AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-24, 18:52   Link #41
Itlandm
Porcupine

The Boy Love plot thickens! Did he think Hase was the reason why his magic powers grew? Or will we get some other explanation for it in the future?

The siren was awesome. I am so tempted to just play that part over and over. Well, that's how the mythological sirens were supposed to work, so no surprise there. And yes, the opening song is awesome too.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-26, 01:29   Link #42
HandofFate

starting to catch up on the episodes.
up to episode 5.
pretty big growth for the MC this episode, and he realizes more about himself.
Kind of interested in the lives of the people he interacted with in the future, but this kind of series seems like a constant stream of just encounters with people which is realistic.
Old 2017-08-30, 15:44   Link #43
Itlandm
Porcupine

The two teens are impressed by an author being attacked by a stalker, when they themselves faced down an angry biker gang not long ago. Now that is modesty! They are such Japanese heroes.

Also: Cultist in the American Midwest burning people alive, then eating them! I think that story has grown a little in the telling, huh? Pretty sure that was a Waco reference.
Old 2017-08-30, 16:44   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Waco was what came to mind for me (though there was no cannibalism there as far as I know).

This show has an interesting dichotomy to it. It can be remarkably earnest and sweet but when it goes dark it goes very dark indeed.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 22:15   Link #45
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
The two teens are impressed by an author being attacked by a stalker, when they themselves faced down an angry biker gang not long ago. Now that is modesty! They are such Japanese heroes.

Also: Cultist in the American Midwest burning people alive, then eating them! I think that story has grown a little in the telling, huh? Pretty sure that was a Waco reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Waco was what came to mind for me (though there was no cannibalism there as far as I know).

This show has an interesting dichotomy to it. It can be remarkably earnest and sweet but when it goes dark it goes very dark indeed.
Thank you both. As I was watching the episode, I had a feeling I'd "heard this before", and meant to do a look up, but forgot.
Old 2017-08-31, 01:12   Link #46
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Thank you both. As I was watching the episode, I had a feeling I'd "heard this before", and meant to do a look up, but forgot.
Yes, it was the exaggerated urban-legend version of Waco.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 21:41   Link #47
HandofFate

so what was exactly the reason why the daughter that the MC was living with before treated him so coldly?
Old 2017-09-05, 22:29   Link #48
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
so what was exactly the reason why the daughter that the MC was living with before treated him so coldly?
I think she just didn't like having someone butting into her family.

This week Tashiro finally gets some screen time, only to end up in danger again. But next week it looks like she finds out about the apartment and Inaba's friends. She's no Taki Tooru, but she'll do.
Old 2017-09-19, 00:53   Link #49
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Still hoping Tashiro gets to see the Youkai Apartments someday...

Meanwhile, I forgot to mention last week that the idea of "monsters from the id" comes from the 1956 scifi classic Forbidden Planet.
Old 2017-09-22, 01:49   Link #50
chaos_animagic

that.... was... interesting...?

The teacher, Miura, isn't really wrong at all, in fact, if this was in the US, those students would probably be the ones ending up kicked out of school. You do not mess with the teachers of elite schools.

And all the teacher wants was to make the play more "fun", as in let go of seriousness in making the play "stoic", make it more fun for the audience to watch a Highschool play.

Also... the MC... stupid... "Miura is really sick... learn from your mistakes... stop running away" wha? Mistakes of teaching students how to have fun in a school play? sure... and technically the teach didn't run away, as he got rehired in THIS school... a real run away would be to stop teaching .... This teach actually instead of running away, decide to face his trauma and attempt to start over, but he met up with the "curse/ID" and it aggravated his trauma.

And the MC instead of trying to help him... decides to send him to the "hospital" which I assume is Psycho Ward, where it usually aggravate a person's Trauma even more, this never helps someone recover. Proven by Facts that less than 5% of people that enters Psycho Ward ever recovers and head back out to society.

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2017-09-22 at 03:15.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 19:56   Link #51
Itlandm
Porcupine

I understand this is a Buddhist thinking. Sometimes the only thing that can save you from Hell is self-reflection. If someone changes your circumstances, your karma will just attract new circumstances. But I honestly feel sorry for Miura-sensei. Objectively speaking, he really was the victim of his story. And yet, by their thinking, he was expected to take the blame. An all too realistic case.

Interestingly, Inaba is shown to have the right attitude when he takes responsibility for the explosion even though it was in self defense. This is what is expected of a real man.

I really wonder what kind of conclusion they can whip up in the last episode though. This anime feels like the first in a series, not like a stand-alone story.
Old 2017-09-23, 22:19   Link #52
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I really wonder what kind of conclusion they can whip up in the last episode though. This anime feels like the first in a series, not like a stand-alone story.
The show is continuing into the next season. See the previous page for the announcement.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 17:09   Link #53
Itlandm
Porcupine

I was pleased to see this continue into episode 14. Despite the cartoonish treatment of classical Eastern spiritual training, it is nice to see a hero who makes progress through training, self-reflection and learning from experience. Rather too many imagined heroes stumble through their lives and then suddenly manifest unimaginable powers when needed. In a sense, the journey of Inaba is more similar to a role playing game, only set in the interface between the ordinary world and the fantasy world. It was eerily fitting for Haze to propose that the landlord make a random dungeon under the apartment, I wonder if this was an intentional admission of the story's RPG-like qualities. Or rather the qualities that RPG shares with good fiction, I would say.
Old 2017-10-16, 18:19   Link #54
Itlandm
Porcupine

"Look at the full moon and jump." The title made no sense to me until the end. That was a really poignant scene there, with the patients from the hospital. This anime can be surprisingly deep sometimes. (Although other times it is about Japanese food...)
Old 2017-10-18, 00:45   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It was fantastic to hear Fujiwara Keiji as Fujiyuki-sensei - hopefully his health problems are behind him and he's back for the long haul.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 18:57   Link #56
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I have a feeling Aoki-sensei will snap when the students are finally fed up with her and tell her so. I also find it odd that the one student who really needs help, Yamamoto, is the one she doesn't help at all.

And I keep having a nagging feeling that Chiaki-sensei is somehow related/associated with Akira Fukase or someone in the youkai apartment. He can't be as simple as what he appears to be.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote