AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-10-31, 03:58   Link #1
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 23
Heavenly Jewel Change [天珠变 ] (WN)

Original Title : 天珠变
Alternative Title: Tian Zhu Bian
Author: Tang Jia San Shao (Same author as Doulou Dalu, Bing Huo Mo Chu, Guang Zhi Zi, Jiu Shen, Mad God, Shen Yin Wang Zuo, Skyfire Avenue)
Status in Country of Origin: 308 Chapters (Complete)

Link to Translation: https://zentranslations.wordpress.co...-jewel-change/
Link to Raws: http://www.qidian.com/Book/1777445.aspx



Description:

Quote:
Every human has their Personal Jewel of power, when awakened it can either be an Elemental Jewel or Physical Jewel. They circle the right and left wrists like bracelets of power. Heavenly Jewels are like the twins born, meaning when both Elemental and Physical Jewels are Awakened for the same person, the pair is known as Heavenly Jewels.

Those who have the Physical Jewels are known as Physical Jewel Masters, those with Elemental Jewels are Elemental Jewel Masters, and those who train with Heavenly Jewels are naturally called Heavenly Jewel Masters.

Heavenly Jewel Masters have a highest level of 12 pairs of jewels, as such their training progress is known as Heavenly Jewels 12 Changes.

Our MC here is an archer who has such a pair of Heavenly Jewels.
Okay this is another interesting one. By the same author as Doulou Dalu.
This has one of those scoundrel mcs. And has quite a thick 'Plot armor
Spoiler for Plot Armor:


I only read upto the recent translated chapter but
Spoiler for FAQ:


Spoiler for About the Girls (Biased :eyespin: ) [B](MAJOR SPOILERS)[/B] :


Spoiler for About Jewels:

Last edited by TheCatWalk; 2015-10-31 at 21:39.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 11:00   Link #2
dniv
Iím sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Okay this is another interesting one. By the same author as Doulou Dalu.
This has one of those scoundrel mcs. And has quite a thick 'Plot armor
Spoiler for Plot Armor:


I only read upto the recent translated chapter but
Spoiler for FAQ:
Are we reading the same translations? I feel like this could easily go the harem route or pseudo-harem route (I mean after a fair amount of plot passes and things get moving more). This has basically just started lol. Either way, if it did go that route (or rather have multiple girls in awe of him) then I think it most certainly wouldn't be trashy, and would instead be fun to read. (Given our MC, I feel like it'd probably be handled pretty well...)

If you recall chapter 1... our MC's very first paragraph of speech was essentially the opposite of what you wrote above to describe his personality lol.

I swear to god people. This is the first time ever where I read the first thing a character had to say in a story in chapter one and then spent a long time laughing because of how absurdly funny/cheeky it was.

Here:

Spoiler for MC's first few lines of monologue rant in chapter 1:


This is literally the first thing he has said or thought in this entire series.

So yeah... I feel like what you said is a bit biased...

Anyway, back to the topic of the novel.

This is written very well. It's one of my favorites so far. The quality is so far better than Shen Yin Wang Zuo (at least from my perspective if we're looking at the storyline this many chapters in, in each respective series) and I really like SYWZ.

This author is just really good. He wrote Douluo Dalu, and SYWZ, and other good stuff. This one seems to be interesting and rather different from other stuff he has written. The powers, action, and plot all seem very nice. The world building also seems to be quite solid.

I strongly recommend this. It's fantastic. Also, be warned, the MC is a troll (in a good way).
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 12:40   Link #3
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
considering the author is Tang Jia San Shao, as much as i like God seal throne, i rather hate Douluo Dalu and it's sequel, the author is notorious in my list for deus ex machina, plot device skill and Game breaking luck. And in his stories, generally Main heroine personality is empty as air. Though he has good writing skill and could make good plotline.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 12:52   Link #4
Yoburi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Princess : MCs Fiance. But he has no good feelings about her. Their marriage was decided by their parents. The princess once almost killed the MC because he saw her back when she was bathing in a lake. She even tried to cover up the whole incident at first thinking the MC died and if her father found out he would punish her. The MC already asked his dad to null their engagement. Elemental Jewel Master.

Ok WTF is this what these chineses have against bathing in lakes anyway it looks like if they want a MC to be hated by a woman he just must see her bathing well the only good thing is he said to her to `fuck this bich` but still why cant the autor write something new.

Well can anyone spoil for me how things end with this princess... please tell me she didn`t fall in love with him because that would be retard you can`t have good feeling for someone you try to kill for such shit reason.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 13:35   Link #5
Yunyuki
story finder
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Princess : MCs Fiance. But he has no good feelings about her. Their marriage was decided by their parents. The princess once almost killed the MC because he saw her back when she was bathing in a lake. She even tried to cover up the whole incident at first thinking the MC died and if her father found out he would punish her. The MC already asked his dad to null their engagement. Elemental Jewel Master.

Ok WTF is this what these chineses have against bathing in lakes anyway it looks like if they want a MC to be hated by a woman he just must see her bathing well the only good thing is he said to her to `fuck this bich` but still why cant the autor write something new.

Well can anyone spoil for me how things end with this princess... please tell me she didn`t fall in love with him because that would be retard you can`t have good feeling for someone you try to kill for such shit reason.
there exists worse

for example chaotic sword had the same oh no see someone bathing outside-> has to be killed or

shen mu: gets abused for accidently seeing someone bathing (and oh god that problem coming with it drags on like an eternity)

serei tsukai at the beginning the same happened etc etc etc
enough stories where this happens (chinese/japanese stories but european/american ones as well e.g. eragon dragonrider)

ah but anyway conversations in the story are rather fun so definitly worth a shot (and dont get annoyed at the princess we wont see her for at least during vol 1-2 around1% story maybe xD)
Yunyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 16:25   Link #6
dniv
Iím sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Princess : MCs Fiance. But he has no good feelings about her. Their marriage was decided by their parents. The princess once almost killed the MC because he saw her back when she was bathing in a lake. She even tried to cover up the whole incident at first thinking the MC died and if her father found out he would punish her. The MC already asked his dad to null their engagement. Elemental Jewel Master.

Ok WTF is this what these chineses have against bathing in lakes anyway it looks like if they want a MC to be hated by a woman he just must see her bathing well the only good thing is he said to her to `fuck this bich` but still why cant the autor write something new.

Well can anyone spoil for me how things end with this princess... please tell me she didn`t fall in love with him because that would be retard you can`t have good feeling for someone you try to kill for such shit reason.
It's not clear at all if she's a love interest. The only reason why the OP says this is because after she did this to him and he managed to survive, he said that he'd get her back and eventually become so great that she'd come back to him crawling and beginning, and that he'd then reject her anyway. (This makes it seem perfectly fine TBH).

Spoiler for about her:


But anyway, it's a good work. Read it.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 17:27   Link #7
Yoburi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
It's not clear at all if she's a love interest. The only reason why the OP says this is because after she did this to him and he managed to survive, he said that he'd get her back and eventually become so great that she'd come back to him crawling and beginning, and that he'd then reject her anyway. (This makes it seem perfectly fine TBH).


But anyway, it's a good work. Read it.
This i reject her later sonds like a 14 year old being reject by a school crush lol. It would be much better for him to just get revenge by destroying her kingdom and her status that would give him a nice goal and a big enemy to take down and even became the new king of that place...

Or just criple her power and break her legs why can`t males kill females in these novels after all people die in these novels for nothing.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 18:11   Link #8
jmcu17
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In a jar of wax without a wick
If someone meant nothing to you, you do not go on a bloody rampage cause they rejected you. You live well and ignore them. Like the MC.

Destroy her kingdom? Cripple her legs?

Then hasn't this become a case of 打者爱也, 爱者, 打多?
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 21:04   Link #9
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Are we reading the same translations? I feel like this could easily go the harem route or pseudo-harem route (I mean after a fair amount of plot passes and things get moving more). This has basically just started lol. Either way, if it did go that route (or rather have multiple girls in awe of him) then I think it most certainly wouldn't be trashy, and would instead be fun to read. (Given our MC, I feel like it'd probably be handled pretty well...)

If you recall chapter 1... our MC's very first paragraph of speech was essentially the opposite of what you wrote above to describe his personality lol.

I swear to god people. This is the first time ever where I read the first thing a character had to say in a story in chapter one and then spent a long time laughing because of how absurdly funny/cheeky it was.

Here:

Spoiler for MC's first few lines of monologue rant in chapter 1:


This is literally the first thing he has said or thought in this entire series.

So yeah... I feel like what you said is a bit biased...

Anyway, back to the topic of the novel.

This is written very well. It's one of my favorites so far. The quality is so far better than Shen Yin Wang Zuo (at least from my perspective if we're looking at the storyline this many chapters in, in each respective series) and I really like SYWZ.

This author is just really good. He wrote Douluo Dalu, and SYWZ, and other good stuff. This one seems to be interesting and rather different from other stuff he has written. The powers, action, and plot all seem very nice. The world building also seems to be quite solid.

I strongly recommend this. It's fantastic. Also, be warned, the MC is a troll (in a good way).
Did you read what I wrote?
I wrote No For Now.
I mean, I just read the tl'ed chaps and only that.
Agree with you about everything else other than the Harem part.
Btw I already mentioned I will be doing a Biased Description
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 21:23   Link #10
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
as far as i know Tang Jia San Shao doesn't write harem series/
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 21:29   Link #11
Yoburi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
So how does this world power work how do you get these Jewels and does this also have ranks of power like in DD?
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 21:37   Link #12
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
as far as i know Tang Jia San Shao doesn't write harem series/
Only one. Kuang Shen/Mad God/Fury
whatever it's called.
One of the worst cn web novels i have read. The initial start was good.
Spoiler for s:


I need to change the description.
Spoiler for about harem:

Last edited by LKK; 2015-11-02 at 16:04.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 22:22   Link #13
dniv
Iím sorry, Kamijou-san!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Did you read what I wrote?
I wrote No For Now.
I mean, I just read the tl'ed chaps and only that.
Agree with you about everything else other than the Harem part.
Btw I already mentioned I will be doing a Biased Description
Yeah, I know lol. I just didn't want it to sound too romancey because this stood out to me because this was quite different from every other work by this author that I had seen. (Also, the other harem work of his that I read, I just couldn't get into at all... I'm not sure if was the translation, the plot, or both... ) So yeah... I'm excited for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
I need to change the description.
Spoiler for about harem:
Are you sure it is though... just because the tags on baka updates say so doesn't mean squat. For example, I've seen series branded harem on that site which a little while later were not considered harem... like with ISSTH lol.

Yeah... so unless you spoiled stuff for yourself, I doubt it's a harem. He's probably just going to be close to lots of girls (as friends) which is still distinctly different. Lazy readers like to call both things harems though.

Either way I'm hype. Can't wait for the next translated chapter.
__________________
Favorite Series: 0. To aru Series & Legend of heroes: trails sub-series. 1. Ze Tian Ji 2. Reincarnator
3. The King's Avatar/ Mushoku Tensei/ Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 4. Martial World/ Great Teacher Onizuka 5. KnB/KLK/Detective Conan/ Clannad AF/Bakuman

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-31, 22:27   Link #14
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India, Britain or Singapore
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah, I know lol. I just didn't want it to sound too romancey because this stood out to me because this was quite different from every other work by this author that I had seen. (Also, the other harem work of his that I read, I just couldn't get into at all... I'm not sure if was the translation, the plot, or both... ) So yeah... I'm excited for this.



Are you sure it is though... just because the tags on baka updates say so doesn't mean squat. For example, I've seen series branded harem on that site which a little while later were not considered harem... like with ISSTH lol.

Yeah... so unless you spoiled stuff for yourself, I doubt it's a harem. He's probably just going to be close to lots of girls (as friends) which is still distinctly different. Lazy readers like to call both things harems though.

Either way I'm hype. Can't wait for the next translated chapter.
Spoiler for s:
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-01, 23:28   Link #15
elroid
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Pretty sure Bing Huo Mo Chu is another true harem the author wrote. The MC there has like 8 wifes iirc
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 09:20   Link #16
Yunyuki
story finder
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Germany
i am not the only one hoping that he will troll that "elder sis xiao se" in the upcoming chapters ?
Yunyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 18:13   Link #17
Roger Smith
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
I have read ahead using some MTL. He does end up with a Harem and we already know his first woman. The Princess does not join the Harem and neither does the big Sis (even though she likes him).

The series progresses like a lot of other series:
1. school arc
2. Evil Empire
3. Get Stronger to fight back

He is an interesting character because he is an unabashed perv. When it was discovered he had blocked meridians and could not become a practitioner his dad sent him to train with a real pervy master (maybe like Naruto). He trained under the guy for years from when he was young so it is a deeply ingrained part of his character (hence why he tried to peek on the Princess bathing)/
Roger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 18:43   Link #18
jmcu17
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In a jar of wax without a wick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
Spoiler for about harem:
Sorry that another story got turned into a harem. I'd be pretty pissed if every story I picked up suddenly went against my preferred genre too.

Thanks for introducing me to this though.
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 22:29   Link #19
Gilgamesh113
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
I think the black tiger bead/soul was the cthulu tiger from douluo. It had space, darkness, time and evil properties.

Last edited by Gilgamesh113; 2015-11-13 at 22:57.
Gilgamesh113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 02:48   Link #20
obnuchious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
just to be clear... MC has 5 jewels on him?

2 family jewels, 2 wrist jewels and 1 swallowed jewel?
__________________
Something I did to pass the time: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/997198/
========
Oxygen was first discovered in 1783. How could people breathe back then?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
archery, cunning male lead, female military supirior, martial arts, military, rape as start of romance, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.