Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 17:17   Link #30201
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Always ALWAYS cut the inner frame out. It's like you said, it's made out of the same material as poly caps, but with some hard plastic parts too. Trying to bend them out will definitely break or damage them.

As for the actual parts, after you cut them out there are sometimes little nubs between joints(mostly near elbows and knees) that you still need to cut off. Also remember to loosen the joints before you put everything together, RG inner frames are pretty stiff oob
I think my post was misunderstood - of course I'm going to cut them out! I'm just not sure what to do with them afterward. Do the instructions specify the particular nubs/parts between the joints I need to cut out? I'm afraid of cutting the wrong part. Thanks for answering my question anyway.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 19:45   Link #30202
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Do the instructions specify the particular nubs/parts between the joints I need to cut out? I'm afraid of cutting the wrong part. Thanks for answering my question anyway.
IMO the manual will tell you all the parts need to cut by really paying close attention to the pictures of the actual parts before cutting. It’s not that difficult considering so many people are able to pull it off . I myself is in the process of building my RG Justice Deactive (along with HG Aesculapius). It's a slow progress considering I'm so busy with work now (plus, it's Ramadhan. I need to do fasting and extensive praying at night).
Old 2013-07-10, 20:05   Link #30203
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
I think my post was misunderstood - of course I'm going to cut them out! I'm just not sure what to do with them afterward. Do the instructions specify the particular nubs/parts between the joints I need to cut out? I'm afraid of cutting the wrong part. Thanks for answering my question anyway.
Yep I definitely misunderstood

Im looking through the manual, the only part that looks specifies what to cut is the waist unit. Everything else (just arms and legs) is marked with a line and a small sentence.

I've built every standard released RG to date, so I can tell you it's really easy to notice what to cut just from looking at the actual part. As helpful as the manual is, the angle of the pictures sometimes make you miss nubs
Old 2013-07-11, 05:10   Link #30204
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IMO the manual will tell you all the parts need to cut by really paying close attention to the pictures of the actual parts before cutting. It’s not that difficult considering so many people are able to pull it off . I myself is in the process of building my RG Justice Deactive (along with HG Aesculapius). It's a slow progress considering I'm so busy with work now (plus, it's Ramadhan. I need to do fasting and extensive praying at night).
I'm really busy with the army right now so I doubt I'll be able to finish my Justice quickly. Will try to start on it this weekend, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Yep I definitely misunderstood

Im looking through the manual, the only part that looks specifies what to cut is the waist unit. Everything else (just arms and legs) is marked with a line and a small sentence.

I've built every standard released RG to date, so I can tell you it's really easy to notice what to cut just from looking at the actual part. As helpful as the manual is, the angle of the pictures sometimes make you miss nubs
I see, thanks! The sentences that label the arms and legs don't say anything important, right?
Old 2013-07-12, 21:11   Link #30205
Providenceangle

Who's built the Strike RM? Is it any good? Worth getting?
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 06:30   Link #30206
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Who's built the Strike RM? Is it any good? Worth getting?
I suggest you go to rrobbert184 youtube channel.. He has a full review of the Strike RM. Sorry I couldn't help you out anymore.
Old 2013-07-13, 10:04   Link #30207
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I suggest you go to rrobbert184 youtube channel.. He has a full review of the Strike RM. Sorry I couldn't help you out anymore.
I've watched it already. I just don't feel his reviews reflect the average person. I wanna hear from someone who bought the kit and is happy with their purchase. A "community" response... I guess? lol
Old 2013-07-13, 13:03   Link #30208
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
I've watched it already. I just don't feel his reviews reflect the average person. I wanna hear from someone who bought the kit and is happy with their purchase. A "community" response... I guess? lol
I have yet to build mine, but according to other YT-reviews and people in a Gunpla-related Facebook-group, the Strike Ver RM is pretty amazing. Oh, and on Dalong.net it is the best rated kit out of the 5 GAT-X kits. Hope that helps
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 13:12   Link #30209
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I have yet to build mine, but according to other YT-reviews and people in a Gunpla-related Facebook-group, the Strike Ver RM is pretty amazing. Oh, and on Dalong.net it is the best rated kit out of the 5 GAT-X kits. Hope that helps
At least that's something lol. I'll have to pick it up for myself... I wish I could get the chance to paint my kits. So busy lately, I just don't have the time to seriously paint. Got like 30 kits to paint lol.

Sadly I'm having to wait on the RG GP01. Well I'm being loyal to my favorite site is all.

Edit: So yeah... I just put an order on for the Strike RM, MG Nu, MG Freedom, HG Nu, HG Bawoo(I had this back in 2004 but lost it so)

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-13 at 14:10.
Old 2013-07-13, 23:02   Link #30210
Skye629

Quote:
At least that's something lol. I'll have to pick it up for myself... I wish I could get the chance to paint my kits. So busy lately, I just don't have the time to seriously paint. Got like 30 kits to paint lol.

Sadly I'm having to wait on the RG GP01. Well I'm being loyal to my favorite site is all.

Edit: So yeah... I just put an order on for the Strike RM, MG Nu, MG Freedom, HG Nu, HG Bawoo(I had this back in 2004 but lost it so)
Which Bawoo did you order? Im thinking of picking up one due to its design (one of my fav ZZ suits)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 07:07   Link #30211
Appel

I tried some macro photography:

Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 08:05   Link #30212
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Which Bawoo did you order? Im thinking of picking up one due to its design (one of my fav ZZ suits)
The green production suit. Kinda funny, I originally had the orange commander type(I think that's right), and painted it green. I bought it locally and didn't know there was a normal version.

I hope bandai makes mg chaos, gaia, abyss! Take my money already!! lol

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-14 at 12:56.
Old 2013-07-14, 16:25   Link #30213
Skye629

Quote:
The green production suit. Kinda funny, I originally had the orange commander type(I think that's right), and painted it green. I bought it locally and didn't know there was a normal version.

Oh nice! Thats the one I want too! The one u originally had was Glemy's version
Old 2013-07-14, 19:03   Link #30214
Providenceangle

Quote:
Oh nice! Thats the one I want too! The one u originally had was Glemy's version
I guess.. I look at pictures online but I only remember painting that kit with paint brush... I guess I'm getting too old lol.

Anyone build the MC High Grade gundooms? I wanna buy the nu ground type. As it look awesome but, I'm scared to order from any places I've found. I understand why they aren't trust worthy looking websites,(obvious copy's of bandai's property, regardless of the differences) but ordering from some fishy looking site, has it's obvious concerns.

Also anyone here play gundam breaker?

Last edited by Providenceangle; 2013-07-14 at 19:29.
Old 2013-07-14, 23:33   Link #30215
Skye629

Quote:
I guess.. I look at pictures online but I only remember painting that kit with paint brush... I guess I'm getting too old lol.

Anyone build the MC High Grade gundooms? I wanna buy the nu ground type. As it look awesome but, I'm scared to order from any places I've found. I understand why they aren't trust worthy looking websites,(obvious copy's of bandai's property, regardless of the differences) but ordering from some fishy looking site, has it's obvious concerns.

Also anyone here play gundam breaker?
Check out Prime92's reviews of the Gundoom kits, they're not bad, but not my cup of tea (prefer the HGUC simple design over the Evolve styling). Check all of her Gundoom vids, might give you an idea where to get them if you are set on getting one. There's also ebay but that may be more expensive.

Not a huge fan of bootlegs either, but I admit they make great kits to cannibalize for customs and mods though XD
Old 2013-07-15, 06:20   Link #30216
Providenceangle

Quote:
Check out Prime92's reviews of the Gundoom kits, they're not bad, but not my cup of tea (prefer the HGUC simple design over the Evolve styling). Check all of her Gundoom vids, might give you an idea where to get them if you are set on getting one. There's also ebay but that may be more expensive.

Not a huge fan of bootlegs either, but I admit they make great kits to cannibalize for customs and mods though XD
Nah I can't justify the 20% markup. I don't trust the sites I do find(reading lots of bad), so I'll just have to not have them :P.
I really like those designs. Need some work but, I like the feet and such. Ah well.
Old 2013-07-15, 07:23   Link #30217
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Speaking of which, any idea why Bandai hasn't done a HD HG GSD line like they did with SEED? I know no one cares for them, but I'm thinking of picking up a HG Gaia Gundam myself.
Old 2013-07-15, 08:17   Link #30218
Providenceangle

Quote:
Speaking of which, any idea why Bandai hasn't done a HD HG GSD line like they did with SEED? I know no one cares for them, but I'm thinking of picking up a HG Gaia Gundam myself.
I hope they reproduce the Impulse soon at least. Everyone is back ordered. Maybe they will do RM or something...
Old 2013-07-15, 19:39   Link #30219
Skye629

Quote:
Maybe the SEED HG RM line did not sell as expected?

OR

better yet they're completely updating/building from scratch the DESTINY HGs.......one can hope lol
Old 2013-07-15, 20:08   Link #30220
Providenceangle

Quote:
Maybe the SEED HG RM line did not sell as expected?

OR

better yet they're completely updating/building from scratch the DESTINY HGs.......one can hope lol
Don't hold your breath! lol

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy