AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-30, 22:05   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky
Done. And sorry first, but.... one note: a lot of people here read the manga before and well, I think you are right about not to reveal anything substantial, but yet you cant stop manga readers from talking about what they would expect from the adaptation.
Thanks a lot Chucky! That was quick!

I don't know about others but personally, I don't have any problem with manga readers' talking about their expectation/disappointment as long as they are talking about a corresponding episode and doesn't reveal anything beyond that will happen in the future. I've seen a lot of sensible posters like Sushi-Y, Hunter do a lot of comparison between the original source and the anime adaptation in spoilers. I enjoy reading such posts since those kind of posts give me a better insight of an episode and even clear up certain things that remained vague until then.

Anyway, this is an open forum where everyone is entitled to share their opinion and enjoy it just as much as the next posters, let it be the manga-readers or the anime-only viewers as long as they don't ruin it for each other. I'll join your campaign of rooting out any discrimination against the manga readers if there is even any hint of it.
Old 2006-09-30, 22:13   Link #62
chucky
Always impatient

Well, the anime is prolly the highlight of this fall(?) and no matter how dissapointed a lot of people were by the manga, it is almost like a must-watch. I think it is very unfair to pass judgment of the anime based on the blunders in the manga. But I really doubt they have the authority to change the story at hand.

I think we can ask good and interesting questions about adaption: we have some good ones about mushishi the movie(!) but adaptation from manga to movie is very different from to anime. In most of the cases people are looking for faithfulness in anime adaptation, and that's very understandable -- but should the animators, assuming they have the right to change whatever they what, rewrite the story the way they see fit, esp after massive negative responses of manga readers indicating sort of a plot change may earn more popularity(or even aesthetically comes to a full circle)?

I think it is a tough question and have no easy answer, but again, no one can be sure where this Death Note anime will go and we will have to wait and see.
Old 2006-10-01, 12:18   Link #63
Dernhelm
High on Jin

if there's going to be fillers, i want fillers of the Wammy House. good times.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Old 2006-10-01, 20:11   Link #64
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
I noticed the episode count listed in ANN:

http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...me.php?id=6592

It's says 37 episodes are planned. That's a really odd number to use unless that number holds some significance. Nonethless that should be enough, right?
Someone made that up. There is no episode count listed on any japanese site.
Old 2006-10-02, 01:04   Link #65
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
i watch the live action on yourtube, read about it on wikipedia and kinda like the idea..seems cool

also the actor who play Light on youtube one is the one on Battle Royale

looking forward to the animated series
Old 2006-10-02, 09:31   Link #66
Dernhelm
High on Jin

extended trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_mkXrmJuco

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Old 2006-10-02, 10:06   Link #67
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks a lot Dernhelm~ If that's not total awesomeness, then I don't know what is. *wobbles* 1 DAY LEFT!!
Old 2006-10-02, 17:18   Link #68
ihavelonghair

man this is going to be sick. the animation itself gives off a good vibe. but it would be even better if someone can sub it in english for us non japanese folk
Old 2006-10-02, 17:21   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow its nearly out! ^_^ normally i avoid watching a raw cause it spoils too much but this time its a big exception

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-03, 12:50   Link #70
Karnot
Banned

The Ryuuku's voice is extremely unsatisfyingly ordinary...i'd say more traditional "monster movie" booming would suit him much better.
Old 2006-10-03, 13:53   Link #71
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Wow, simply mind blowing. The OP video theme was really something.

This show rocks, the music is amazing when Light was writing the names. The animation, suigoi!!!

The anime of the season people. The whole meeting with Ryuk and Light, intense!
________
Honda cl350

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:33.
Old 2006-10-03, 13:56   Link #72
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps (Summary coming soon)

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-03, 15:56   Link #73
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It seems the first episode is out. Those screencaps look great.

As long as they go with the flow of the manga, the anime is destined to be great. Only the mind game parts (major part) will be tricky, hopefully they can succeed presenting those parts without losing their intensity.

Lastly, I hope they take into account the concerns of the manga followers and have a different ending than the manga. I don't wanna also finish the anime in a highly unsatisfied way (kind of Berserk way).
Old 2006-10-03, 15:58   Link #74
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The first episode was amazing.

I was generally bored by the manga (of which I've read a couple of volumes), but boy does the anime spice things up.

No, don't worry, the long brooding sequences of nothing but dialogue and thinking are still there, however they introduce spectacular dynamism into the moments where Light is feeling the pangs of his God Complex.

It's simply amazing to have a look into Light's sociopathic brain when he finally realizes the significance of the Death Note and what it can make out of Light himself.

The OP and ED are great, full of really awesome animation and the setting up of all the major conflicts. As Omni has already mentioned, the fact that they've illuminated Light's eyes gives him quite a creepy feel. You really do start believing in Light's maniacal character. He is that real.
Old 2006-10-03, 15:59   Link #75
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Lastly, I hope they take into account the concerns of the manga followers and have a different ending than the manga. I don't wanna also finish the anime in a highly unsatisfied way (kind of Berserk way).
Well, for me, "taking into account the concerns of the manga followers" would mean sticking to the manga as faithfully as they did with Monster (which also had a somewhat controversial ending). I would feel extremely betrayed if they went to all these lengths to accurately portray the characters and all the rest of the plot, only to drop the ball on the end. The manga ending is by no means universally disliked.
Old 2006-10-03, 16:06   Link #76
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Some way I'd love to see it to be faithful to the manga till end. Because it would be like deceiving and I think it loses its tense if it takes different route even its just the end.

Edit:
OP and ED weren't to my taste or maybe because its just because first it feels like it don't fit in mood. But liked background music. Character voices seemed bit weird because was imagined them bit different so it takes few eps to get used to them. It looked very good.

Last edited by Anacone; 2006-10-03 at 16:19.
Old 2006-10-03, 16:19   Link #77
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Well, for me, "taking into account the concerns of the manga followers" would mean sticking to the manga as faithfully as they did with Monster (which also had a somewhat controversial ending). I would feel extremely betrayed if they went to all these lengths to accurately portray the characters and all the rest of the plot, only to drop the ball on the end. The manga ending is by no means universally disliked.
There will always be diversity in opinions regarding the end of a story. But, if a great diversity is present for an ending, I think the anime creators would definitely take into account that part. It can fail but still they will not ignore that concern.
Spoiler for indirect information related to the manga:
Old 2006-10-03, 16:29   Link #78
Super Ska Master

Well, it had a forced ending, because the authors were forced by their editor to end it. It wasn't volluntary.
Old 2006-10-03, 16:34   Link #79
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
Well, it had a forced ending, because the authors were forced by their editor to end it. It wasn't volluntary.
I didn't know that. I just made a search and couldn't find any information on that. Do you know the reasons for that?
Old 2006-10-03, 16:35   Link #80
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I've also heard various rumors about the ending, but I have yet to see anything concrete to support them.
Closed Thread