AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-20, 18:43   Link #501
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
You're not displaying imagination. You're whining like a pissant, and giving stupid reasons for calling R2 off as 'non-canon' that are totally laughable and utterly false, and show that you're clearly grasping at straws.

And do you know what other scenarios Taniguchi had for R2? Jeremiah's sister being Zero or Lelouch taking people aboard an airship for no reason? Yeah. No.
Those were just early ideas. It may or may not have been used once the original plans for R2 was finalized before it went into production for the latenight audience.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 18:55   Link #502
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
You're not displaying imagination. You're whining like a pissant, and giving stupid reasons for calling R2 off as 'non-canon' that are totally laughable and utterly false, and show that you're clearly grasping at straws.

And do you know what other scenarios Taniguchi had for R2? Jeremiah's sister being Zero or Lelouch taking people aboard an airship for no reason? Yeah. No.
I agree. Those arguments to discount the R2 series seems like the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and humming to yourself.

What puts an end to it all is that Taniguchi signed off on this ending. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere that says he denounces that finale. He has talked about aspects of the story that never got developed, but that often happens in shows.
Old 2008-10-20, 19:01   Link #503
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I agree. Those arguments to discount the R2 series seems like the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and humming to yourself.

What puts an end to it all is that Taniguchi signed off on this ending. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere that says he denounces that finale. He has talked about aspects of the story that never got developed, but that often happens in shows.
I hope that Taniguchi gets to do another Code Geass project. Sunrise could have him make a movie or another series. Although, he might use that opportunity to do a Mai Hime type remake of R2. On the other hand, Taniguchi could do a novel on what his version of R2 was to have been. Perhaps a novel would have been the best option for Code Geass because it could satisfy our respected interest than the anime. Anything from the production staff on Code Geass as a novel.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 19:06   Link #504
Dream_Traveller
Banned

No, because Taniguchi has signed off, and although that interview in the Roman Album showed that he had a hard time making R2 at the start, key words, he never expressed that the current scenario in R2 was one he didn't desire. Learn your facts before misleading people.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 19:54   Link #505
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I hope that Taniguchi gets to do another Code Geass project. Sunrise could have him make a movie or another series. Although, he might use that opportunity to do a Mai Hime type remake of R2. On the other hand, Taniguchi could do a novel on what his version of R2 was to have been. Perhaps a novel would have been the best option for Code Geass because it could satisfy our respected interest than the anime. Anything from the production staff on Code Geass as a novel.
Any other full Code Geass project would be an abomination. They couldn't do it without serious drama. It would have to take the peace that Lelouch gave his life for and shatter it. Thus making his sacrifice meaningless. It would never be interesting if the world and the peace wasn't in mortal danger.
Taniguchi could make a different kind of project, but like with S-Cryed. It would be something completely different.

I wasn't incredibly happy with the ending myself, but I still see this ending as canon.

There are already light novels, but everyone knows that the novels aren't canon. If they were that would be a real shot in the arm for Kallen fans. Kallen's light novel has a scene where Kallen actually met Lelouch when they were children. In the scene Kallen finds a peach. A young Lelouch shows up and Kallen thinks the peach is his. She hands it over. He's about ready to leave for school when he looks back and gives it to her, without saying anything, before running to catch his bus.
That is a very adorable moment, and rather in character. It does have a real Love Hina kind of vibe though. I haven't see details of all the novels, but I have been told that some of them contradict later events of the anime.
I haven't seen a full synopsis of the Kallen light novel. I don't know if there is anything in it that contradicts events of the anime, but we can't just pick and choose which novel is canon and which aren't. Not without some official source that confirms it.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-20 at 20:09.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:11   Link #506
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Also, re-read. Again, you overplay Milly's importance. "Ally in Lelouch's cause"? Thanks to Charles, she didn't know what the hell Lelouch was originally, and no doubt saw him as an evil bastard. Again, you lose. Even if her memories weren't rewritten, I doubt she'd help someone who'd end up killing families.

Think. What would be different in the story if Milly was gone? Okay, so there'd either be no Turn 12 (oh, sorry, Stage 37) or there'd be someone else hosting the event, and chasing Arthur would have never have happened. That's it. Any old schmuck could have replaced her, or taken Lelouch in, or whatever. She changed absolutely nothing in the story. Even Rivalz has more importance than her, because if he didn't get distracted on his bike and cause Kallen and Nagata to swerve off-road, Code Geass would have never happened. Geass owes itself starting to a character who served as little more than mostly comic relief up until the final episodes of R2. Milly? She did utterly nothing notable except initiate that chase.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:59   Link #507
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Also, re-read. Again, you overplay Milly's importance. "Ally in Lelouch's cause"? Thanks to Charles, she didn't know what the hell Lelouch was originally, and no doubt saw him as an evil bastard. Again, you lose. Even if her memories weren't rewritten, I doubt she'd help someone who'd end up killing families.

Think. What would be different in the story if Milly was gone? Okay, so there'd either be no Turn 12 (oh, sorry, Stage 37) or there'd be someone else hosting the event, and chasing Arthur would have never have happened. That's it. Any old schmuck could have replaced her, or taken Lelouch in, or whatever. She changed absolutely nothing in the story. Even Rivalz has more importance than her, because if he didn't get distracted on his bike and cause Kallen and Nagata to swerve off-road, Code Geass would have never happened. Geass owes itself starting to a character who served as little more than mostly comic relief up until the final episodes of R2. Milly? She did utterly nothing notable except initiate that chase.
While I agree this person overplays Milly's importance. You seem to under play it. Yes, Milly never really influenced much of anything to the story,
Milly was a sort of ally to Lelouch in the first season, but she was never an ally to his cause. She never knew what his real cause was. She was just the girl who knew he was a prince.
After the second season her memories of Lelouch as a prince were erased, and she had no more memories of Nunnally. There is nothing to show that Jeremiah used his Geass Canceler on anyone to return her memories. The same for Rivalz memories.

I doubt she still thought Lelouch was truly evil. She strikes me as the type that would want to believe in Lelouch and morned him after his death.
Old 2008-10-20, 21:12   Link #508
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Excuse me, can we talk in the episode discussion, not here? this is Drama CD discussion where it discuss the stories about the drama inside the CDs.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 01:17   Link #509
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Well, SE5 is out and from some reviews here and there, I've heard that it's horrible.
Bad music, but sad and sentimental lyrics.
I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but getting on it right now.
More to be reflected soon.
Old 2008-11-06, 06:38   Link #510
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

おでん屋 ナナちゃん was much better than I expected.

Suzaku and Kallen's rambling (particularly Suzaku's) were absolutely hilarious.

EDIT:
It sounds like hitomi provided background vocals for Nunnally's track?

Last edited by roon; 2008-11-06 at 06:54.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 07:49   Link #511
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
what does the drama part contain (whats the story)
Old 2008-11-06, 09:04   Link #512
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Provided from my mate in LJ kitsune::
{not all of it, the first part}

Code Geass R2 Sound Episode #5 Summary // first part

Spoiler for summary first part:
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 11:37   Link #513
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Provided from my mate in LJ kitsune::
{not all of it, the first part}

Code Geass R2 Sound Episode #5 Summary // first part

Spoiler for summary first part:
All I gotta say is "WTF."

(I always wanted to see Kallen actually interacting w/ ChiChi. Although, this makes her sound a little meaner than I think she would have been if this were real.)
Old 2008-11-06, 17:40   Link #514
808080[8]
Luluko?

Tiara No Kimochi touching my heart, Nazuka Kaori's voice really smooth >_<

MOE MOE shoujo C.C-tan so cute
Nunnally rules in Odenya no Nana-chan
Spoiler for SoundEp Odenya no Nana-chan:
808080[8] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 22:45   Link #515
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

SE6 information from amazon
Link

Sorry folks, no Suzaku character song. The character song is a duo by Xingke and Gino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon site
<収録内容>
■「るるる 合コン ラプソディー」
え~っと、ルルーシュ、ロロ、ジノ、ジェレミア、スザク、ロイド、星刻、シュナイゼルたちが~ 、
カラオケボックスで~、合コンを~、しよ~と~、思ってたら~・・・・・・。
・・・阿鼻叫喚、めくるめく時間を堪能していただくしかありません・・・。
■「皇神楽耶 鬼に 会う」
8年前・・・。皇家のお姫様、神楽耶の幼少時の感動的エピソード。スザクやルルーシュとの交流、
・・・そして今日の“ゼロ”にもつながる貴重なお話です。
■「単車マン ジェレミア 全力大作戦」
ジェレミア・・・
「機械の身体に忠義の心。悪い奴らは許さない。単車マン、ジェレミア、全力戦闘モード、ここに 完成!」
ルルーシュ・・・「行け、ジェレミア!」
正義の特命少年警視ルルーシュと、邪悪帝国ブリタニア皇帝シャルル、狡猾参謀シュナイゼル、
死神皇女コーネリアらが対決するエピソード。ジェレミアの活躍でブリタニアを倒すことができる のかっ!!
本当にいいのかっ! このCDシリーズが終わってもっ!!
キャラクターソング「Reason」星刻&ジノ [緑川光&保志総一朗] (Xingke+Gino)
 作詞・作曲・編曲 酒井ミキオ

<ドラマ出演>
福山潤(ルルーシュ)、水島大宙(ロロ)、保志総一朗(ジノ)、成田剣(ジェレミア)、櫻井孝 宏(スザク)
白鳥哲(ロイド)、緑川光(黎星刻)、井上倫宏(シュナイゼル)、井上喜久子(セシル)、折笠富美子(シャ ーリー)
若本規夫(ブリタニア皇帝)、皆川純子(コーネリア)、中田譲治(ディートハルト)、かないみか(皇神楽耶 )
小清水亜美(紅月カレン)、桐原泰三(辻親八) 他

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-11-07 at 00:55. Reason: Updated cover image
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 00:15   Link #516
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
SE6 information from amazon
Link

Sorry folks, no Suzaku character song. The character song is a duo by Xingke and Gino.
Xingke and Gino!?! Seriously!!!
Old 2008-11-07, 00:34   Link #517
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I wonder what the song will be about since its a duo between the both of them.
Old 2008-11-07, 00:50   Link #518
Lie

It'll probably be on loyalty since that's the only trait they really share and both were questioned on it. I'd imagine it will be something like Xing-ke -> China/Tian-zi and Gino -> Britannia/Suzaku.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 00:58   Link #519
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Xingke and Gino!?! Seriously!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon site
キャラクターソング「Reason」星刻&ジノ [緑川光&保志総一朗] (Xingke+Gino)
 作詞・作曲・編曲 酒井ミキオ
Yes, it's Xingke and Gino.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 01:42   Link #520
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Yes, it's Xingke and Gino.
That seems like an utter waste for the last Code Geass Audio Drama. You'd think for the finale you'd want someone major. Not some lame throw away character like Gino.
Though if Suzaku's VA isn't very good at singing I can understand, but get someone better.

Tags
drama cd