AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-04, 18:39   Link #1
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Gundam SEED Destiny to air in Canada

http://animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=271

Looks like Bandai has finally given "official" confirmation that, despite the fact that there are no plans for a US broadcast, Gundam SEED Destiny will be airing on Canadian television.

No details yet, but I would expect to hear more in a couple of weeks when YTV releases information on their Fall Schedule.

Last edited by Pepperidge; 2006-07-04 at 23:01.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 22:13   Link #2
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Great news! I can't wait for September and YTV's new batch of anime series.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 22:20   Link #3
Knightmare213

I'm probably guessing that it'll be shown on YTV. No surprise there since they were the one who showed SEED in the first place (in Canada).

Or is it possible that they'll show this on Teletoon? Only reason I can think why is because of the 'Angel-Bath,' final OP (if it's shown) and of course, every scene with Meer's...puppies.

EDIT: Scratch what I've just said. I just went to the AnimeNewsNetwork.com and found this info in their AX coverage part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN-AX Bandai Coverage Article
Later in the panel, a question was asked about Gundam returning to TV, but the panelists said that there are no plans for more on US TV at this time, however Gundam Seed Destiny will be airing on YTV in Canada.
Looks like YTV's gonna have a monopoly for canadian viewers. Meh...as long as I get to see the English dubs of Destiny.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 22:28   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Teletoon? Aquire, let alone show, a popular series? What are you smoking?

Anyway, this is good news, now I just have to find the time to watch the broadcasts of SEED on YTV. I've yet to managed to watch two consequative episodes due to the horrible local airing time and my conflicting schedual.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 23:43   Link #5
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Really? YTV has been rerunning the hell out of GS recently. Despite the fact that it's on its third run (if you count the weekday showing from last year), they still run encores for each episode, which they don't even do for a lot of their newer shows, like Case Closed. Are the ratings really that good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213
Or is it possible that they'll show this on Teletoon? Only reason I can think why is because of the 'Angel-Bath,' final OP (if it's shown) and of course, every scene with Meer's...puppies.
They air Bob and Margaret, which has relatively graphic cartoon nudity and some sexual content, so I doubt anything like that would be a problem. YTV has shown worse, trust me.
Old 2006-07-05, 01:24   Link #6
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Unfortunately, as they don't seem to do week night showings anymore, the only time I'm able to watch it is the incredibly ackward time of 2:30am Friday mornings.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 00:51   Link #7
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Damnit! I really hope YTV releases their fall schedule details within the next couple of days. They got them out the first week of July last year, so why the delay this time around?

Oh well, it can't be worse than two years ago when they announced Gundam SEED less than two weeks before it debuted.
Old 2006-08-06, 22:12   Link #8
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Talking

I'm psyched to watch the English dub of GSD bc i'm used to it. I will be looking forward to Miroku making an "appearance" as Rey Za Burell. I will be trying to get a copy of the last 5-10 episodes of GSD on DVD, like i did for SEED from the States because I can't wait 1.5 years to watch all fifty episodes. So everyone cross their fingers that I get my hands on that DVD...
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 22:26   Link #9
X207
Gamyūsa

gsd is on realitylapse.com, if that helps u out any
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 23:55   Link #10
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Only possible channels I'm thinking of is YTV and/or Razor(Pay channel which currently just announce that they have anime from a commercial I've saw). Only "anime" related shows I see on teletoon are afternoon cartoons aimed at younger viewers...Whatever happened to Megaman EXE?

Looks like seed is just about to end it's third run on YTV, the last episode I saw was the nuclear attack on Zaft and the reveiling of Genesis.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 00:22   Link #11
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207
gsd is on realitylapse.com, if that helps u out any
For some reason the downloading screws up sometimes. Like sometimes i can only see partial episodes. Know any other good websites??
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 11:11   Link #12
EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON
Aleks!

Now don't be too confident. I've heard and read that YTV is airing Bleach for the fall schedule. The 3rd (i think) reshowning of Gundam Seed is coming to a close this weekend, if they air both episode 49 and 50 (like they've done before) or next week.
I would love for Gundam Seed Destiny to start up once Gundam Seed ends but once again it's for them to decide.

... Those anybody else think its wrong for a kids show (Monster Warriors) to be showing on Bionix? And while Im at it WHERE'D ALL THE ANIME GO!
EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 15:28   Link #13
EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON
Aleks!

Exclamation Gundam Seed Destiny is CONFIRMED! on YTV

This is not my post but a post from a User on YTV, AnimeDudde

AnimeDudde:

This is from 3 of internets most trusted anime sources, and also from LIVE sources.

Bandai has confirmed at Anime Expo that GSD will air on YTV, when somebody asked about Gundam returning to USA TV. This is probably the first series that will be airing on YTV before, and if, it ever airs in the US, which is highly unlikely.

Considering SEEDS success here, it was kind of obvious. Why else woiuld they rerun SEED for the 4th time... most likely it will start airing this fall, but take note that it has been CONFIRMED, so it will air soon. Not that i see anything too special about it, not a big fan of Destiny, but since it never aird in the US it makes it all the more sweeter :P

Great news for Canadian Anime Watchers!

~Aleks

PS. Eureka Seven, Bleach and (?)Invader Zim(?)
EQFU-3X_D.R.A.G.O.ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 00:06   Link #14
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Unfortunately, YTV is still insisting that Destiny isn't "confirmed" yet. And with the September line-up consisting of Inuyasha, Eureka Seven, Invader Zim, and Bleach, it's looking unlikely that Destiny will be in the fall debuts. Personally I suspect that it will replace Inuyasha after it ends, but there's just no telling these days.
Old 2006-08-14, 00:31   Link #15
Nesty

great now more canadian anime kids can go nutz over horrid storylines ^_^
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote