AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-31, 17:45   Link #1
NeoSam

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu‎ Ni! (Second Season)

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu‎ by Inoue Kenji (author) and Haga Yui (illustrator) will be getting a second season TV anime adaptation.

バカとテストと召喚獣
Baka to Tesuto to Shoukanjuu‎
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu‎ (Baka and Test and Shoukanjuu)

Official anime site:
http://www.bakatest.com/

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series for boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Famitsu Bunko.
Currently there are 10 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

From MangaUpdates:

Quote:
The protagonist is a guy who is among the stupidest of the stupidest in the school. In this school, your grades can, under the supervision of teachers, take a virtual form to do combat! However, if you leave an examination half way, you get zero marks. A bright and cute girl, Mizuki Himeji, was having a high fever during the examination. Despite her potential to be the second highest scorer in the level, she obtained zero marks for having left due to her illness and is thus allocated to the worst class, class F.

Grades mean almost everything. For Class A, they have a smart-looking teacher, a plasma TV as big as the entire wall as their blackboard, personal laptops, personal air-cons, refrigerators, adjustable seats and all kinds of different appliances. Within the refrigerator, there are all kinds of drinks and snacks. Their ceiling is made of glass, the wall lets them put up high-class drawings and plants.

As for Class F, the worst class... They have Japanese desks and seat paddings. Their blackboard is dirty and there is no chalk even! Someone complains that the legs of his desk are broken, so the teacher asks, "Didn't we distribute some glue to stick wood together? Glue it back yourself later." Another one complains that wind is blowing in from the broken window. The teacher says, "I got it. I will apply for plastic bags and invisible glue to fix it later." There are spider webs everywhere, not a patch of the wall is clean. A unique moldy smell spreads across the entire room; it must be from the old tatamis used to tile the floor. This is the status of class F.

The protagonist feels displeased at such an arrangement, and seeks help from his friends to try to make a change through summoning war!! And they devise all kinds of plans to try to beat the famous class A, intending to get class A's classroom and equipment if they win!!
Author: Inoue Kenji
Illustrator: Haga Yui

A shounen manga adaptation titled Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu‎ of this shounen light novel series started serialization in the June 2009 issue of the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace (released on April 25th, 2009). The manga is drawn by Mattaku Mosuke.
Currently there are 2 volumes released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

A second shounen/seinen manga adaptation started serialization in the male oriented web comic magazine Famitsu Comic Clear on October 30th, 2009, the manga is titled:

バカとテストと召喚獣 SPINOUT! それが僕らの日常。
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu‎ SPINOUT! Sore ga Bokura no Nichijou.

The manga is drawn by namo.

Web manga's site:
http://www.famitsu.com/comic_clear/se_bakatest/

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance, Fantasy
Themes: School

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-03-31 at 18:05.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 20:12   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So what do we think - scam? Real? The series has done well, so it's not entirely far-fetched.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 03:37   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

We should at least label this thread second season.
Old 2010-04-01, 04:16   Link #4
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We should at least label this thread second season.
The minute I started this thread >_< I PMed an admin about my mistake >_< and asked him to add the "second season" to this thread's title.
Old 2010-04-01, 19:38   Link #5
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Who's this character with the derpy face?
Old 2010-04-01, 19:43   Link #6
GDB

I want to somehow say Akihisa... but that just doesn't seem plausible. I'm sticking with this theory, though.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:13   Link #7
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I want to somehow say Akihisa... but that just doesn't seem plausible. I'm sticking with this theory, though.
I'm pretty sure that's Akihisa with wig and breast pads since his frontal bangs/hair is the same. (unless Aki has some unknown twin sister that I don't know about then)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 23:53   Link #8
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

As long as I can see more of Shouko and her tazer and Hideyoshi crossdressing I cant wait for a new season
Old 2010-04-01, 23:59   Link #9
GDB

So what's the story behind Akihisa cross-dressing on that cover, assuming it is him? Is he trying to join the Hideyoshi gender?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 20:44   Link #10
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So what's the story behind Akihisa cross-dressing on that cover, assuming it is him? Is he trying to join the Hideyoshi gender?
ah nowadays you don't even need a reason for cross-dressing in anime, it just comes naturally
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 06:00   Link #11
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's Akihisa with wig and breast pads since his frontal bangs/hair is the same. (unless Aki has some unknown twin sister that I don't know about then)
I pretty sure that's Akihisa kos his face look baka like that one...

Last edited by Dragonkid11; 2010-04-03 at 06:20.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 07:43   Link #12
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I really can't see season 2 happening with wat we covered in the anime so far. Since season 1 ended with a resolved conclusion.
- Himeji continues to stay at Class F, therefore Akihisa has no urge to wage war again
- Shouko's marriage request was declined until for few years. The most we'll see again is mindless tasering and a pissed off Yuuji.
- Class F getting along with Class A, (well that's the impression I got from the last minutes and from the pairings)

I don't think we should keep the name baka test season 2, the new title should be: Baka to Test to Trap.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:13   Link #13
Midonin
Last Engage

Stories are a mutable entity. Be it stage or screen, they never end just because they end. New motivations, new events, new characters, ways will be found.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:48   Link #14
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
I really can't see season 2 happening with wat we covered in the anime so far. Since season 1 ended with a resolved conclusion.
- Himeji continues to stay at Class F, therefore Akihisa has no urge to wage war again
- Shouko's marriage request was declined until for few years. The most we'll see again is mindless tasering and a pissed off Yuuji.
- Class F getting along with Class A, (well that's the impression I got from the last minutes and from the pairings)

I don't think we should keep the name baka test season 2, the new title should be: Baka to Test to Trap.
Like what I said in the another thread...

Season 2 most likey 100% comedy+slice of life

Oh ya,and about "why aki dress like a girl" thing...

I want to said it,but mod definitely not gonna let me say something about the light novel.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:53   Link #15
Scelus
Lurker

So what will they fight over this time? Aki just wanted Himeji to go to class A but it seems like she doesn't want to go for obvious reasons (to all but Aki). I'm looking forward to this.
Scelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:17   Link #16
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Haven't gotten round to finishing the 1st season yet(all my anime has been put on hold atm) but as long as S2 has some Akira-onee-sama, I'll be a happy puppy
Old 2010-04-08, 20:28   Link #17
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Very nice to see a second season coming up here!

Quote:
That just makes it more interesting what the second season will be about
Old 2010-04-08, 20:52   Link #18
ZeKeR
Superbad

i have a feeling we'll see more antics of the inner circle.... and i highly assume that the close members of class A also went to Akihisa's inner circle of friends. and i highly believe that in the course of this series, shouko will always live up to her title of 'Electroshock Queen'
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:26   Link #19
yoropa
Director

Well, Baka Test was the most popular new anime series this season so naturally a second season is completely in order. I'm not entirely sure what direction they'd go through either, but whatever they do they'll need to add new jokes among the old jokes. As much as I love the taser and all that, a new season calls for new content.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 22:22   Link #20
Dr. Casey

Why the hell's it taking the second season of Baka Test so long to come out

It's already been about two weeks since the first season, I'm getting tired of waiting.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen