AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-29, 21:07   Link #41
riftwing

I use GQview.
Old 2004-08-29, 21:15   Link #42
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Hurray for another GQView'er. I'm using GQView more and more these days. I use it whenever I need to view any image, because its so easy to cycle thru all the images in a directory, it has nice zooming and panning functions, and its super easy to get the properties of each image. I don't care whatcha all use, GQView owns you.
Old 2004-08-29, 21:26   Link #43
Archaic

I use an older (And full, not trial) version of ACDSee. Seems to have a few less memory hog problems, though its non-support of RAR format can be a bit annoying at times.
Old 2004-11-09, 05:29   Link #44
Jeffrey Ruebel

viewing manga

what is the best program to view png files

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-11-09 at 06:06. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before creating a new thread!!!~!!
Old 2004-11-09, 05:40   Link #45
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I've been using the windows xp preview thingy. My desktop resolution is big enough to make it easy, imo.
Old 2004-11-09, 05:49   Link #46
Jeffrey Ruebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
I've been using the windows xp preview thingy. My desktop resolution is big enough to make it easy, imo.

I have window 2000
Old 2004-11-09, 12:52   Link #47
Obit

I use ACDSee 6.. It's quite an ingenious little app
In addition to browsing images (doh) it can also handle many other file manager tasks that windows explorer can't, such as very flexible batch rename, flawlessly open compressed files as though it was any other folder, etc.
Old 2004-11-10, 03:00   Link #48
hatori
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu
I use a Chinese program called ComicsViewer (the English version, mind you)
Thanks for the tip! I was using the WinXP image viewer on fullscreen up till now and had to go *really* close to my small monitor or zoom in to read small words. I'm so glad I don't have that problem now in ComicsViewer.
Old 2004-11-10, 09:19   Link #49
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Someone should tabulate the results just for kicks

But I use Irfanview. Small progam, fast loadout and free. Also plays media files using your codecs, makes a decent screen capper and has basic image editing tools . Good set of additional functions

Acdsee if I face zip/rar files though.
Old 2006-04-24, 22:32   Link #50
lafiel_

Comics Viewer

I just found out about this on a blog and wanted to share.
Been using it and it's great!
It's a manga viewer called "comics viewer".
Opens ZIP and RAR without the need to unzip. No need to change to cbr.
Extremely fast. (press enter for next page, backspace for back page, the arrow keys to quickly move about in a page.)
Small (585kb) and no need to install.

Savefile Download Link:
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6187842

Official site to download, slow but the file's only 585KB.
http://www.comicer.com/stronghorse/s...Viewer_eng.zip

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-04-24 at 23:52. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-04-24, 22:44   Link #51
SomeWhiteGuy

Meh, I use Irfan Viewer. Basicly the same as the Winblows Image/Fax viewer, only it can do full screen and lock-zoom as going through images.
Old 2006-04-25, 00:09   Link #52
night train

I prefer using Picwalker or ACDSee pro to view mangas. Saves me the trouble of unzipping files and the ability to customize hotkeys are handy for reading volumes.
Old 2006-04-25, 00:22   Link #53
tempco

CDisplay - the best image viewing program I've used by far.
Old 2006-04-25, 06:58   Link #54
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Using Hamana myself. Can view images inside zip and rar files, so I never bother extracting from them
Old 2006-11-14, 02:01   Link #55
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiet View Post
Using Hamana myself. Can view images inside zip and rar files, so I never bother extracting from them
I just downloaded this, and this is amazing! Such a powerful free image viewer. I like the fact that the functions associated with each key is fully customizable. This is the first viewer I've seen where you can bind a series of commands, even if-then-else conditions(!), to a key. And the effects when you move between images is so cool. You can easily browse through many folders of zipped up images with no problem. The UI makes it easy to quickly browse through many images too, like with the twin image setting.

The original key bindings takes some getting used to, but since one can easily change them the only complaint is the slight learning curve especially if you can't read the Japanese website and manual (I can't ). I think this will be my new image viewer.
Old 2006-11-14, 05:04   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I use ACDsee Classic, which is about version 3 of a program that's up to version 6 now. Quick, simple and I can configure it not to take up too much screen when browsing thumbnails or previews. I find it easier to use than IrfanView. I use an older laptop, so need a program that doesn't use much resources. But I'll be trying a few of the suggestions in this thread. Thanks for starting the thread.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-12-12, 19:38   Link #57
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just to bring back an old thread.

I used to use ACDSee. It was a bit of a hog but it had MANY functions. Including Zips. The version I had (4 I think) had an issue with viewing Rars.

I tried GQViewer. It was ok but you had to install a GTK2.0 Toolkit before using it. Nice viewer but didn't do Raws and Zips.

Finally I settled on Hanami. Chinese Website, but English Program. Hehe. Works on Zips and Rars, and also has a real neat 'dissolve' when you go from page to page.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-12-13, 15:13   Link #58
Hydex

Just found Hamana, great program ! The only thing that annoys me is the effect between pages, and I can't find how to disable it?
Old 2007-01-27, 14:36   Link #59
MugenIchiban

Wow, I didn't even know there programs to view manga with. I just used rar to extract and then used windows picture and fax viewer.

Do those other programs make viewing the manga better or somethin'?
Old 2007-01-27, 22:22   Link #60
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenIchiban View Post
Wow, I didn't even know there programs to view manga with. I just used rar to extract and then used windows picture and fax viewer.

Do those other programs make viewing the manga better or somethin'?
Well considering ACDSee and Hanami will automatically go into a Rar or Zip and allow you to view interior files without unpacking them, it's well worth it.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Closed Thread