AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 26 [Finale] Rating
Perfect 10 14 18.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 9.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 22.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-26, 17:05   Link #21
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
That's too much work! More than 2mins = too much work!

*cries*
*kicks you*

Stop being lazy and get to work!
Old 2009-09-26, 17:07   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know thinking about it, there was more development for Marina x Hans then there was for Welkin x Alicia. Just goes to show how quality this show was really.
Old 2009-09-26, 17:07   Link #23
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Did it have the same emotional impact, or was it rushed/felt forced and out of place?
I feel it had relatively the same impact. In fact, I thought that the bit with the other Sevens watching the kiss (in the game version) kinda spoiled the moment. This felt quite a bit more romantic.
Old 2009-09-26, 17:24   Link #24
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Twas an okay episode.
I almost forgive A-1 Pictures almost.
oh and I don't believe Super Faldio is dead. now that's he's done is duty ,he's gonna back to superhero land. He's watching everyone from afar , but He'll come back to once again save the day whenever there is trouble.
*cue in superman theme*
Old 2009-09-26, 17:32   Link #25
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

He will eventually get summoned in the new UBW movie.
Old 2009-09-26, 17:35   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I hope. Faldio is a legendary soul after all. He'd have epic fights with Saber and Archer.
Old 2009-09-26, 17:36   Link #27
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Let's pray for a Super faldio spin-off soon.
Old 2009-09-26, 17:44   Link #28
Father Hentai

just a question... why does it look like that
Spoiler for uhm. yes... max/alicia scene:
Old 2009-09-26, 17:44   Link #29
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
/shocked !

How did you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
just a question... why does it look like that
Spoiler for uhm. yes... max/alicia scene:
omg I just notice this!

Spoiler for NSFW!!!!:

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-26 at 18:12.
Old 2009-09-26, 17:52   Link #30
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sooo, time for a tiny summary.

Spoiler for Lots of low quality screenies.:
Old 2009-09-26, 17:56   Link #31
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

That's a very detailed summary there, Keroko! +rep =)

Quote:
/shocked !

How did you know!

I knew it. It just had to be that way...
Old 2009-09-26, 18:46   Link #32
kalbron

So wait... they walked out of the Marmota?

And they re-interpreted the kiss scene into Alicia being an out of control nuke that could only be saved by the power of wub instead of a concious decision to explode/not-explode?

Ah well. At least it's over now.

Edit: Oh and I suppose it's not too surprising that the Valkyria powers were transformed by the anime into purely innate, rather than requiring a medium to use. It is anime after all.
Old 2009-09-26, 19:24   Link #33
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
And they re-interpreted the kiss scene into Alicia being an out of control nuke that could only be saved by the power of wub instead of a concious decision to explode/not-explode?
More like they added the out of control nuke thing. The whole 'but I'm a monster' theme is still there, they just left out the whole 'don't use your powers that can help protect your friends' thing instead. And thank the empress for that.
Old 2009-09-26, 21:09   Link #34
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
More like they added the out of control nuke thing. The whole 'but I'm a monster' theme is still there, they just left out the whole 'don't use your powers that can help protect your friends' thing instead. And thank the empress for that.
Look, if you let her just walk around as a Valkyrie, you break the game mechanics. You have to have a reason to keep those powers sealed somehow... even if it does sound kind of dumb and completely unrealistic. (Because really... those powers would have been really convenient in some of those later battles...)

Spoiler for ep26:
Old 2009-09-26, 21:23   Link #35
kalbron

Quote:
Yes, but I thought it was blatantly obvious that Valkyria = Nukes and so the moral of the story was "Remember kids, don't use nukes!"

True, it didn't make a huge amount of sense within the confines of the story, but there you have it.

Besides, they didn't even need the Valkyria to win in the end. The anime certainly upped their power dramatically, but in the game they were still vunrable to concentrated enemy fire as the Selvaria DLC showed. Superhuman yes, invincible no.
Old 2009-09-26, 22:43   Link #36
justavisitor

watched the sub, hmm even my rating will spoil a bit, so I will keep it in the spoiler tag (I know the episode has aired, but I would still want to put it to the spoiler tag just in case)

Spoiler for spoiler ep 26:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-27, 00:00   Link #37
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Since I play the game, this episode was somewhat painful for me. I only enjoyed the epilogue and the kiss, everything else felt rushed. I mean as mentioned before... they walked out of the Marmota?! It took a plane for them to get out in the game cuz the whole friggin ship went nuclear. And Faldio, is it me, or is he ignored again and again throughout the anime. His achievements have been overlooked and his final sacrifice juss ended up unnoticed. Last concern, Max died too fast would've been better if they did add the part that the reactors powered him and with it taken out, he gets tackled into the hole
Old 2009-09-27, 03:08   Link #38
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Look, if you let her just walk around as a Valkyrie, you break the game mechanics. You have to have a reason to keep those powers sealed somehow... even if it does sound kind of dumb and completely unrealistic. (Because really... those powers would have been really convenient in some of those later battles...)
I know it's because of the mechanics, but it still made me go "You what? We've finally gotten a Valkyrie, the very being this game is named after, and you're saying not to use her?"

They could have tweaked the mechanics. Thrown in some enemies only Alicia could beat, make the mode require something special and be limited in time, many TRPG's have powerful summons and the like that do massive damage, why not make Alicia one of these?

Having Valkyrie mode in the game would have the Alicia/Selveria game much more awesome than it was (seriously, the anime Alicia/Selveria fight > the game version).

Quote:
Yes, but I thought it was blatantly obvious that Valkyria = Nukes and so the moral of the story was "Remember kids, don't use nukes!"

True, it didn't make a huge amount of sense within the confines of the story, but there you have it.
I'd think the Holy Lance fits that better... And it looks like VC2 is going to give you a Valkyrie of your own to toy with anyway. My main problem is that the beings who this game is named after played only a small role in the game, and even a tinier role in the battles. That was a major disappointment, and one the anime at least partially fixed.

Quote:
Besides, they didn't even need the Valkyria to win in the end. The anime certainly upped their power dramatically, but in the game they were still vunrable to concentrated enemy fire as the Selvaria DLC showed. Superhuman yes, invincible no.
Depended on the battle. In the main game, Selveria and Alicia were pretty much invulnerable no matter how much fire you poured into them. And the anime didn't make them entirely invulnerable either, remember Nagiar, where sneaking up behind Selveria proved to be enough for her to decide playtime was over.
Old 2009-09-27, 05:16   Link #39
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

The ending was consistent with the rest of the anime. Average for a general anime, but underwhelming when compared to the original source.

On the good side the side character were put into good use and some of them actually got wounded giving a slightly more adequate feeling that war isn't a school trip.
Lack of Edelweiss doesn't bother me much. I always wondered how it got up there in the first place. Same with valkyrian powers being used until the end (actually I was glad about them not being used in the game; I'm for fights being won by training, tactics, blood, sweat and tears and not some hidden birth megapower).

Of course Fabio saves the day, and when weak-willed side character welkin is about to give up, he rouses him up with an amazing speech.
I thought that they hyped up Faldio and made him so prominent in the anime so his ending would have more impact, but in the end his demise goes almost unnoticed.
There's barely any mention of Isara. Of course the fact that "Isara's Dream" was entirely scrapped in this adaptation kind of contributed.
Welkin must really be a bad platoon leader if his subordinates keep challenging his orders.

The fight with Maximillian was underwhelming. In the end Welkin didn't defeat him, he defeated himself. This version of Max is also on the weak side; it just didn't feel right that he would loose his nerves or decide to take his own life.

Strange that they show Aisha going home. In the game she is one of those that stay in the army after the war. But then again she's like the majority of side-characters in that she got no meaningful development.
Rosie and Zaka going off together? I guess cliché animes do try to pair everyone up even when unnecessary.

Quote:
Karlos returns to his waiting wife. I can't quite recall if the game also mentions this, but she's obviously of Darcsen descent.
She's not just mentioned, she's actually a character in the game. In case you didn't notice the unlockable Darcsen shocktrooper called Lynn and the multiple references to her being engaged to Karl.
..and I really wanted to see more of her T_T Karl, you lucky bastard.
Old 2009-09-27, 05:59   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
..and I really wanted to see more of her T_T Karl, you lucky bastard.
Yeah Lynn is one of my favorite characters from the game, and we didn't even get to see her face in this.