AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-11, 08:46   Link #1
liuic

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS "Fan Anticipation Thread"

3rd TV series Title.......

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nanatsuki/20060811/1155266778

Edit by Moderator: This thread is now officially devoted to fan anticipation of Nanoha StrikerS. This thread has become incredibly long without actually containing anything of substance other than fan anticipation, hopes and rumors. Most of what it contains will have a rather confusing effect on future readers since it is likely to contradict the actual show. To improve our focus, once the series actually starts, this thread will be closed so that a new (and hopefully topical) thread can be created for general discussion of the show.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-13 at 04:01.
Old 2006-08-11, 15:30   Link #2
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Yup. There's quite a bit of discussion going on about it in the A's thread at the moment... not sure if it should be moved over into here though.
Old 2006-08-12, 16:32   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah..... lets move the discussion here... Xris already thumbs upped the new Negima! thread and this is in the same vein (new season).

This is the one I want....
Old 2006-08-12, 16:56   Link #4
Varion
殲滅天使

Rightyho, here it is then. I have no objections to posting in a topic started by a picture of Satsuki, anyway

Anyway, found all the figures so may as well post them all. Big pics though, so I'll put them in spoiler tags for length. Prices are based around HLJ and don't include early bird bonuses:

Good Smile Company Nanoha, 1/8 Scale, November/December release, 5524 Yen:
Spoiler:
Kotobukiya Nanoha, 1/7 Scale, November release, 4800 Yen:
Spoiler:
Movic Nanoha, 1/6 Scale, August release, 6800 Yen:
Spoiler:
Alter Nanoha, 1/8 Scale, Out Now, 4571 Yen:
Spoiler:
The Alter one's kinda crappy (her expression looks far too vacant and lifeless for her pose, in particular, and apparently the wings fall off easily too and won't go back on) but it's also the cheapest. Movic's is pretty cool but is also the most expensive, her face looks kinda pale, and I've barely heard of the company before so the final product may be disappointing and nothing like the promo pics. I really like the face and expression though. Kotobukiya's has really nice colouring on the outfit, are supposedly reputable, has lots of feathers (some say too many, but I don't really mind) and her legs are done well, at least imo. On the other hand, her face doesn't really look like Nanoha to me - it's a decent face, but it's just not Nanoha. GSC's is fine too, it some tongue (=o), the face does kinda look like Nanoha, and it's definitely got my favourite weapon. On the other hand, the skirt's waaay too blatant.

I dunno, I'm tempted to get one as a Nanoha fan but there's nothing that jumps out and says buy me like Alter's Fate did, and I'm running short of money right about now.
Old 2006-08-12, 17:06   Link #5
HeyPeople

Send a message via AIM to HeyPeople
I thought Nanoha was a lefty because she holds Raging Heart in her left hand.
Old 2006-08-12, 21:19   Link #6
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

She is a lefty but oddly she wields the Exceleon mode device like that. (Even in the animation she does that.)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-12, 21:38   Link #7
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane (from Nanoha A's Thread)

Reminds me of Saber from FSN... but I actually hope they make Nanoha's hair in StrikerS this way or anyother way rather than that weird ponytail @_@
Old 2006-08-12, 22:14   Link #8
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Yeah, those models have become a real problem for me. I mean, HLJ's gonna totally hate me. I keep pre-ordering them and then cancelling them when a better one comes out. I wish they'd at least be more inventive with them. I have Alter's one and it's not bad. Took some patching up (but what PVC figure doesn't?) but now it's getting sad.

A word about the Movic one. The one with normal Raging Heart is the normal one you can buy. The other one is a limited edition piece.
Old 2006-08-12, 22:45   Link #9
Aisa

Yesh I want the 3rd Nanoha figure <33

The Fate ones are pretty sweet as well. Too bad they're so expensive.

Last edited by Aisa; 2006-08-12 at 22:56.
Old 2006-08-12, 23:21   Link #10
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(Now in process of applying a credit card since I want Nanoha figuring bad...)

I think Admiral Lindy would make for a great model for figuring actually. Although I like Nanoha the most.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-08-12, 23:50   Link #11
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I wish the Wonder Festival ones didn't cost nearly $2000. They had an awesome Vita, a (albeit ugly) Reinforce (boss version) and one of the three girls in teen form lounging on a sofa.

Panzer, if you run into credit problems, try a NextWavePlus Titanium Mastercard. You don't actually go in debt with them and the application took me ten minutes or so. I use one because my credit is shot. You just load however much money you need onto it.
Old 2006-08-13, 00:22   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've ordered this Fate one:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....EY=NEOSL-11303
I think its pretty dynamic looking...

On Nanoha, I've got the Movic one pre-ordered and the Good Smile one... but I may put the Movic one up for sale as soon as I get it depending on how it looks -- I kind of like my characters to be the same scale for a series.

I have the one that is already out by AtSai ... but the feet wings keep falling off and her expression is kind of bland. May sell it down the road too if the Good Smile one looks good in RL.

Now... the burning question is --- when will the StrikerS series figures come out?
Old 2006-08-13, 00:24   Link #13
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I wish the Wonder Festival ones didn't cost nearly $2000. They had an awesome Vita...
Uhwa? Do you have a picture of that Vita figure?

Edit: While looking for a pic of the Vita figure, I found a pic of the more expensive Fate figure, but she was holding Bardiche in Scythe Form instead of Zanba Form. Bah I wish that one were on the market ><;

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2006-08-13 at 00:54.
Old 2006-08-13, 01:24   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed...I'm bumfuzzled as to why they're pushing the sword form when Scythe form or even just his simple "poleaxe" form really looks good.
Old 2006-08-13, 01:38   Link #15
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

in nanoha A's they were trying to change her into a knight class melee type, and the sword form is her new strongest physical attack. they did the same with nanoha, she has the winged type raging heart in the PVC figures.
Old 2006-08-13, 02:49   Link #16
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I too thought Scythe Form was way cooler. Anyone can swing around a huge sword. It takes a real badass to swing a scythe
Old 2006-08-13, 04:37   Link #17
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Stryker. What would this guy think of next?

Bardiche is really, really sweet. I love all of its modes.
When it comes to combat weapon, I suppose we're short of only dagger to conclude almost every form of medieval arm. Well javelin and pike's covered so...

Old 2006-08-13, 04:47   Link #18
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I've ordered this Fate one:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....EY=NEOSL-11303
I think its pretty dynamic looking...

On Nanoha, I've got the Movic one pre-ordered and the Good Smile one...
lol you went off the Koto one fast Was it the face? That Fate is clearly the best one though.

And yeah I want a pic of the Vita too. Google shows up nothing
Old 2006-08-13, 05:05   Link #19
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
I suppose we're short of only dagger to conclude almost every form of medieval arm. Well javelin and pike's covered so...
I figure if Yuuno fought he'd have a dagger. Tho unless using two and being extremely fast, daggers are generally very uncool, I find.

As for the models, try imageboards like the chans or Danbooru. Niche odd pics like those are pretty tough to find. About as tough to find as the models are.
Old 2006-08-13, 05:11   Link #20
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Bardiche is really, really sweet. I love all of its modes.
When it comes to combat weapon, I suppose we're short of only dagger to conclude almost every form of medieval arm. Well javelin and pike's covered so...
We still have,

..) Maces
..) Flails/Morning Stars
..) Crossbows