AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 12:43   Link #10901
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Koreans Celebrate Christmas with Mass Blind Dating Flash Mob

Rest of news here:

For some of the non-Christian countries, this time of year becomes a 'pre valentines' day for couples, while New Years becomes the 'family' event.
However, blind dates sound stressful if not scary, but in bigger numbers like this, would you wanna try the experience, just once?
Considering the stage my life is in right now yeah, I would probably be willing to try it at least once. I've been so busy with work and school that I can barely get time to sleep let alone finding someone to be close with.
Old 2012-12-27, 19:46   Link #10902
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, this is an expression to my fiancé about how much I love her.

Images
The ultimate sacrifice
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-27, 22:41   Link #10903
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

Images
The ultimate sacrifice
That's above and beyond the call of duty! You better take in emergency supplies of Schwarzenneger or Bruce Willis movies! You mightn't be able to overcome the pure squeeness!

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2012-12-29 at 02:10.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 21:58   Link #10904
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

Images
The ultimate sacrifice
*salutes*

You poor brave soul. It warms my spirit so see comrades able to take that kind of bullet for his loved one. God speed my friend, god speed!
Old 2012-12-29, 02:18   Link #10905
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Images
The ultimate sacrifice
You are a prime mind in the banking industry! Think man think!

Buy more soda and use it as an excuse to go for more toilet breaks!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 02:25   Link #10906
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

Images
The ultimate sacrifice

May the force be with you

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 02:40   Link #10907
Ridwan

Old 2012-12-29, 03:57   Link #10908
NK141
Some Random Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You are a prime mind in the banking industry! Think man think!

Buy more soda and use it as an excuse to go for more toilet breaks!
This guy has got the right idea! Very Crafty
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 06:23   Link #10909
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Bring a bottle of water... filled with vodka. It'll dull the mental agony.
Old 2012-12-29, 12:40   Link #10910
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It might not be that bad...just make sure you get a room with few girls in it, the excessive squeeing and jeering (even at the same time) can really ruin the...uh, experience, I guess?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 15:31   Link #10911
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

So recently I got myself a job, and so the last excuse I had for not dating has pretty much fallen away. So I've made this my latest "project" (makes it sound soooo creepy).

Anyway, I've tried Online Dating, but I've pretty much messaged all the girls I'm interested in on the sites (for whatever reason, Online Dating isn't particularly popular in Dublin,). My reply rate has been pretty low there (from what I've read, that's not that unusual).

Anyway, I'm trying to find alternative ways to get into conversation with the fairer sex. Work is pretty much out. I'm on a team of 35, and only ONE of them is female. Suffice to say, my workplace is an absolute sausage fest.

Beyond online dating (I'll keep trying to message people who start new profiles), I'm thinking of trying meet up groups, but the groups I'd be interested don't meet up too often. But I'll keep an eye out for them.

I'm not too keen on clubs as they're far too loud (at least around here), and I'd like to actually just talk to people.

I'm thinking of even trying to talk to women on my daily bus journeys. Bit risky, but then what's the worst that could happen?

Any other ideas?
Old 2013-05-30, 15:51   Link #10912
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I find it funny you got a job around the same time I did... and I, too, am looking for the companionship of the female kind again.

The two things I'm thinking (as like you, I can't handle clubs), are potential outdoor (or indoor) hobbies or homeparties. For me personally, the latter requires me to travel a fair bit, but hey. Though it also comes with "competition" (we're talking "country kid" VS StockholmBrats essentially). The former (sailing+skiing) not being the more normal "meetup" scenarios. And my town ain't that big.

I'd never talk randomly in public either as I don't have the nerve for it... Though working as a cashier atm is improving that part.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 00:10   Link #10913
HasuMasu
*Artist

Any conventions around your area? That's what I'm going for, though I can't say I've made any progress...
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 02:31   Link #10914
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Need some thoughts on my little dilemma.

I've been dating a couple girls and recently they've been trying to make things official by making one of them my GF. I feel like I'm at a cross roads where the fun stops and I gotta make a decision to end this little fairytale life I've been living recently. I wanna ask my fellow animesukians what would you do in these kinda situations? Do I make a choice and settle down early...or do I continue to keep my distance from these girls and continue to live the young, free and single life? Is it bad of me that I don't want to choose between them?

I've been here before and found some great advice, was just trying my luck again
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 02:44   Link #10915
HasuMasu
*Artist

Do you feel strongly enough about any of them to give up what you have now?

In the first place, how much longer do you think you can keep it up?

You might end up losing all of them.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 02:46   Link #10916
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post

I've been dating a couple girls and recently they've been trying to make things official by making one of them my GF. I feel like I'm at a cross roads where the fun stops and I gotta make a decision to end this little fairytale life I've been living recently. I wanna ask my fellow animesukians what would you do in these kinda situations? Do I make a choice and settle down early...or do I continue to keep my distance from these girls and continue to live the young, free and single life? Is it bad of me that I don't want to choose between them?

I've been here before and found some great advice, was just trying my luck again
Number One rule: Take into consideration first and foremost how each of them feel and how they're actually living their lives in respect to the way you live yours as of now. Do they know about each other, are they okay with you having a... uh... harem, how would they adjust to your choice etc etc.

Number Two rule: Don't commit if you're not ready to commit, because not only will you hurt yourself but also the one you choose and those that you didn't.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 03:34   Link #10917
larethian

Quote:

Settle down? Kid, I honestly think you are too young to be in a committed relationship (though I'm not encouraging you to have a harem). As you mature more and get more societal experience, the things you look for in a life-long partner will be different.

Of course, it really depends on what GF means to the both of you in your culture and society and what levels of commitment are expected.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 04:20   Link #10918
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well Hello back.

what I think solidguy meant as being committed was to make one of the girls his GF. As far as I understand.(not like marriage and so)

Well I'd say you are young and now you have to have fun. But a "harem' is so risky that you can lose all of the girls and they tell it to their friends and the word gets out that you're a womanizer. My little brother burned himself just like that.

I'd say it as an advice. The girl you like the most should be your GF and the other girls should be friend-zoned. You keep up a good relationship with them(not too romantic, so it will not be considered cheating.) That would seem the best and if things would not work out with the first girl you still have the "back-up" girls.

This is just my own opinion about it. this would seem the most diplomatic way of solving things. But remember you are still young, you should have fun......Thinking about marriage can wait until you get to 28-30.(Men are still at their prime even at 35)

DonQuigleone good to see you again. How's it been? online dating is very tricky. about 1% success rate. you need good introductory text and good pictures. It is the same as real life dating. you have to get the girl interested in you. if you get her interest it is easy to get things going. I have a video of how to make a good profile on dating sites, but it is only in hungarian. it gave me a few tips and since then my visitors have doubled and some of the girls have even wrote to me. Too bad I'm in the middle of finding a job(low on money) but I still talk to them.
Old 2013-05-31, 05:49   Link #10919
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Number Two rule: Don't commit if you're not ready to commit, because not only will you hurt yourself but also the one you choose and those that you didn't.
This is good advice, but it deserves mention that you might never feel "ready." I remember having pangs of anxiety when I asked my wife to marry me (I was 22), and again when we actually got married (I was 24). It was something that I had given great thought to, wanted to do and felt strongly about, but the thought that this was it - a commitment for life and eternity - was still frightening (I know some people have lax attitudes toward marriage and divorce, but it's something I take very seriously). It's only natural to wonder if you're making a mistake, if you wouldn't be better off with someone else, if the timing is right, and so on.

Nobody can predict the future to know how life and time will change you and your partner, to know whether the two might grow apart and become incompatible. The way I see it (and the way it has worked in my experience) is that being truly devoted to someone, and having them return that devotion to you, results in the two growing together.

You still need to choose your commitment wisely, but the point is that you will likely rise to the occasion when you do. Feeling at least a little bit of doubt is normal.

And I'm talking about marriage. The advice is still applicable to dating (unless you're "dating" just to mess around), although obviously that's a step below on the commitment scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Settle down? Kid, I honestly think you are too young to be in a committed relationship (though I'm not encouraging you to have a harem). As you mature more and get more societal experience, the things you look for in a life-long partner will be different.
It varies person by person. We were 20 or 21 when my wife and I first started dating; we were engaged 1-2 years later, and then married two years after that. We were both focused on the same thing, both took relationships seriously and were looking to the long-term. We both had reputations for being "more mature" than our ages, which probably contributes to how it all worked out. It's been seven years and yet we're still crazy about each other. Marrying her was the best decision I have made in my life.

The decision to commit was based on our compatibility and had nothing to do with our ages. I had never met anyone like her (nor have I to this day), and I couldn't imagine anyone else being more compatible with me than she is. Sure, we were young by today's standards (old by historical standards), and we have changed with time and experience. Yet because we were both committed to each other we have changed together, such that we are both even more compatible than when we started.

There are some people who are like I was, ready to commit and be a devoted other half at age 20 (or earlier); there are also some who reach age 60 and still don't want to commit or don't understand what's required of them in a relationship dynamic. In my opinion, you don't necessarily need to commit for life by age 20, but once you hit age 19 or 20 it's a fine time to at least start thinking about it and going through the motions of dating seriously.

(Unless your goal isn't to find one life partner, in which case you should do what ever you want.)
Old 2013-05-31, 13:25   Link #10920
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Any conventions around your area? That's what I'm going for, though I can't say I've made any progress...
Dublin is not big for conventions, alas.

Also, when I did go to a convention (once!) I found the crowds intimidating, and didn't end out talking to anyone (maybe it was because I was on my own...).

I always keep telling myself to talk to random strangers, but I always keep chickening out. Still, I can't exactly expect any girls to come talk to me, can I?

Quote:

An enviable position. Two questions:
1. How much do you like both of them. If you don't feel particularly passionate about either, don't commit. If there's one you really like, go for it.

2. How the hell did you get two girls to like you that much??? I find it difficult to meet, let alone connect, with any girls ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't think he's too young. My great grandmother got married at 16. That's young.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom