AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 16:11   Link #20621
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Awesome Tsukune is AWESOME!

I do hope that he gets to see Moka while looking all cool like that, and have to fight while she's looking on from the sidelines. Ura would sure be creaming herself if Tsukune was pulling off things she never taught him, and would be wagering that if they spared, she may have a chance of losing to him. If by chance he was facing off against Akua or Kahlua and actually winning, that could certainly begin to flip her notions about her being able to be with him as more than a friend.
Old 2011-07-22, 18:03   Link #20622
GrimJack

it isn't the first time Ikeda has drawn Tsukune with different eyes. Just the first time he has coloured it.

I think it is to represent the two halves of his "soul" so to speak

bought Volume 5 today (and Cross Game 4) it finally came into my local store.

colour page is a mini poster of Moka and the Watermelon Jack o Lantern

Omake is about San's time at Youkai (with Gin and Karate lolicon)
Old 2011-07-22, 18:26   Link #20623
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
colour page is a mini poster of Moka and the Watermelon Jack o Lantern
You saw that too eh? That volume in my Barnes n Noble was the one with the most bent back cover of them all
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 20:27   Link #20624
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Spoiler for Awesome Tsukune Artwork :D!:

This is some awesome stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
what was that?... I think it was the sound of all the girls screaming as they drool
screaming, drooling, just about ready to challenge the "harem" girls for him... seeing as how Moka is locked up right now and unable to stop me

muahahahaha
Old 2011-07-23, 02:02   Link #20625
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for Awesome Tsukune Artwork :D!:

This is some awesome stuff
Bishounen alert!

Wow Is that even Tsukune anymore? Where's my goofy Tsukune?

Oh wait...

Spoiler for repost:
Old 2011-07-23, 02:35   Link #20626
Chris38

I also agree with GrimJack that the different eyes represent two halves of Tsukune's "soul".

On the matter of Tsukune fighting against Akua in front of Moka, well I believe that there is a high possibility that something like that is going to occur, after all it's the easiest option on making both Moka's aware of how much Tsukune has changed, during Moka's and Tsukune's month long separation.

The only drawback of that particular scenario is that it raises the possibility of Alucard being reawakened in the current arc, which is not something that I would like to happen, since currently Tsukune and the others, have no chance of standing against Alucard.

On the matter of Tsukune's "human" appearance permanently changing to resemble his "vampire"form (hair color, eyes, etc.. ), I believe that, if Ikeda is actually planing to make Tsukune undergo such change, it won't occur until Tsukune's transformation is completed, which, in my opinion, hasn't happened yet
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 14:40   Link #20627
khprincessh

wow just look at the diffrence
Old 2011-07-23, 23:36   Link #20628
Chris38

Speaking about Tsukune, I can't wait to see how his "vampire form" is going to currently look like.

After all, while I don't think that Tsukune's "vampire form" is going to look the same as it did, before Tsukune underwent Tohou Fuhai's "human modification ritual", and while I doubt that Tsukune is going to look like he does in his current "berserk form", I think that Tsukune's " controlled vampire form" should partially reflect the changes that have occurred within Tsukune's body, as a side effect of Tsukune undergoing the human modification ritual.
Old 2011-07-24, 02:33   Link #20629
Tachibana
タチバナ

I hope Touhou trained Tsukune on how to use his Shinso powers, but if he didn't than it's still going to be epic when we see his Shinso powers again.
Old 2011-07-24, 02:49   Link #20630
Soji

Quote:
I hope Touhou trained Tsukune on how to use his Shinso powers, but if he didn't than it's still going to be epic when we see his Shinso powers again.
I do not know how you could come up with an idea like that.
I mean that TF does not have the knowledge to train Tsukune in the use of its Shinso power ,frankly I doubt anyone can help Tsukune in this case.
I have the impression that Tsukune have to win his Ghoul side on his own ,His friends can help him maintain his humanity, but the final victory its something that Tsukune himself have to gain.
For the rest I agree with what Chris38 said.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 03:27   Link #20631
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

With that image I want a season 3 anime of R+V which is more manga based!
Old 2011-07-24, 05:10   Link #20632
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I do not know how you could come up with an idea like that.
I mean that TF does not have the knowledge to train Tsukune in the use of its Shinso power ,frankly I doubt anyone can help Tsukune in this case.
I have the impression that Tsukune have to win his Ghoul side on his own ,His friends can help him maintain his humanity, but the final victory its something that Tsukune himself have to gain.
For the rest I agree with what Chris38 said.
It's quite simple really, if anyone has the utmost knowledge on the Shinso it's Touhou and Tenmei not just Akasha or Akua, and it's ridculously obvious that Touhou knows a lot about the Shinso as we have seen so far.

After what happened during the ritual, i'm hoping that Touhou would have trained Tsukune to control his Shinso powers and Shinso vampire form at least to an extent, especially now that he has a new body, Tsukune only had a month to prepare as well as the others.

So yes, if anyone can help Tsukune in his case it would be Touhou and Tenmei.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-07-24 at 06:10.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 05:26   Link #20633
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In other news.

Is this to good to be true?

A new Kurumu figure?

Not sure about the Japanese letters there...

png upload
Old 2011-07-24, 06:16   Link #20634
Chris38

Quote:
It's quite simple really, if anyone has the utmost knowledge on the Shinso it's Touhou and Tenmei not just Akasha or Akua, and it's ridculously obvious that Touhou knows a lot about the Shinso as we have seen so far.

After what happened during the ritual, i'm hoping that Touhou would train Tsukune to control his Shinso powers and Shinso vampire form at least to an extent, especially now that he has a new body, Tsukune only had a month to prepare as well as the others.

So yes, if anyone can help Tsukune in his case it would be Touhou and Tenmei.
Well, while Tohou Fuhai and Mikogami might provide some pointers to Tsukune on how to gain control over his Shinso powers later in the series, I doubt that Tsukune had much progress in that regard during the one month time skip, before the "Rescue Moka" operation. The reason why I think that Tsukune hadn't much time in training how to take control over his Shinso powers, is because he had to more or less learn how to effectively use youjutsu techniques from the scratch, and taking into consideration the fact that Tsukune wouldn't be capable of achieving that, without undergoing the human modification ritual, I believe that it has been quite a time consuming task, even taking into consideration the fact that Tsukune is a quick learner.

So, I doubt that Tsukune had much time to learn something else, besides youjutsu techniques, and how to effectively use them in combat.

Furthermore, after Tohou Fuhai realized that Tsukune has aqcuired Moka's Shinso blood, which as Tohou Fuhai has realized during Moka's childhood flashback, is capable of reviving Alucard.

So, do you think that he would risk teaching Tsukune how to use his Shinso powers, which could rise the possibility of Alucard awakening during the "rescue Moka" operation ?

In my opinion, Tohou Fuhai has probably done the opposite thing of teaching Tsukune how to use his Shinso blood, in other words he probably modified Tsukune's Holy Lock, so that the possibility of Tsukune's Shinso blood awakening would be very low. After all, to me the advantages that Tsukune's Shinso blood gives him are lower then the disadvantages of that particular "power", which have been accurately pointed out in the flashback to Moka's childhood.

Last edited by Chris38; 2011-07-24 at 06:28.
Old 2011-07-24, 09:40   Link #20635
Tachibana
タチバナ

Teaching Tsukune how to control the Shinso powers to prevent them from going out of control in extreme situations would be a good move on Touhou's part, but i do agree, that Tsukune shouldn't use them considering he is in close vicinity of Alucard, but in the end it doesn't really matter anyway, his Shinso powers will definitely resurface again in the future.
Old 2011-07-24, 09:57   Link #20636
Chris38

Quote:
Teaching Tsukune how to control the Shinso powers to prevent them from going out of control in extreme situations would be a good move on Touhou's part, but i do agree, that Tsukune shouldn't use them considering he is in close vicinity of Alucard, but in the end it doesn't really matter anyway, his Shinso powers will definitely resurface again in the future.
Well, I agree that Tsukune's Shinso powers are going to resurface in the future, but it's not going to happen soon, since Tsukune has just recently aqcuired the ability to use youjutsu techniques, which are still in a undeveloped state, so I think that Ikeda is going to continue developing that particular aspect of Tsukune's "skills", before shifting to something else, like Tsukune's Shinso powers.

Now, I might be mistaken about this, but I think that Tsukune won't be using anything else besides youjutsu techniques during the entire duration of the "rescue Moka arc" to display what kind of youjutsu techniques he has learned during the one month time skip - naturally he is still going to partially depend on his vampire powers, but I don't think we should expect Tsukune to use some kind of vampire technique that we haven't seen him using earlier.

In other words, I think that, the focus of the "rescue Moka" arrc is the development of Tsukune's youjutsu techniques and, in my opinion, we won't see Tsukune using something else then youjutsu techniques in the current arc...
Old 2011-07-24, 10:51   Link #20637
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Don't know if anyone saw this cosplay yet. :3
Old 2011-07-24, 18:41   Link #20638
khprincessh

i saw it before
Old 2011-07-25, 02:58   Link #20639
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, I agree that Tsukune's Shinso powers are going to resurface in the future, but it's not going to happen soon, since Tsukune has just recently aqcuired the ability to use youjutsu techniques, which are still in a undeveloped state, so I think that Ikeda is going to continue developing that particular aspect of Tsukune's "skills", before shifting to something else, like Tsukune's Shinso powers.

Now, I might be mistaken about this, but I think that Tsukune won't be using anything else besides youjutsu techniques during the entire duration of the "rescue Moka arc" to display what kind of youjutsu techniques he has learned during the one month time skip - naturally he is still going to partially depend on his vampire powers, but I don't think we should expect Tsukune to use some kind of vampire technique that we haven't seen him using earlier.

In other words, I think that, the focus of the "rescue Moka" arrc is the development of Tsukune's youjutsu techniques and, in my opinion, we won't see Tsukune using something else then youjutsu techniques in the current arc...
One thing I'm sort of wondering is what these Youjutsu techniques really are. Going by what Fuhai-sensei said, Tsukune now has the body of an excellent Youjutsu user. But how do you define Youjutsu? Jutsu means technique after all, and in the month since they started training, it is likely that Tsukune has learned certain techniques from Fuhai-sensei. However, how can he use those techniques without Youki? His body has been modified to better channel Youki, and that's what allows him to use Youjutsu, but as far as I could tell, it's not as though Tsukune has any other type of Youki apart from the Shinso blood that Moka gave to him. I had it in my head that Fuhai-sensei used his Youki to modify Tsukune's body, but not to outright give him the Youki required to use Youjutsu.

What I'm trying to say is that in order to use Youjutsu, I believe he has to use his Shinso powers, which is what he's doing. Traditionally, Shinso powers enhance your physical strength, and that's what Tsukune seemed to be doing when he crushed the pillar Gyokurou threw at him (there was the punch before as well, which also made use of advanced strength along with something else he may have learned from Fuhai-sensei, judging by the markings).
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 04:30   Link #20640
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
One thing I'm sort of wondering is what these Youjutsu techniques really are. Going by what Fuhai-sensei said, Tsukune now has the body of an excellent Youjutsu user. But how do you define Youjutsu? Jutsu means technique after all, and in the month since they started training, it is likely that Tsukune has learned certain techniques from Fuhai-sensei. However, how can he use those techniques without Youki? His body has been modified to better channel Youki, and that's what allows him to use Youjutsu, but as far as I could tell, it's not as though Tsukune has any other type of Youki apart from the Shinso blood that Moka gave to him. I had it in my head that Fuhai-sensei used his Youki to modify Tsukune's body, but not to outright give him the Youki required to use Youjutsu.

What I'm trying to say is that in order to use Youjutsu, I believe he has to use his Shinso powers, which is what he's doing. Traditionally, Shinso powers enhance your physical strength, and that's what Tsukune seemed to be doing when he crushed the pillar Gyokurou threw at him (there was the punch before as well, which also made use of advanced strength along with something else he may have learned from Fuhai-sensei, judging by the markings).
Youjutsu lit. "Black Arts or Black Magic", basically it's techniques that all Youkai can use, but for what Touhou meant by Tsukune having a splendid body of a Youjutsu user, thats hard to say but if anything i guess it means that Tsukune's body is brilliant at using Youjutsu with ease.

But i wonder how much Youjutsu he learned during that one month?

As for the source of Tsukune's youki it can be assumed that it's from his Shinso powers right?, but i doubt that is the case considering using his Shinso powers so close to Alucard is extremely dangerous, thats why one of theories i presented believes that it will be Tsukune and not Moka, who will unintentionally resurrect Alucard.

Touhou Fuhai's Explanation: "The tip of the needle i just struck you with, is threaded with a thread made from my energy. This thread, the moment the needle enters you, it digs into your body like a bug. It sews up and reconstructs your cells, and forms a "channel" that amplifies the energy which is the source of Youjutsu inside your body. In rough terms, this is the "Human Modification Technique."

But nowhere in there does it explain where Tsukune's youki comes from which is essential for using Youjutsu which means that Tsukune IS using his Shinso power to use Youjutsu or that he now has youki of his own, but like it's been said using his Shinso powers is too dangerous, perhaps one of the past theories is correct and that both Moka and Tsukune are needed for Alucard's resurrection.

What we do know is that Tsukune's only youki source is his Shinso powers, and that his body is splendid for using Youjutsu, but i guess we will have to wait until more is explained in the future, but since it skipped over Tsukune's training we will probably get a flashback in future chapters which will be key in a future situation that not only he but the others are in as well, that explains what Tsukune has learned during that one month and possibly answers to our questions.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-07-25 at 08:55.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire