AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-26, 18:48   Link #19621
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
is that kit worth it? ive seen some images and videos about it and it seems to be pretty impressive! and i like the red frame, so id really like to have that kit... but i dont want to waste that much money^^
Well, if I were to go back in time right before I hit "SUBMIT ORDER"... I wouldn't place the order. I like the way it looks, I'm just not "in love" with it.

I jumped on the purchase for 3 reasons:
1 - It was new.
2 - The free bonus clear parts and extras that were only available for the first release.
3 - I was itching to build something.

If I could sell it for how much I paid, plus extra, I would. I could honestly say the same thing about my PG 00 Raiser. In the 00 Raiser's case, it was the display stand that was only available for either pre-orders or first release. The clear parts were sold separately.

If you really love the design, it's pilot, it's story and anything associated with it, then yeah, definitely buy it. For me, those reasons above shouldn't have justified the $250 purchase.

MINE:
optics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 18:59   Link #19622
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Then you're in a bit of a bind. PG kits are always exorbitantly expensive.
haha, of course^^ but by "wasting money" i meant that i dont want to buy a bad kit. if the kit is worth it im willing to pay! look at the PG OO raiser for example. it looks great but seems to have a TON of issues! i would be very angry after spending about 300€ for it only to find out that i cant pose it well because of the weight issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
MINE:
i really like the astray and im not goig to miss the money, i got it for christmas^^
does the kit have any big issues like the OO raiser? weight problems, stuff like the wobbly GN sword III or anyhing like that?
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 19:25   Link #19623
optics

^^^

Nope, none of that, no major issues, just small nitpicks (for me). The skirt armor will rarely get in the way. There are some pieces on the head that are pretty loose: The V-fin, has a really small tab, and just a tap would knock it off. There are 3 pieces on the back of the head that are also loose, but that makes it easier to access the LED switch. Side mid section armor would pop off sometimes.
Old 2010-12-26, 19:29   Link #19624
bunyiper
~Will work for food :3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Painting that 1/144 Char figure must have been a real pain.
yup I totally know what you mean *sigh*, I already messed up painting one of my 1/144 figure that I totally snapped

Credits to Soviet General for the Sig :3

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy him to your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination!!!!
bunyiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 21:31   Link #19625
nyerk

Hey guys, I'm building my MG 00 Qan[T] at the moment, and I cannot get the large clear green piece in the middle of the leg to stay put! I'm lining up all the notches and lines, I've carefully trimmed the piece, and it falls out every time.... Any ideas? I never had this problem with MG Exia..
nyerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 00:32   Link #19626
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
Hey guys, I'm building my MG 00 Qan[T] at the moment, and I cannot get the large clear green piece in the middle of the leg to stay put! I'm lining up all the notches and lines, I've carefully trimmed the piece, and it falls out every time.... Any ideas? I never had this problem with MG Exia..
I had this problem as well. Really, it's an issue with the design... you are better off trying to come up with your own kind of solution, like either cementing or adding a bit of crazy glue to the edge to add friction.
Old 2010-12-27, 03:17   Link #19627
DV04

Dalong uses Tamiya for the GN Condensors

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m139/p/m139_48.jpg
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 03:51   Link #19628
Appel

same here. i didnt shave off the rest of the sprue very well to have a tighter fit but they still like to pop off from time to time... i didnt want to use glue because that tends to look terrible on clear parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optics View Post
^^^

Nope, none of that, no major issues, just small nitpicks (for me). The skirt armor will rarely get in the way. There are some pieces on the head that are pretty loose: The V-fin, has a really small tab, and just a tap would knock it off. There are 3 pieces on the back of the head that are also loose, but that makes it easier to access the LED switch. Side mid section armor would pop off sometimes.
that doesnt sound too bad^^ i could live with those tiny flaws. i think ill pick it up, thanks for your input!

Last edited by Appel; 2010-12-27 at 05:28.
Old 2010-12-27, 07:43   Link #19629
amurorei83

@CYBERGUNDAM BLOG

3,800Yen!? That's quite steep! Considering there's not much difference between the no grade version and this besides the additional inner frame. Most likely pass and wait for the HeavyArms and Sandrock. ShenLong was never really part of the 'Wing boys' imo.
amurorei83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 14:28   Link #19630
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Eat your heart out TV version.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 15:44   Link #19631
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
same here. i didnt shave off the rest of the sprue very well to have a tighter fit but they still like to pop off from time to time... i didnt want to use glue because that tends to look terrible on clear parts

that doesnt sound too bad^^ i could live with those tiny flaws. i think ill pick it up, thanks for your input!
Here is a tip.. Use white glue on the clear parts it will dry clear and you wont get that fog look when you use modellers glue or crazy glue. Just make sure you even out the white glue around the clear plastic.
Old 2010-12-27, 15:55   Link #19632
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Here is a tip.. Use white glue on the clear parts it will dry clear and you wont get that fog look when you use modellers glue or crazy glue. Just make sure you even out the white glue around the clear plastic.
i didnt really want to mess with the clear parts at all :P im not exactly the most handy person on earth and i didnt want to buy new glue just to put 2 pieces in place... well, 4 since the exia had the same problem.
it stays in place now fairly well, thats ok for me^^
but thanks anyway! ill keep that in mind!
Old 2010-12-27, 19:02   Link #19633
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

YEAH! Finalyy!!!! MG Shen Long. Wufei all the way!! My very first favorite Gundam character. He is a friggin bastard but that's why I basically loved him
Old 2010-12-28, 13:58   Link #19634
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Except that it's already been released, as shown by all the review pics
Impatience courses through me where a normal human would have blood.
In people's esteemed opinion, would it be worth it to get more than one of these?
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 15:20   Link #19635
optics

Finally got around to finishing up my MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka

Took a look at it the other day cuz I was thinking about picking up the Wing kits that were and are being released. When I saw it, I noticed there was alot of unfinished work. Missing some panel lining and needed decals. Damn this kit had so many decals, especially the dry transfer ones. I had to repanel line just about everything cuz the old ink was fading.
Old 2010-12-28, 15:28   Link #19636
Appel

well its a ver.ka kit, they always have a ton of decals, seals and dry transfers^^
the unicorn ver.ka comes with what feels like a bazillion decals XD but in my opinion they usually look better without them. i apply a few important dry transfers but thats usually it for me.
Old 2010-12-28, 15:40   Link #19637
optics

^^

Well this is my first and only Ver. Ka kit.

Even though it doesn't say Ver. Ka on the box, it looks like MG Deathscythe has the same amount as well. Probably because it is based on Ver. ka.
Old 2010-12-28, 16:13   Link #19638
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Eat your heart out TV version.

I liked the TV version but that is just amazing.
Old 2010-12-29, 00:35   Link #19639
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

I was Curious, I got the GN Arms Type D. How should i paint just the GN Missles but keep the frame there sticking out of white? probably Tape it up somehow? i havnt painted anything so small/precise before Thanks

Spoiler for :
Old 2010-12-29, 03:50   Link #19640
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Jesus H Christ!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2010/1...fer-by_28.html
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy