AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-17, 07:34   Link #41
mikan

Send a message via MSN to mikan
Poor Nina... poor Alexander... it was expected from the preview >_<
I like what they did to the end credits... >_>
though it is a bit sadistic..... Ed's in tears o_o it's nice to find these little details they care to do @_@

FMA's joining my list of favourite series :9
Old 2003-11-17, 07:40   Link #42
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

Well, it looks like a new series discussion section's gonna be needed for this series.
I mean, my gosh this episode caught me off gaurd(I don't watch episode previews). I actually thought this would be a predictable episode at the beginning... Anywayz, hats off ta FMA, I look forward to watchin the rest of the series.
Old 2003-11-17, 07:56   Link #43
bLizz4rD

Send a message via MSN to bLizz4rD
This episode is totally sick. Seriously too much for my tummy.

However, i note that this anime is really a good one, considering that it can draw such emotions out of it's viewers, not any anime can do.

FMA is going 3rd, just before GS n Naruto.

Cheers!
Old 2003-11-17, 08:27   Link #44
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
I found it odd that there was a full blown personality change in Tucker in these 2 episodes. I saw the hints that he did something to his wife midway through ep 7 but still the fact that he would use his daughter was a comple mindblow. It made no sense considering how he was acting before.

Why was he so sad before the transmutation? And why was he so randomly giddy after it? Makes no sense...

Also even though this is just a cartoon you people saying "he should die" should probably think more about what you're saying. Wishing death on someone isn't your place. Locked away forever... sure, but death?

I saw it comming when i heard about his wife disapearing.
I knew it from that moment that it was going to happend, But hoped it would not.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2003-11-17, 09:18   Link #45
Ash Masaki

Unhappy

I just finished watching Ep7....man Not much else can be said. I feel the same way everyone else does. FMA is an awesome anime. This was such a good episode...man so sad...

I was upset, but when they started with the shots of Nina and Alexander during the credits...I lost it...

The guy with the cursed arm is already quite an interesting character. The whole thing about his brother cursed him with the strange markings on his arm. And something about using his curse to kill those who used alchemy against god. Very interesting.
Old 2003-11-17, 10:22   Link #46
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Masaki
I was upset, but when they started with the shots of Nina and Alexander during the credits...I lost it...
They did it to increase the dramatic effect. Damn them for doing that dont they have a heart, the girl just died.
Old 2003-11-17, 11:12   Link #47
McGrugg
Gruggy Wuggy Lubs j00

Send a message via AIM to McGrugg Send a message via MSN to McGrugg
Cool

Seems like a lot of people knew it was going to happen. I didn't have a clue it was going to end like that.

Poor Nina and Alexander. If only that general hadn't have kicked Ed and Al out! They may have been able to stop it! I blame the outcome entirely on that general!
Old 2003-11-17, 12:21   Link #48
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrugg
Seems like a lot of people knew it was going to happen. I didn't have a clue it was going to end like that.

Poor Nina and Alexander. If only that general hadn't have kicked Ed and Al out! They may have been able to stop it! I blame the outcome entirely on that general!
People who have been reading the manga translations already knew the outcome. These events transpire during Chapter 5 of the manga, though in the present instead of the past. It's just as sad there too, after you've seen all the amazing things Ed and Al have done, and then they can't even save Nina.

As for the general, I think he already did know what was going to happen and wanted the two of them out of the house so they wouldn't be able to stop it. After all, he was talking about one-upping Roy earlier, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 2003-11-17, 12:58   Link #49
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Just saw it, very good. When I say all those caged in Chimeras it becamse prett yobvious who had been killing the ladies in town but to do that to his own daughter is pretty sick.
Old 2003-11-17, 13:03   Link #50
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

It's obivous that Tucker was the serial killer. the dead female bodies they found where of failed chimera experiments.
Old 2003-11-17, 15:02   Link #51
Mithel

Just like the manga, the tone of this anime goes downhill fast.

Happy...mildly tragic...sad...DEATH! BLOOD! MURDER OF INOCENTS! ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE REAPER'S SCYTHE!

I think it has the potential to be just as popular as Naruto, though.
Old 2003-11-17, 16:56   Link #52
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel
Just like the manga, the tone of this anime goes downhill fast.

Happy...mildly tragic...sad...DEATH! BLOOD! MURDER OF INOCENTS! ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE REAPER'S SCYTHE!

I think it has the potential to be just as popular as Naruto, though.
Its better then Naruto anyday
Old 2003-11-17, 17:11   Link #53
tkcom
Killjoy-sama

R.I.P. Nina & Alexander - we will miss you.
Such nice characters. Maybe we should do a tribute video about them - a clips show perhaps.

Anyway, my thought was that the chimera ran off to Hughes's house and live with his family. [sigh]

TK
Old 2003-11-17, 17:26   Link #54
`Naru`
Q(._. Q)

hmm...is Ed in love? he wrote a letter and felt embarrassed when he was questioned by Nina
Old 2003-11-17, 17:31   Link #55
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Naru`
hmm...is Ed in love? he wrote a letter and felt embarrassed when he was questioned by Nina
Well I think he probably likes Winly, the blonde girl from the flashbacks to when he and Al were living in their parents house. From the previews for the next ep it looks like she may be making an appearance and visiting them. And she's shown in the opening with a wrench on the bed.

So I'd guess she has a role to play.
Old 2003-11-17, 17:46   Link #56
Starfall
Overmind

Send a message via MSN to Starfall
First reaction: GYAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! Releasing kyuubi chakra!!!!!
DAMN I want to kill that Tucker #"@(#!

Second reaction: Buhuuu Nina is dead.............

Third reaction: (after watching the "next episode preview") Maybe they can bring her back to life......

Third 1/2 reaction: No, thats impossible, Buhuuu Nina is dead...........

Fourth reaction: (at night) -I can't sleep...........
Old 2003-11-17, 17:54   Link #57
Pebble

Tucker being a mad scientist and transmuting his own daughter after acting so sad and kind before was so inconceivable for me that I only realized it at the last moment. And then, Tucker's reasons were so weak : "mankind has evolved through countless numbers of experiments on humans" or "I just experimented because the possibility was there". How pitiful.

Apart from that, there are some points I can't understand well :
- How could Tucker be the serial killer ? Dead bodies would have been useless to transmute the chimera. And even if the women were killed by the transmutation, why would Tucker have dragged the corpses in some alley ? And why would he use women only ?
- About the guy with the brand on his arm. In the end, he said he understood its purpose : "It is to use the same devilish techniques that the alchemists who disobey God use… to destroy them". Then why did it kill Nina/Alexander, who was a only a victim ?

Oh and by the way, I really loved the scene with Ed writing a letter to Winly ^^
Old 2003-11-17, 17:59   Link #58
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

interesting, if you had the choice would you let the chimera live or die? I think they did the right thing and killed it rather than let it live
Old 2003-11-17, 18:19   Link #59
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebble
- About the guy with the brand on his arm. In the end, he said he understood its purpose : "It is to use the same devilish techniques that the alchemists who disobey God use… to destroy them". Then why did it kill Nina/Alexander, who was a only a victim ?
I can help you with that one - because he didn't think it right that Nina and Alexander should have to continue living in that horrible shape when there was nothing anyone could do to reverse it. He also prayed for their souls.

We also know from the way he's been acting that his idea of justice is a bit wild...and now he's after Shou
Old 2003-11-17, 19:28   Link #60
Tensai_kamen
Inactive Member

Damn this episode. It is so sad that it makes me afraid to watch it all over again. Even the sadness in Saikano cannot compare to this....
Closed Thread