AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-28, 16:37   Link #9461
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Hinagiku means daisy, although Hina's name is written in katakana (ヒナギク) instead of the kanji (雛菊).
Old 2008-10-28, 16:43   Link #9462
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Not sure if this was posted earlier, but it was just recently uploaded to youtube so I assume it hasn't.

Funny how I only discover the Final 8 MAD after the final 8 has concluded. At the 12-second mark, they show a split-second of the Animesuki forums! You can see KaneDragon's Hinagiku sig! You're famous!
Wow, that video is pretty cool. I love the way they did it
Old 2008-10-28, 17:00   Link #9463
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
At the 12-second mark, they show a split-second of the Animesuki forums! You can see KaneDragon's Hinagiku sig! You're famous!

If Kagami and Tsukasa both move on, I'll probably just stop. Not for "zomg fail", but because I'd have too much trouble putting one over the other. Kagami's the better character, but Tsukasa winning would be more amusing due to that "surpassing my sister" scene in the OVA. So either way, I win.

Kagami/Nagisa has me torn, too, but I don't want Kagami to rip up yet another Clannad character, and I do like Nagisa. Well, not that my opinion amounts to anything. Kagami's got surprising mojo.

Voting Hinagiku over Tsukasa whatever the previous match. Maybe a victory by Kagami would give Hina some additional power, but the effects would probably be negligible.
Old 2008-10-28, 17:19   Link #9464
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
And I think that the only reason anyone would not vote for her would be if Kagami wins.
May I venture another reason? There are people out there who don't find airheaded ditziness with a gentle soul but the personality and intellect of a wet noodle unappealing instead of moe?

Many people (including me) consider Saimoe a popularity contest first and foremost. And while one might argue that the textbook definition of "moe" might not fit on those characters with a stronger and more complex personality, I can only say for sure that the Tsukasa kind of moeblob does not instill feelings of moe inside of me in the least.

Sorry, I prefer an appealing personality. And here, at least I give huge advantages to Hina.
Old 2008-10-28, 18:29   Link #9465
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Tsukasa vs. Hina: I don't know much about Hina, to be honest. By her looks, she's pretty moe. However, Tsukasa was basically made to be a moe character. She had everything perfect about her. And I think that the only reason anyone would not vote for her would be if Kagami wins. Tsukasa by a landslide.
I'd find it disappointing if Hinagiku loses due to the fact that HnG is nearly as widely popular as Lucky Star. I guess Mentar says it right when it's really a popularity contest. Hinagiku's dominating moe is not her looks, but definitely her personality and kind of character that she is.

It's a real extreme to say that everyone will vote her if Kagami were to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
on the side note: what does Hinagiku mean again? hina (throw up) ? hina (vomit)?
It means daisy. I don't think any character is named in a derogatory fashion unless it like a joke like zetsubou-sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
May I venture another reason? There are people out there who don't find airheaded ditziness with a gentle soul but the personality and intellect of a wet noodle unappealing instead of moe?

Many people (including me) consider Saimoe a popularity contest first and foremost. And while one might argue that the textbook definition of "moe" might not fit on those characters with a stronger and more complex personality, I can only say for sure that the Tsukasa kind of moeblob does not instill feelings of moe inside of me in the least.

Sorry, I prefer an appealing personality. And here, at least I give huge advantages to Hina.
Wow. QFT. You just took the words right out of my mouth. Definitely not a fan of airheaded ditziness aka moeblob. It does the opposite of instilling moe in me.
Old 2008-10-28, 18:43   Link #9466
Wolfii
The :< point of view...
*Graphic Designer

Some people out there are airheaded ditzies with a gentle soul, who don't give a damn about intellect, though ^^

(and I consider gentle soul being a personality)

*goes away, but trips over her own shoelace*

a-tta-taaa~ ;___;

Btw... to warn you beforehand - I am looking for someone who will vote tsukasa for me. This place has too many proud Hinagikuists ;D

EDIT: I appreciate their help in other fights, though, just so you know ^^;;
Old 2008-10-28, 18:46   Link #9467
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
sadly, I do not have a spare IP to vote Tsukasa for you.
Old 2008-10-28, 19:36   Link #9468
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfii View Post
Btw... to warn you beforehand - I am looking for someone who will vote tsukasa for me. This place has too many proud Hinagikuists ;D
I haven't made up my mind yet about that match, but I'd be willing to post your vote regardless of who finally I decide on. If you PM your vote code to me by early afternoon (I'm in the US Central time zone) on the day of the contest I should be able to vote for you.
Old 2008-10-28, 20:32   Link #9469
Wolfii
The :< point of view...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
I haven't made up my mind yet about that match, but I'd be willing to post your vote regardless of who finally I decide on. If you PM your vote code to me by early afternoon (I'm in the US Central time zone) on the day of the contest I should be able to vote for you.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it ^^

I'll just try to post as early after start of the voting as possible (which is quite easy with my timeshift to Japan)
Old 2008-10-28, 20:49   Link #9470
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirahira View Post
Wow, that video is pretty cool. I love the way they did it
It reminds me of the one done last year... where they showed a bunch of the japanese sites that had the various score charts .. and where chara came from on them.. hmm at least we're now a recognized part of the match? hm

anyhow... I can't get this BAKABAKA out of my head...

well if I had voted the way I said I was going to.. I'd have been 4 for 4... but oh well.. I voted fuuko.. so one loss...

going to stick with my thoughts of KAGAMI vs HINA ... I'll be a bit depressed if its Hiiragi-showdown in the end...

hmm.. thats all for now...
Old 2008-10-28, 21:06   Link #9471
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Prepare for despair.

I'm starting to get really scared that Tsukasa will beat Hina
Old 2008-10-28, 21:58   Link #9472
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

Well said...well said...

It's good to see that I am not alone.

Maybe moeblobs nowadays are getting closer and closer to being 'retards'

Looking at the final line up of characters, I'm not surprised why votes are even struggling to break 1k. There is just no need to go "all out" anymore.

At least Rika was worthy of the title the previous year. Here it seems like Hina is the only one who should be getting support. Thank god that starfish lost though, it would have been the cherry on the fail cake if she wins (Tsukasa would be the strawberry).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-28, 22:06   Link #9473
todkapuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
At least Rika was worthy of the title the previous year. Here it seems like Hina is the only one who should be getting support. Thank god that starfish lost though, it would have been the cherry on the fail cake if she wins (Tsukasa would be the strawberry).

Quote:
-Konata: So how do you eat strawberry cake? ..... {cutting out Miyuki-san's wonderful response}
-Tsukasa: I always eat the strawberry last, but sometimes .. I got too full and I don't eat it, or one of my sisters get the strawberry (;^_^)
-Konata: That’s why you should eat the strawberry first
-Tsukasa: come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone take a strawberry from Oneesan
-Konata: That's Kagami for ya... doesn't miss a thing.
sorry i coudlnt resist.. I'd post the clip if it were available. actauully the one I want is later in the series.. where she thinks something tastes like somthign else... I can't remember it off top hand.. but its strawberry related if I remember.

but anyhow... yeah... I dont know... Hina is probably the most deservign in my eyes BASED ON ANIME ONLY for the time frame of the competition... but I find Nagisa and Kagami qutie moe as well.. Tsukasa... well... i'll leave Tsukasa alone.
Old 2008-10-28, 22:13   Link #9474
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
sorry i coudlnt resist.. I'd post the clip if it were available. actauully the one I want is later in the series.. where she thinks something tastes like somthign else... I can't remember it off top hand.. but its strawberry related if I remember.
I think it was the discussion of how strawberries taste like strawberry cake. Then Konata replies with "isn't it the other way around?"

Or was that from Azumanga Daioh?
Old 2008-10-28, 22:27   Link #9475
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Man I wish I could be as famous as KaneDragon xD
No, ya don't -_^

Rika-chama runs away quickly
Old 2008-10-28, 22:27   Link #9476
todkapuz

Quote:
I think it was the discussion of how strawberries taste like strawberry cake. Then Konata replies with "isn't it the other way around?"

Or was that from Azumanga Daioh?
yeah.. thats it.. I've been trying to find it.. but .. well... as lucky star is... well.. random... for the life of me I can't remember what episode its in.. (*has been flipping through episode since last post*)

edit: I think animesuki qoutes thread has saved me... episode 23... i think... let me confrim

yep start of b part

Quote:
Tuskasa: haaa oh
Kagami: whats up?
Tsukasa: I just realized that that strawberries smell like shortcake!
Kagami: yea, er... don't you mean shortcake smells like strawberries? Since theres strawberries in it.
Tsukasa: uh? um.. wha...
Kagami: well.. people mix stuff like that up every once in awhile.
Of course now I can't think how I was going to turn it into a funny against the tsukasa benig the strawberry on the cake.. but oh well.
Old 2008-10-28, 22:30   Link #9477
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Try typing it into google. There are plenty of anime blogs that write about each ep, so they would mention it in their blogs and google should pick it up.
Old 2008-10-28, 22:32   Link #9478
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The strawberry tasting like strawberry cake was a later episode (23 I think), it was Tsukasa's only real line in that one. It was cute, though stupid. She was talking to Kagami at breakfast or something.

http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/200...delicate-line/

Hmmm, it was smell rather than taste...
Old 2008-10-28, 23:12   Link #9479
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I'll have to go with Kagami tonight. It's a shame because Nagisa is my favorite Clannad girl and I'd vote for her over almost any other top 8 girl, but I guess semi-finals is a great result for her and she'll be back next year stronger than ever after After Story.
Old 2008-10-28, 23:32   Link #9480
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
anyhow... I can't get this BAKABAKA out of my head...
great video. I've missed the recent IOSYS videos so that was nice. Poor Cirno. \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Here it seems like Hina is the only one who should be getting support.
Quote:
but anyhow... yeah... I dont know... Hina is probably the most deservign in my eyes BASED ON ANIME ONLY for the time frame of the competition...
I do love you both

Oh, on a sidenote, Deathkillz, your sig is so moe. Sanya for Saimoe 2009?!
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe