AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2020-05-14, 12:09   Link #1
darkdhaos

Zero Century Film Trilogy

Anounced in the year 2017, Zero Century is a film trilogy by animation studio Gainax in conjunction with Project GoodBook based on the works of Leiji Matsumoto's most famous characters.

Link: http://zero-century.net/

Films
The Zero Century Emeraldas (2020)
The Zero Century Harlock (2023)
The Zero Century Maetel (2026)

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Evangelion, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Royal Space Force - The Wings of Honnêamise) is designing the characters, and Katsumi Itabashi (Arcadia of My Youth, Space Battleship Yamato 2 - The Comet Empire, Queen Millennia) is designing the mecha. Masaki Wachi (Kingdom, G.I. Joe Sigma Six) is writing the script. Toshihisa Kaiya (Genshiken: Second Generation, Haikyu!!, World Trigger) is serving as chief animation director, and Gainax co-founder and president Hiroyuki Yamaga (Royal Space Force - The Wings of Honnêamise, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful) is directing.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-14, 13:27   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The first movie has 2020 release date? Yeah, I'll believe it when I see a trailer. Also, is it a smart move ending the trilogy with the least interesting character of the trio? Anyway, since this will be under Gainax who has become an empty husk of its former self, I will not expect much in hope that I can be pleasantly surprised later.
Old 2020-05-14, 17:01   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hadn't even heard of this until now. I can't say I'm expecting much either.
Old 2020-05-15, 23:06   Link #4
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Not sure if I can expect much from Gainax nowadays; at least Harlock is slated for 2023, can't say I will be able to stay excited until 2026.
Old 2023-02-23, 17:09   Link #5
darkdhaos

There are some news from the movie's twitter account:

Quote:
"We would like to express our deepest condolences on the passing of the great author Leiji Matsumoto.

Due to various circumstances, the progress of the Zero Century Emeraldas project, which was entrusted to us by Matsumoto sensei, has been delayed due to various reasons, but we are still working hard so that everyone will be able to see it.

Even Matsumoto Sensei was looking forward to see the Leijiverse animated with the modern techniques, and we are filled with regret that we were not to be able to show it to him.

We will continue to do our best to follow Matsumoto sensei's will, so please continue to support us.

The staff of Zero Century Emeraldas".
Here is the link to the news: https://twitter.com/zerocenturynet/s...65232104689667

Last edited by darkdhaos; 2023-02-23 at 21:27.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote