AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-22, 17:57   Link #23281
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The Railgun is 3 times faster than sound right? Thor's comment at the Brunhild escaped him, I REALLY want more scenes of this struggle was practically a nullifying the other.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:02   Link #23282
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Also, does Touma now have the ability to control whether he "negates" or simply "redirects" powers now?
Touma can only use Imagine Breaker like that if the supernatural power is too powerful or massive that it cannot negate it instantly and takes more time to be negated (usually a few seconds) in that time he is able to physically grab the power and disrupt it. What he did in the fight against Leivinia was instead of directly touching the explosion he use Imagine Breaker as a wall against the explosion so it will naturally take the path of least resistance as stated in the text to blow away the wind sword.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:14   Link #23283
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Touma vs Birdway was pretty awesome, I didn't quite realize how strong she actually was. Her plan was to draw out and kill the magic god by herself... so she does actually have to be strong. Also, does Touma now have the ability to control whether he "negates" or simply "redirects" powers now?
From what I understood, the water daggers were described as a huge mass of normal attacks, while the explosion used Telesma, which is the nitroglycerin of the magic side.

He still negates magic fuelled with mana (normal stuff) in one go, but attacks using Telesma require more time to completely negate.
Instead of taking the explosion at 90°, he took it at for example 10° degrees.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:22   Link #23284
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Basically any force that is too strong for Imagine Breaker to negate outright, he can 'deflect' them away at an angle instead of taking it head on.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:40   Link #23285
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
From what I understood, the water daggers were described as a huge mass of normal attacks, while the explosion used Telesma, which is the nitroglycerin of the magic side.

He still negates magic fuelled with mana (normal stuff) in one go, but attacks using Telesma require more time to completely negate.
Instead of taking the explosion at 90°, he took it at for example 10° degrees.
He did "something" to the daggers right? Normally wouldn't they just disappear? Instead he makes them shatter and bounce off other ones.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:44   Link #23286
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He did "something" to the daggers right? Normally wouldn't they just disappear? Instead he makes them shatter and bounce off other ones.
Anything made with a physical body would shatter, like so many others before it.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:51   Link #23287
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Since we are this far now.... who here thinks that Touma's messiah syndrome has surpassed even Medaka?
I mean, did he feel that he is entitled to get sacrficed? And that everyone has sinned because he is not the victim?

BTW, only two of Birdway's attack can surpass IB's processing capacity. The telesma bomb and the slash atatck.
Old 2013-01-22, 19:10   Link #23288
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Since we are this far now.... who here thinks that Touma's messiah syndrome has surpassed even Medaka?
I mean, did he feel that he is entitled to get sacrficed? And that everyone has sinned because he is not the victim?

BTW, only two of Birdway's attack can surpass IB's processing capacity. The telesma bomb and the slash atatck.
Surpassed Medaka?
Hmm I'm not sure it's that far
Medaka used to actually believe she was born to help others

Which is similar to Fiamma

Touma just does it because he feels like it and doesn't think it's anything special
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-22, 19:17   Link #23289
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Not really. If it is an actual mass, then it will just shatter or fall apart (See Volume 6).
He just touched one of the water daggers and it shattered to pieces which flew apart. Those pieces then collided with the nearby daggers to knock them off of their original course so that there would be a safe zone where the daggers wouldn't hit.
Old 2013-01-22, 19:17   Link #23290
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Not really. If it is an actual mass, then it will just shatter or fall apart (See Volume 6).
He just touched one of the water daggers and it shattered to pieces which flew apart. Those pieces then collided with the nearby daggers to knock them off of their original course so that there would be a safe zone where the daggers wouldn't hit.
That sexy precognition
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-22, 19:19   Link #23291
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

You sure he didn't just not negate them completely because it was more effective to redirect them?
Old 2013-01-22, 19:26   Link #23292
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
You sure he didn't just not negate them completely because it was more effective to redirect them?
Translation is pretty clear.
Quote:
“Did you forget? I directly fought Fiamma of the Right.”
The unexpected event created an opening in Birdway.
Kamijou kicked off the asphalt in order to make the most use of it. He ran.
“And so I know there are powers with a pressure great enough that I can’t completely negate them with my right hand. You just have too much power, Birdway!!”
He couldn't negate the explosion as its pressure was above what Imagine Breaker can negate in one go.
Quote:
Do you mean the slash that was blown away by the explosion?
If so, maybe IB could negate that in one go, but it was already holding off the explosion. He can't negate two magics from different direction with only one hand.
Old 2013-01-22, 19:38   Link #23293
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can someone spoil me as to how Touma gets out of the jam he's in?
The flintlock at the start wasn't primed to fire. It was just a decoy. Levinia loves to take time to slowly prep her gun after all. Anyway, Mikoto comes in to aid him later
Old 2013-01-22, 20:31   Link #23294
leukrota

It's a shame that there is no "ignore user" option...
Old 2013-01-22, 20:40   Link #23295
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

You mean the only 2 that we know of don't you? Because Birdway didn't use any of her major arcana card in the fight.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:04   Link #23296
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Great fights in this chapter.

Mikoto being able to fight Brunhild due to affinity was interesting. She's still generally lower than them, but with the right affinity and circumstances, she seems to be able to hold her own.

Silvia is plain awesome and cool. I think she might be above even Acqua given how hax she is. I wonder what kind of abilities does the head Royal Maid actually posses?

Ah, the ever so classy Birdway. She's special for being a normal magician who can stand against Saints and even have the ability to beat them. Her fight against Touma was intriguing and magnificent. Touma's charming and cool lines really do it in this fight. To be able to faze and upset a high level Magnificent Bitch like Birdway is really something.

Touma and Birdway is quite the match, in a way. If Touma's IB can destroy the supernatural by being the reference point for the world's original natural state, then Birdway can destroy the supernatural through alteration of basic knowledge and assumption built up by the supernatural. One negates what's there, the other adds to what's there. Both of them can undo things most others can't.

Before NT6, I always liked the idea of having Birdway hook up with
Spoiler for ...:

Anyways, who wants to start a list for all of Birdway's attacks/abilities? The number of things she can do with the 4 elements of the minor arcana seems almost countless, and that's not even counting major arcana.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:10   Link #23297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Come to think about it, both Birdway and Spacer used only minor arcana... Could they even use major arcana?

Heck, does major arcana automatically means more 'powerful'? I know next to nothing about tarot cards so I'm just spitballing here...
Old 2013-01-22, 21:22   Link #23298
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Birdway can. She used the major arcana Hanged Man in NT3.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:22   Link #23299
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Birdway was holding back when fighting Touma. She didn't use any Major Arcana on purpose.

Really everyone uis holding back this time. Thor and Silvia did to prevent collateral damage. Brunhild didn't use any magic against Mikoto. I uess they are truely all nice people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Surpassed Medaka?
Hmm I'm not sure it's that far
Medaka used to actually believe she was born to help others

Which is similar to Fiamma

Touma just does it because he feels like it and doesn't think it's anything special
I really think Touma is getting there, when he trash talked Birdway on the whole concept of "saving people" I was already feeling uneasy.
And when he literally blames Birdway for not using him as the sacrifice, I had the same reaction as Birdway. This guy is really nuts.
Touma, it is one thing to blame Birdway for sacrficing so many people, but it is another when you blame her for not sarificing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Do you mean the slash that was blown away by the explosion?
If so, maybe IB could negate that in one go, but it was already holding off the explosion. He can't negate two magics from different direction with only one hand.
Yes, the attack from the Sword symbol. When Birdway begin looping her attacks, Touma commented that IB can't handle it.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:38   Link #23300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Birdway was holding back when fighting Touma. She didn't use any Major Arcana on purpose.

Really everyone uis holding back this time. Thor and Silvia did to prevent collateral damage. Brunhild didn't use any magic against Mikoto. I uess they are truely all nice people?
Crushing your enemy's body = Holding back.

Only in this series I guess.

Quote:
I really think Touma is getting there, when he trash talked Birdway on the whole concept of "saving people" I was already feeling uneasy.
And when he literally blames Birdway for not using him as the sacrifice, I had the same reaction as Birdway. This guy is really nuts.
Touma, it is one thing to blame Birdway for sacrficing so many people, but it is another when you blame her for not sarificing you.
I don't remember any of that ?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen