AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-17, 19:38   Link #21
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Shun is a man worthy for Saki's affection.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:24   Link #22
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Shun is a man worthy for Saki's affection.
Satoru's too

Jokes aside, I doubt it (Shun X Saki)... Shun, particularly now, reminds me that story about the "karma demon"
Old 2012-11-17, 21:31   Link #23
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Satoru's too

Jokes aside, I doubt it (Shun X Saki)... Shun, particularly now, reminds me that story about the "karma demon"
Oh... c'mon, Malkuth....

If the anime ends like episode 8, I'll watched all of the Bonobos documentaries in YT.....
Old 2012-11-17, 21:33   Link #24
Kazu-kun

Quote:
That doesn't make their feelings for each other any less real.
Old 2012-11-17, 21:52   Link #25
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Oh... c'mon, Malkuth....

If the anime ends like episode 8, I'll watched all of the Bonobos documentaries in YT.....
Because of this I am already looking for documentaries with those hippieschimpanzees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That doesn't make their feelings for each other any less real.
What feelings? From what I have watched in the anime, Shun just doesn't care about anyone that way, and was with Satoru because the later wanted to... same for Saki, he just "politely" returned the affection she has showed him. I don't see how and what can be interpreted as genuine romantic feelings towards either of them.

As for Saki, she is so into Satoru, that when she finds out that he is beyond her "league" runs to Maria... when in a pinch helped Satoru "relax"... she is not the person (like Satoru, but through a different process) does not develop any genuine romantic feelings for anyone

Dunno, I might be wrong, neither the anime or the manga help a lot here, while the novel readers have a hard time agreeing with eachother
Old 2012-11-17, 22:46   Link #26
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Dunno, I might be wrong.
You are wrong. But let's wait and see what happens in the series. It if follows the novel
Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-17, 23:04   Link #27
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You are wrong. But let's wait and see what happens in the series. It if follows the novel
Spoiler:
I can't be right all the time I hope we see it, and not just have yet another politically correct reference for the whole family
Old 2012-11-17, 23:33   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I can't be right all the time I hope we see it, and not just have yet another politically correct reference for the whole family
I believe it coz its Love we are talking here!!!!
Old 2012-11-18, 06:15   Link #29
kuromitsu

Quote:
What feelings? From what I have watched in the anime, Shun just doesn't care about anyone that way, and was with Satoru because the later wanted to... same for Saki, he just "politely" returned the affection she has showed him. I don't see how and what can be interpreted as genuine romantic feelings towards either of them.
I don't really see how you could interpret that boat scene as "politely returning" the affection? The entire point was Shun making the first step (because as much as Saki was crushing on him it was mostly just admiration from afar). And from what I learned about the contents of ep 8 that just makes it more obvious....
Old 2012-11-18, 14:27   Link #30
Malkuth
Banned

The way they presented it in the anime makes me think that, as for the 8th episode, I really don't see how Shun is showing some special interest in Saki, beyond friendship... it might be the presentation, it might be others' shipping the couple, it might be that they were 12 and 14 YO.
Old 2012-11-18, 14:38   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
The way they presented it in the anime makes me think that, as for the 8th episode, I really don't see how Shun is showing some special interest in Saki, beyond friendship... it might be the presentation, it might be others' shipping the couple, it might be that they were 12 and 14 YO.
There's a scene where Shun is clearly blushing when Saki is paying particular attention to him.

I think that in a different societal context, Shun and Saki would be boyfriend/girlfriend right now.
Old 2012-11-25, 05:19   Link #32
BIby47
Banned

If Shun's going to die next episode, then that makes him the Mami of this series isn't it?
Old 2012-11-25, 05:37   Link #33
kuromitsu

Quote:
So... going canoeing together, dazzling Saki with a beautiful sight and holding her hand isn't "special interest"? And that was just the most obvious scene, there was, as others mentioned, Shun blushing, etc.
Old 2012-11-25, 11:42   Link #34
BIby47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
So... going canoeing together, dazzling Saki with a beautiful sight and holding her hand isn't "special interest"? And that was just the most obvious scene, there was, as others mentioned, Shun blushing, etc.
They basically made Shun into Satoru in the manga.

Shun is powerful and smart but he's not really an ACTION GUY like he is in the manga. Satoru is the action guy. The brave one.
Old 2012-11-25, 23:34   Link #35
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Reminds me of Setsuna and Marina....is it Marina of Gundam 00?
Old 2012-11-26, 13:49   Link #36
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The anime is stuffed full of subtle clues on all aspects of the society, plot and feelings. A lot of viewers just don't pick up on them, and I even end up watching them again and again.

The past few episodes made it pretty clear Shun was interested. The thing is you can't go expecting a straightforward romance here, he's obviously not that kind of a guy in addition to knowing the situation they are in.

Tags
characters