AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-28, 13:58   Link #1041
tgramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Huh what? Just because it's a score from an anime doesn't mean the tracks on the official soundtrack release have to be short. They can be whatever length they want.
I think he's just referring to the trend that a majority of anime scores have their tracks rather short as compared to other genres?
Yeah, never really noticed what was on a soundtrack before. I understand that a song is only as long as it needs to be.
The only other anime soundtrack on my iPod is Escaflowne and about half its tracks are also less than 2:00 with 3 that are less than 60 seconds.

Usually don't pay much attention to the bundled CD in a release. After work I'll have to dig through my collection to see what I've been missing.
tgramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:21   Link #1042
ShikonSoulreaper
Podcaster

Man, i loved RideBack, it was good even tho it was only 12 eps.
ShikonSoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 02:05   Link #1043
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Finished the series at last and it was a mixed feelings. I think i like the anime more due to the OP and ED btw. The only problem is: i watched 10 eps before start reading the lyrics of both, which by then realize it's is a bit let down due to not as good as i expect.

The ED is stunning beautiful, btw (except the lyrics, damn i should never read them)

Anyway, i agree that the whole terrorists, guerrillas, polictical plays....etc... was just the background for Rin's line of thought and character development. That's why even when some part do to make sense at all, it still satisfy me.....

9/10 for now. Maybe will drop to 8.5 and 8 after a while. But yeah it's a good anime

At least it give me a new fresh air, and we don't have to endure the cliche of seeing Rin joining the rebel to fight against the government, then finally realise her Fuelgo have installed ultimate skills, such as Lambada(?) Driver and then beat the crap out of every1 with 1 hit.....
Old 2009-05-06, 20:42   Link #1044
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ride Back is one of the series I had "never quite finished"... finally did so today and I'm glad I did...

Yeah, it wasn't necessarily a "realistic gritty show" .... no, it was a rather wonderful Shakespearean coming-of-age tale and very poetic at the end. The turning point event was properly unexpected and no one shrugged it off.

Give it a "9" for shooting at a high goal and getting damn close to it as well as for its cross-over appeal.
Old 2009-05-29, 12:51   Link #1045
knightsljx

does anyone know if there will be a soundtrack released for Rideback? I'm looking for the music piece when Rin does the cliff jump in episode one. the track also plays several times in the series when she does her special jumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8y5XBLo2tk
plays from 3:25

please PM me if you know, thank you
knightsljx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 16:24   Link #1046
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsljx View Post
does anyone know if there will be a soundtrack released for Rideback? I'm looking for the music piece when Rin does the cliff jump in episode one. the track also plays several times in the series when she does her special jumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8y5XBLo2tk
plays from 3:25

please PM me if you know, thank you
Well, I think it's better to post it in the thread. The soundtrack was included with the Limited Edition DVD 1 in Japan, and did include the piece/arrangement in question (which is called "The Great Gate At Kiev ~Plenty of love").
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 11:59   Link #1047
Ottocycle

Been a month since the last post eh, that sure is a while. Anyway, any news on the ED of this show? At this rate it seems we'll need to wait till her next album release!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 12:05   Link #1048
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Been a month since the last post eh, that sure is a while. Anyway, any news on the ED of this show? At this rate it seems we'll need to wait till her next album release!
In terms of the Japanese market, it was only ever released in online stores; I don't think they're going to release it as a CD Single or anything. I had a post a few months ago about how you could purchase it online legally, which is what I did.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 12:13   Link #1049
Ottocycle

Well yeah I gave up hope on it ever having a single a while ago, just wondering if a future album release will have it. Guess that means not yet so far.

Thanks for the tip.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:41   Link #1050
M.Marangio

Wonder Festival 2009

Some figurines from the WF2009:
http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/ne...09_s_rideback/

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-07-28 at 02:26. Reason: english translation
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 19:47   Link #1051
rukidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Eh, I didn't like the last few episodes so much. They turned the Ride Back thing into just some sort of stand-in for her dancing--like her ballet career was the whole point. Honestly, who actually gives a **** about her dancing? Ballet was just an explanation for her talent--her background--and should have stayed that way. The last episode especially made it seem like nothing really mattered except some sort of vague coming-to-terms with her having quit dancing. *yawn* Who cares? We're watching the show for the Ride Backs, and they hardly seemed to matter at all by then end of the anime.
Indeed. They imply that her talent on the rideback and ballet are one and the same, which I thought was some rubbish that they just tacked on.

On another note, transforming robot shows are a huge turn off for me so I was reluctant to watch this show. I managed to bring myself over that obstacle after watching the first few episodes. I am now following the bluray releases from thora.
rukidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 21:30   Link #1052
Hedd
Random Object

Oddly enough I'm looking forward to the next blu ray. A beautiful anime in blu ray is heavenly. Oh and HD AMV;

Old 2010-02-07, 16:44   Link #1053
ViewtifulAlchemist

Was expecting more of this series. Very slow at the beginning, picked up in the middle and then ended in a weird way as if seems they just stopped caring. In the end Rin does mecha ballet and the world is saved somehow? All the political drama that was built up beforehand just seem like a backdrop for Rin of regretting her decision of quitting ballet and eventually coming to terms about it in the final episode.

It was kind of hard to get attached Rideback mechs in general because they seem so weird to me. This series also had a odd habit of ending episodes with the most calm, pointless scenes (for lack of a better way of describing it).

Felt more like a series that's better enjoyed in manga form.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 23:15   Link #1054
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The manga has more time to develop a lot of the ideas present in the anime which is why I had hoped the series would be a lot longer when it was first announced. The clearly explains all the elements much better than the anime does because of time.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 22:39   Link #1055
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewtifulAlchemist View Post
Was expecting more of this series. Very slow at the beginning, picked up in the middle and then ended in a weird way as if seems they just stopped caring. In the end Rin does mecha ballet and the world is saved somehow? All the political drama that was built up beforehand just seem like a backdrop for Rin of regretting her decision of quitting ballet and eventually coming to terms about it in the final episode.

It was kind of hard to get attached Rideback mechs in general because they seem so weird to me. This series also had a odd habit of ending episodes with the most calm, pointless scenes (for lack of a better way of describing it).

Felt more like a series that's better enjoyed in manga form.
Well the politics /were/ just a backdrop for Rin and her coming to terms. I've noticed many going in with a focus on the ridebacks or the politics like it's Gundam and come away disappointed. All that is just flavor really, which puts it in an odd "middle of the road" classification. Stuck between a few major genres, it didn't offer enough from any of them to grab a nitch. In the end it's just a beautiful coming to terms story with politics and mechs peppered in. I'm sure it will continue to be a favorite of mine for awhile.
Old 2010-02-19, 03:33   Link #1056
klare

if they focus on Rideback being a sports/competition story...
if Rin does not become so powerful on the 1st time she ride the mecha (she looks like Kira in Gundam Seed)...
the overall feel will surely improve

but i do like Rin, the mecha designs and the "girl on Rideback" idea
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:54   Link #1057
ViewtifulAlchemist

Well I didn't go in with politics being the main focus I expected it to be more about Rin and her character growth, which it kind of was for a while in the beginning then towards the middle or so they forced all this politic/government backstabbing drama down your throat as if Rin's personal inner drama wasn't interesting enough to keep the show going by itself (which it kind of wasn't the way they presented) then in the final episode they just brush all that under the rug and Rin finally comes to terms with quitting ballet and everything ends. "Thanks for watching" *watches cast wave goodbye*

Bravo for Rin and all (she is a pleasant character to watch), but seem like they cut you off just right when it was about to get really interesting for her (which I guess is what the manga is for).
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 23:52   Link #1058
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

For anyone still interested in the manga, someone else (other than me) has started putting out the manga starting with Ch 7, vol 2. Translation is good enough (though there are mistranslations and loose ones in there). I don't really intend on doing the manga myself any time soon so if anyone wanted to continue reading it, this is the best choice.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 15:58   Link #1059
Yukidatte

Question about translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
For anyone still interested in the manga, someone else (other than me) has started putting out the manga starting with Ch 7, vol 2. Translation is good enough (though there are mistranslations and loose ones in there). I don't really intend on doing the manga myself any time soon so if anyone wanted to continue reading it, this is the best choice.
Hello anything!

may be anything has translation later 7 chapter? or work freez?
Yukidatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 15:20   Link #1060
YuriEcchiGirl

This series comes out on DVD over herein the UK as a complete 2 disc set next Monday

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen