AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-06-04, 23:40   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 62 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 00:10   Link #2
eternalblue3961

The animation was pretty mediocre. Nothing much happening in this episode, except some hilarious comedy between Akamaru, Choji, Nuarto, Kiba, Lee, and Shikamaru. Overall a very relaxing ep for a filler.
eternalblue3961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 00:32   Link #3
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Ok why did lee have to come in with like some weird face when hes talking about guys fighting lol that kinda creeped me out more than he usually does. But yea fillers are kinda lame my fav parts are when Tsunade sent him flying threw the door and into the wall. and the end when the theifs go to attack the village (not konoha sadly :P)
Old 2008-06-06, 00:33   Link #4
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
This episode's goofiness was awesome.

Even though I knew what Tsunade's reaction would be, I didn't expect there would be so little interaction between the moment they get inside the office and the moment where she bashes his skull in. Lee arriving from the horizon with the sun setting was a nice setup.

Oh, and any episode with Shikamaru in it is always successful.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 02:56   Link #5
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

This was probably the most retarded episode since the fillers ended. I think maybe the ninja cooks episode was worst. Or perhaps the ninja mailmen....

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 03:08   Link #6
Fyria

Does these damn fillers sill continue?
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 03:57   Link #7
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Does these damn fillers sill continue?
I had high hopes but I gave up after getting bored the 3rd episode.

The anime has more than enough leeway until it could catch up with the manga... especially at the pace they were moving. Yet they chose to place a filler in-between arcs. Hella annoying if you ask me.

However, the way they're doing this filler is 10x better than how they've handled the Bleach filler, its impossible to vouch continuity there.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 06:30   Link #8
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Interaction between Tsunade and Sora - win
The Battle Royale - win
rest of the episode - fail
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 08:11   Link #9
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quite a redundant episode but I enjoyed it for whatever it's worth, mainly Tsunade punched him through the door.
Old 2008-06-06, 16:08   Link #10
wtfftw

lol like 8 posts only :O can someone tell me if this chapter and the anime has gotten better because i stopped watching because of flashbacks
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 18:45   Link #11
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

Are they retarted ? Instering chakra in NORMAL Kunais ? I am sure it was said that Asuma have special blades made from metal that absorbs chakra ... Well afterall this was filler ...
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 19:33   Link #12
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Yes Sora getting punched through the door was the only fun part of the episode. Everything else... horrible.

They could do so many interesting things.
-They could do some NaruHina
-They can show some of Team Ebisu

Or they can just continue the story. There's no need to do fillers because there is plenty of story available. Especially considering how theyre stretching it out.
Instead they do this... ugh.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 19:37   Link #13
Petbe
Wingless Angel

It has been a few weeks since I stopped watching, been waiting for it to get good. But it looks like it still is eh..

One thing I do miss is actually looking forward to an episode. That has not happened in a bloody long time lol.
Old 2008-06-07, 00:00   Link #14
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The animation wasn't as bad as it looked in the previews. A 100 times better than some of the many low points in the Gaara Arc like the Team Gai clone fights. So that's good.

Seeing Tsunade smack around filler boy was great since I wanted to do that myself. He is the Poochie of the filler. I won't miss him when he dies or returns back to magic filler land.

Seeing the battle royal was great though. I love when the Konoha gang interacts. Naruto together with Choji, Lee, Shika, and Kiba is win.

I have to figure this filler will end some time in July. I doubt they want filler hyping the new Naruto movie. So maybe 4 to 5 more episodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raihen View Post
Are they retarted ? Instering chakra in NORMAL Kunais ? I am sure it was said that Asuma have special blades made from metal that absorbs chakra ... Well afterall this was filler ...
I couldn't believe when they did that to. The blades are special. This is probably the type of stuff that makes Kishimoto crazy.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 00:22   Link #15
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raihen View Post
I don't see why not, Sasuke used chidori nagashi/lightning natured chakra on his chokuto when he stabbed Yamato it is almost exactly the same

Also I hope that this filler is what I describe as curry of life
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 11:35   Link #16
waterchan

I knew it... the moment Sora walked through the door with his "I don't care about the old hag" attitude I just had the feeling that something really bad was going to happen to him...
waterchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 21:17   Link #17
Ziv

Wow, Sora seems to be one of the few examples of a male Tsundere, and he's not even an aloof onii-sama type either. And they're really emphasizing it too.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 23:10   Link #18
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Lol, I laughed very hard during this episode. Watching Sora walk into Tsunade's office was like watching a car-crash in slow motion. You can see the impending disaster, but there's nothing you can do about it. Fear the old hag.

And I literally gasped when he called Chouji "fat". I'm surprised he didn't go all multi-size on his ass and sit on him. Squash. That would have been satisfying.
Old 2008-06-08, 09:52   Link #19
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

A feel good episode if you asked me, the bit with Tsunade and Sora was a great part, although it was predictable that it was going to happen anyways.

I like how Sora doesn't have the slightest idea on what he shouldn't say to people, his attitude will probably change in the later episodes. (Ex. Calling Chouji "fatty")

The battle royale bit was great, comedy ensues and the sudden pop up of Lee made it better.

Good episode, I'll say, they have a better pace than what the Bleach Arc is going at.
Lost-Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 23:51   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well was entertaining to see Sora getting beaten down by Tsunade. Naruto is probably the only person who can get away with not being polite with Tsunade. Even then there are limits that exist in this world.

Of course the Naruto vs Sasuke tree climbing competition gets revived somewhat with this wind chakra, kunai throwing competition.