C.C. is glad that he's staying human. The old Zero/Lelouch would have abandoned Kallen, probably, if it meant his rebellion would win. Now he's risking everything for someone, very stupid but very human.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 12:23   Link #843
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The first item on the list concerns the tomb and C.C. rather soft-spoken tone when mentioning her knowledge of it. I'm curious if this is a tie back to Mao or, if not, to other Geass users in the past. I think more the later since she found Mao on the streets. This development, however, does continue to the motif of the users being those of royal blood. Which could mean, very much so, that Mao was/is related to the current Empress. Her ambiable tone is also interesting, as it shows some sort of bond towards the people who were enshrined there.
Going by that line of though, it would be safe to say she contracted at least one of them, hence the familiarity and possible bond.

Quote:
Next point, and probably last for now, as I have lasers to be fixing, is C.C.'s reaction towards Lelouch action to save Kallen. Going by what she said in Ep.7, its an unusual series of reactions because, quite frankly, he's putting his life on the line. If she wants him alive, her reaction didn't follow that train of thought. She looked glad that Lelouch kept true to his plan to save Kallen. Now this doesn't imply anything, but the situation is an inversion of the Shirley debacle in S1. This time, Lelouch is doing it flatout for himself, where as the Shirley incident was plagued with reasons of guilt, Mao problems, and the overall secret of his identity being in the hands of someone who may exploit it. We have Lelouch chasing Kallen, not Lelouch chasing his secret and ending up at Shirley and Mao.

This may not mean much, but it seems that C.C. is glad that he's staying human. The old Zero/Lelouch would have abandoned Kallen, probably, if it meant his rebellion would win. Now he's risking everything for someone, very stupid but very human.
Concurred.

Though the best I can offer towards C.C.'s expressions of relief since Kallen rescued Lelouch, is that she's letting her guard down slightly. The slip with Kaguya certainly was no mistake though in relation to Kallen..I haven't the foggiest why.

As for Lelouch, I have to disagree. Lelouch is not above using the people he knows to his advantage but that would be better done in his own thread.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 12:24   Link #844
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I assumed it was a reference to Mao, though I can't imagine when she would have gone there with Mao. She may have been there for a while though and went all over China before finding Mao. We also don't know where she went after she left Mao either I suppose. I've never really bought the Mao was of royal blood since I can't figure how Mao could have ended up on the streets. Wouldn't they rather have had Mao as the head rather than Tianzi. If C.C. somehow knew who exactly Mao was in the event he was royalty, this might explain some of those notes concerning episode 11.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a contract with some Emperor in the past either. He tone being like that sounds like things might have gone better than some of her other contracts, though it still failed.

Maybe she thinks Lelouch will make it through okay? Maybe for once her emotions are overriding her notion about the contract since she seemed happy that Lelouch decided to go after Kallen which could indicate she may regard Kallen as a friend or something.

I'm not sure why she is happy about him staying human, but maybe she is happy because it might make her feel that Lelouch will be able to deal with everything and not become like Mao.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-16, 12:35   Link #845
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I assumed it was a reference to Mao, though I can't imagine when she would have gone there with Mao. She may have been there for a while though and went all over China before finding Mao. We also don't know where she went after she left Mao either I suppose. I've never really bought the Mao was of royal blood since I can't figure how Mao could have ended up on the streets. Wouldn't they rather have had Mao as the head rather than Tianzi. If C.C. somehow knew who exactly Mao was in the event he was royalty, this might explain some of those notes concerning episode 11.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a contract with some Emperor in the past either. He tone being like that sounds like things might have gone better than some of her other contracts, though it still failed.

Maybe she thinks Lelouch will make it through okay? Maybe for once her emotions are overriding her notion about the contract since she seemed happy that Lelouch decided to go after Kallen which could indicate she may regard Kallen as a friend or something.

I'm not sure why she is happy about him staying human, but maybe she is happy because it might make her feel that Lelouch will be able to deal with everything and not become like Mao.

Exactly!
That's at least a bit more positive thinking!
Old 2008-06-16, 13:46   Link #846
Var
Banned

Quote:
Going by that line of though, it would be safe to say she contracted at least one of them, hence the familiarity and possible bond.
That was my idea as well, that she's either refering to one of the Emperors, or several, or at the very least some reference to where she took Mao to remove him from others. It is a tomb, and it is holy ground, very few people would be wandering around the area. Though I prefer the idea that it was someone from the past.

Quote:
Concurred.

Though the best I can offer towards C.C.'s expressions of relief since Kallen rescued Lelouch, is that she's letting her guard down slightly. The slip with Kaguya certainly was no mistake though in relation to Kallen..I haven't the foggiest why.

As for Lelouch, I have to disagree. Lelouch is not above using the people he knows to his advantage but that would be better done in his own thread.
Well, I'm almost certain that in the 1 year gap and up to now, that C.C. and Kallen have become quite close as friends. Kallen's really the only one displaying any jealousy and that is partly C.C.'s fault for spurring her on. Though, to be honest, her age and experience with these things indicates to me that she's been doing it on purpose. If she gets Kallen to follow through on her own feelings, C.C. stops being the only support for Lelouch, helping her in the long run as she's no longer the only support beam holding up the building.

Quote:
Now that I think of it, the dead person from the World of C who remained unnamed may be one of the Emperors enshrined in the tomb. I have a hard time placing it on Mao as it feels that she was refering to a time long ago, something long before the current time period. Mao could have easily been tossed out for being a bastard child. For whatever it amounts too, he had the same hair as the current Empress and we've seen linearity in traits as per Cornelia and Euphemia.

Quote:
Might be the unnamed speaker she converses with at times.

Quote:

Well as I said above, I think she and Kallen have become friends. She worries for her friends, she also knows Kallen is close to Lelouch (and vise versa (she was there when they were casually talking while ontop of one another)). I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she's trying to push them together on purpose, as she's not stopping them and she's been teasing Kallen in ways that push her closer and closer to Lelouch. (This is not some romance nonsense) I could very well see her trying to distance herself on purpose due to what she knows is ahead, and the powers they'll be facing. If she's a bit more removed, Lelouch will be able to worry less, have further support, and be able to fulfill her contract without her being always present.
Old 2008-06-16, 13:49   Link #847
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose it could be the speaker though I would think that person would have be someone who was very important. Probably a past lover or something that she hopes to see in the World of C when she dies.

She is pushing them together. I feel incredibly stupid for not seeing this back in season 1 when it was so obvious.

Old 2008-06-16, 14:58   Link #848
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
She is pushing them together. I feel incredibly stupid for not seeing this back in season 1 when it was so obvious.

How is it that Season 1 had any indicaton for this?

As I remember, the last episode had happening, I don't see Kallen anywhere.
Old 2008-06-16, 15:03   Link #849
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, there was the sound episode where she felt bad for Kallen when Lelouch said she didn't think much of her. They didn't have much interaction though.

And that kiss has been dealt with and it was meaningless. Besides, the year changed a lot of things.

Old 2008-06-16, 15:04   Link #850
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Well, there was the sound episode where she felt bad for Kallen when Lelouch said she didn't think much of her. They didn't have much interaction though.

And that kiss has been dealt with and it was meaningless. Besides, the year changed a lot of things.

I'm not talking about that

You were saying that you should have seen the Kallen x Lelouch matchup coming up.

I'm saying that it was impossible to predict since up to the very last episode C.C was still in the spotlight
Old 2008-06-16, 15:09   Link #851
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

There were hints with how she was jealous and all that stuff along with how Lelouch didn't regard her very much, which was just asking to be resolved.

Spotlight doesn't mean much and it certainly means nothing now.

Old 2008-06-16, 15:14   Link #852
Var
Banned

Quote:
I suppose it could be the speaker though I would think that person would have be someone who was very important. Probably a past lover or something that she hopes to see in the World of C when she dies.

Doesn't have to be a lover, though it is possible. I don't even know how close the person has to be, she was talking with V.V. at one point and I wouldn't say they are close.

My references to her pushing them together are about how she's been acting in S2, not S1. In fact there's a big difference in how she acts in season 1 towards Kallen (read doesn't) and how she interacts with her now (read does).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
How is it that Season 1 had any indicaton for this?

As I remember, the last episode had happening, I don't see Kallen anywhere.
Season 1 isn't any indication of anything, put your pointless .gif served to make absolutely no point at all. One instance within one episode is not proof of anything, making it out to be is about a stupid as running head first into a brick wall repeatedly.
Old 2008-06-16, 15:20   Link #853
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Season 1 isn't any indication of anything, put your pointless .gif served to make absolutely no point at all. One instance within one episode is not proof of anything, making it out to be is about a stupid as running head first into a brick wall repeatedly.

You just confirmed what I was telling Dann, didn't expect you to actually help me on that one

I ripped the .gif off of the avatar's thread

Nobody in a normal person's perspective would have seen Kallen x Lelouch as a matchup back in season 1, if you did then you just spend waay to much time on forums.
Old 2008-06-16, 15:24   Link #854
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
You just confirmed what I was telling Dann, didn't expect you to actually help me on that one

I ripped the .gif off of the avatar's thread

Nobody in a normal person's perspective would have seen Kallen x Lelouch as a matchup back in season 1, if you did then you just spend waay to much time on forums.
I never said I was trying to prove or disprove Dann, in fact I'm pretty sure I was trying to make it a point that everything I was discussing is based on S2 revelations. So... what, exactly did I accomplish other than my own objective?

In Season 1 I thought that, more or less, Lelouch would end up alone. I though there were possibilities with Kallen, Shirley, Milly, and C.C. but there was nothing for me to actually take as serious indication of anything. With Season 2, however, I am seeing actual reason for certain pairings (read: Kallen). But this is well OT.
Old 2008-06-16, 16:21   Link #855
Karna
just some guy

Quote:

thats some positive thinking. you seem to be in a better mood today. and I actually agree with you this time
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 19:48   Link #856
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

In Season 1 I thought that, more or less, Lelouch would end up alone. I though there were possibilities with Kallen, Shirley, Milly, and C.C. but there was nothing for me to actually take as serious indication of anything. With Season 2, however, I am seeing actual reason for certain pairings (read: Kallen). But this is well OT.
So basically, you're saying that the scenes in R1 are pointless because you're a Kallen shipper. I got it :thumb:

Spoiler for .......:
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 20:12   Link #857
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I really curious as to what you saw; Because if the scenes from season 1 isn't 'good' enough, what in season 2 made you change your mind?

Cause at the moment, I cannot recall any scene that could surpass S1's romance indication.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 21:26   Link #858
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURTAILNARUTO View Post
thats some positive thinking. you seem to be in a better mood today. and I actually agree with you this time
It depends on the subject I suppose. If it steers clear of romance I can talk about it for at least a moment without getting all crazy with things.

Oh, and while I and some of you may consider those scenes to have indications of romance, they may very well not be which is what many people believed. They could simply be considered partner scenes. There's also the fact she had a whole year of time away from him which may have eliminated anything she might have felt that was romantic.

Old 2008-06-16, 21:28   Link #859
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
There's also the fact she had a whole year of time away from him which may have eliminated anything she might have felt that was romantic.
Or not, their reunion in Ep 1 was well done.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 21:31   Link #860
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:

I'm extremely agreed with you on these two. (WOW. lol)

I heard that in the game C.C. was talking to three people through the World of C, Marianne, V.V., and the third one is still a mytery to find out. But I've always think it might be someone who's very close to her.

You are talking about C.C. pushing Lelouch and Kallen together right? I kinda thought of that since I saw how close (hah?) C.C. and Kallen are now in Ep. 2 (With the whole bunny girl event, LOL)
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote