AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-21, 12:05   Link #81
jho
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NY
Age: 34
I found out about the manga and read it yesterday, then when I found out about the light novel I had to go read that too. Wow is all I will say.
jho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 09:37   Link #82
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 32
Ch.10
Spoiler:
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-03-25 at 10:03. Reason: Wording...
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 06:38   Link #83
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 32
Ch.11
Spoiler:
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 15:12   Link #84
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I'm not a fan of Obata's design for Rita. While she does look cute, the lack of muscle tone on her body isn't very appropriate for a hardened war veteran.

The Death Note faces are great though.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 18:47   Link #85
John117xCortana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
I don't blame her for tearing up. She finally knows that she's not alone.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 22:18   Link #86
GenesiD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
spoilers from the novel anyway.

Spoiler:
Welp, there goes my motivation to read this. Personally, endings like that just don't sit right with me. I'm a sucker for happy endings :[
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 23:23   Link #87
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
Welp, there goes my motivation to read this. Personally, endings like that just don't sit right with me. I'm a sucker for happy endings :[
I know Obata's designs are hot, but she was never meant to be a major character.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 00:11   Link #88
Esclair
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not a fan of Obata's design for Rita. While she does look cute, the lack of muscle tone on her body isn't very appropriate for a hardened war veteran.

The Death Note faces are great though.
Well it looks like with the way the combat armors work, having fine control/flexibility is far more important than having muscle mass. Ie, a gymnast body type is probably far superior than normal strength based body type.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 00:25   Link #89
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Well it looks like with the way the combat armors work, having fine control/flexibility is far more important than having muscle mass. Ie, a gymnast body type is probably far superior than normal strength based body type.
The problem is that Rita doesn't even have a gymnast's body.

I never said she had to be a bodybuilder, just that she needs to have some muscle tone to show that she's an athletic soldier.

Her body looks like a the generic anime girl.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 01:12   Link #90
liemtodaisu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The problem is that Rita doesn't even have a gymnast's body.

I never said she had to be a bodybuilder, just that she needs to have some muscle tone to show that she's an athletic soldier.

Her body looks like a the generic anime girl.
Ever seen a short and fat Vietnamese break off a big muscular Australian Pacific islander man's arm during an arm wrestling match? It's not about the muscle tone or anything. You can never judge people by their look .
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 08:13   Link #91
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
Ever seen a short and fat Vietnamese break off a big muscular Australian Pacific islander man's arm during an arm wrestling match? It's not about the muscle tone or anything. You can never judge people by their look .
A "short and fat" Vietnamese would have muscle mass under all that fat.

You can't say the same about a skinny person.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 10:21   Link #92
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 32
Ch.12:

Spoiler:
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:34   Link #93
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ch.12:

Spoiler:
I thought it looked more like he was reaching for the pen again out of habit but while writing the 0 he just lost some hope and was like wha... why didn't that work?
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:18   Link #94
coded321
He Who Games
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: the virtual world
news from animenewsnetworks, the author of the light novel is writing a sequel.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iting-a-sequel
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 18:35   Link #95
Karolik
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
About the ending...

Spoiler:
Karolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:22   Link #96
hamazura
whatever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: wherever
Rita
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-24, 22:43   Link #97
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Living the NEET dream
Age: 21
I'm in for tragic ending, too much goody-goody and light hearted anime burnout I guess. Btw for the tragic ending, how tragic it gonna be? A scaling 1-10, 1 being bitter-sweet to 10 being tearjerker.
__________________
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:42   Link #98
Kyosuke_Nanbu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
news from animenewsnetworks, the author of the light novel is writing a sequel.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...iting-a-sequel
Maybe Earth held out long enough for the arrival of the Outsiders
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 10:52   Link #99
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: take a guess?
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I'm in for tragic ending, too much goody-goody and light hearted anime burnout I guess. Btw for the tragic ending, how tragic it gonna be? A scaling 1-10, 1 being bitter-sweet to 10 being tearjerker.
Probably a 4 in my opinion.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 06:29   Link #100
Sixth
Mushroom Princess
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Nice manga and concept, but rubbish-tier ending.

Major disappointment.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
military, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.