AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-03, 22:27   Link #441
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Wtf, only in April?

Screw you Norihiro! Thats why your manga's going to fail.

Nice chap tho
Easy there tiger, the chapter is coming out in March
Old 2010-02-03, 22:42   Link #442
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Can't say I was expecting Clare to do much.
But boy did she get her ass handed to her. I mean, man, it wasn't even a fight in the least.
Old 2010-02-03, 23:36   Link #443
vampu

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
thats not true , Priscilla has never been "terrified" of Teresa.
As others have explained, Priscilla's fear of Teresa drove her over the edge. It's the reason she awakened.

Back to my original point, you'd have to think if the "scent" Priscilla is searching for is Teresa's, and if Clare somehow manages to provide Priscilla just that, odds are Priscilla will lose her mind. How do I think it will happen? Not sure... maybe Clare's fully awakened form will remind her of Teresa or Irene? Does anyone remember what happened to Teresa's claymore?

I originally thought Priscilla was searching for Clare's scent (Raki as proxy), but I am starting to believe the lost "memory" she is looking for predates her awakening.
Old 2010-02-03, 23:56   Link #444
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampu View Post
As others have explained, Priscilla's fear of Teresa drove her over the edge. It's the reason she awakened.

Back to my original point, you'd have to think if the "scent" Priscilla is searching for is Teresa's, and if Clare somehow manages to provide Priscilla just that, odds are Priscilla will lose her mind. How do I think it will happen? Not sure... maybe Clare's fully awakened form will remind her of Teresa or Irene? Does anyone remember what happened to Teresa's claymore?

I originally thought Priscilla was searching for Clare's scent (Raki as proxy), but I am starting to believe the lost "memory" she is looking for predates her awakening.
Why do you think Priscilla would lose her mind if she realizes it's Teresa?

What she is looking for isn't a specific memory, but all of them; she wants to remember everything, because everything up till she met Raki, is a blur to her.

If she remembers Teresa, she won't lose her mind since she has no reason too; her dominant malevolent personality is out and has no reason to fear someone she killed. If anything, once she remembers Teresa and Claire, we may finally get some answers from her....like why she let Claire live.

*sigh, with every theory, this is sounding more and more like the anime
Old 2010-02-04, 00:29   Link #445
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
It seems that the queen of blades modes is superior to alicia or beth and that despite clare hasn't fully awakened.
I think that Prissy just wanted to observe her. If she had no interest in Clare. Clare would certainly die in a flash like Alicia.
Old 2010-02-04, 01:04   Link #446
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

you sure about it coming out in March? cause at the end of the chapter, it says see you in our april issue. and assuming this was their february issue, that would imply a one month break.

yeah, pretty sure Priscilla could have stomped her head off if she really wanted to..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-02-04, 01:09   Link #447
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
you sure about it coming out in March? cause at the end of the chapter, it says see you in our april issue. and assuming this was their february issue, that would imply a one month break.

yeah, pretty sure Priscilla could have stomped her head off if she really wanted to..
This was the March issue not February. You can look back at the last chapter's (99) last page and see a 3 in the next issue line. This is the way its always been and god forbidden if someone doesn't always mention each and every chapter thread. It's like a Teresa vs Priscilla discussion, unavoidable.
Old 2010-02-04, 01:35   Link #448
necrosis6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Why was Clare not able to awaken?
I see four possibilities:
1 Clare stopped herself
2 Teresa's side of Clare stopped her
3 Clare is unable to awaken
4 Rafaela's side of Clare stopped her

First let me clarify something. The way I see it is, Clare has three personalities, not three souls inside of her. This means that Teresa is dead and she is not coming back. We know that Yomas are able to take its victims memory and emotions. This was proven at the beginning of the manga with Raki's brother. Since memory transfer is possible Clare might have inherited Teresa's memory from Teresa's Yoma. From the information we have, we can assume that Teresa's head was implanted in Clare. This means that Teresa's brain with all her memories is in Clare.

Back to Clare not been able to awaken.

Clare stopped herself
The first possibility is that Clare stopped herself. I think this is very unlikely. Fist of all it was Clare that wanted to awaken, sopping herself does not make much sense. This also implies that Clare lost control of herself by doing something she did not want to do.

Teresa's side of Clare stopped her
Teresa's side of Clare/Teresa's personality in Clare took control over Clare's own personality and stopped Clare from awakening. This theory is interesting by it has many unknowns. Fist unknown is, how strong is Teresa's influence on Clare. Yoma's are able to take its victims memory, but does the victim have to be alive? We don't know. It also took Clare a period of time to gain some of Teresa's power. This implies that Teresa's influence on Clare is weak. In the past Clare was unable to stop herself from awakening. During those times she had Teresa's influence, but could not stop herself from awakening. So what changed?

Clare is unable to awaken.
This is a real possibility, but I don't like it. First of all I want Clare to fully awaken. It would also mean that Clare is no longer a monster, just a powerful human.

Rafaela's influence on Clare stopped Clare.
This one make more sense to me. The difference between the last time Clare awakened in the North and now is Rafaela. Rafaela was a master at soul link. She spent years thinking on her perceived failure to pull her sister back. And last but not least she gave Clare all of her memory/knowledge. Like I said before, Clare potentially has three personalities; hers, Teresa's and Rafaela's. This is the second time Clare escaped form been taken over without any help. The first time was when she emerged out of Racilia. We attributed this to Clare's willpower, but it might have been Rafaela's influence that made it possible. Clare always had willpower, so what changed?
So why would Rafaela want to stop Clare? Fist of all it is Clare that want to stop herself. It sound like I'm contradicting myself, but Clare has to deal with Rafaela and Teresa's influence on her, just like the Yoma that eat Raki's brother had to cry for Raki when is was about to kill and eat Raki.
Rafaela told Clare she was making a big mistake. We don't know what that mistake was but many assumed that is was Clare quest for revenge that was her big mistake. If this is true, then Rafaela's side of Clare could have been awakened when Clare went all out against Priscilla. with her knowledge of soul like she was able to pull Clare back.
When I say Rafaela, I really mean Clare (Its only one person). Confusing? I know.
Here is another possible reason for Clare not awakening. It could be due to the destroyer. We learned from Beth that even if the claymore is vulnerable to infection, awakening brings the body back under control of the claymore. If the destroyer and fragments share a hive mind, then it would have learned from beth to prevent the awakening of any infected individual. Clare having come out of the Destroyer might be receiving this command to tell her body not to awaken.

That being said, I still consider the remnants of Rafaela's personality to be the source. It's just that I consider the destroyer as one of the only ways a nondead character is responsible for Clare's nonawakening. I prefer the dead to stay dead ...
Old 2010-02-04, 02:43   Link #449
Nesty

freakin good chapters but expected when Clare got owned. I mean pris is made to look like the ultimate boss lol. I wonder waht raki will look like later down the story.
Old 2010-02-04, 03:00   Link #450
rampantsmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis6 View Post
Here is another possible reason for Clare not awakening. It could be due to the destroyer. We learned from Beth that even if the claymore is vulnerable to infection, awakening brings the body back under control of the claymore. If the destroyer and fragments share a hive mind, then it would have learned from beth to prevent the awakening of any infected individual. Clare having come out of the Destroyer might be receiving this command to tell her body not to awaken
The way i saw Beths awakening is that the hellcat spawned from her abdomen.. Thus why Beth having the claymores body and legs. If by awakening the body comes under control of the Claymore, then shouldnt alicia have been able to make her return to human form?
When Beth shoots rods at Priscilla could this be a technique from 'soul linking' sisters or is it because she was infected? i saw it as she was infected so that is why she was able to shoot the rods.
Old 2010-02-04, 03:37   Link #451
Gattberserk

The last part seem very likely to be Pris doing, ripping off all her blades from her body... (The blood gushing out everywhere from her back seem to denote that)

Pris always does that, retaliates once she got damaged beyond a certain point, as you can see during the Alicia + Beth fight and the battle with Easley.

However wat puzzled me is that Clare left arm is still attached to her as a human arm... By right if it was Pris doing, she might have just ripped off the entire arm (which is one giant blade) yet the arm was still there and was reverted to human form...

So wat really happen?
Old 2010-02-04, 04:04   Link #452
Cyclone
Transient Guest

One other thing people are not mentioning much. After Clare mentions Raki by name, Priscilla has no speaking lines until Clare transforms.
It's quite possible that Priscilla did notice Raki being mentioned, but has not had the chance to bring it up yet.
Old 2010-02-04, 04:31   Link #453
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

that's cause Raki's name is written as LUCKY in FH scanlations...maybe priscilla got confused...(OK...that was a bad joke)...but I was wondering the same thing...
Old 2010-02-04, 06:17   Link #454
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
One other thing people are not mentioning much. After Clare mentions Raki by name, Priscilla has no speaking lines until Clare transforms.
It's quite possible that Priscilla did notice Raki being mentioned, but has not had the chance to bring it up yet.
I doubt she cares to bring it up but if she didn't realize Raki is connected with Clare long ago then she might be mentally retarded. Raki and her have been searching for this Claymore named Clare and coincidentally this Claymore name is also Clare, Deneve screams her name a ridiculous amount of times this chapter. Also apparently the smell she was following on Raki originates from this Claire. All in all pretty strong and clear evidence

I don't see either of them caring that the other is connected to Raki. It's an absolutely irrelevant point. Both have goals that take much higher priority.
Old 2010-02-04, 06:25   Link #455
MichaelAngelo

It is just of pure opinion that the reason Clare wasn't able to transform wasn't Priscilla's doing. If she did this to sarcastically demean Clare, it wasn't the conversation's tone. The translation said that it was an unexpected accident. I agree with the theory that it was Rafela's control over her. The time lapse from the North to the present is 7 years and within that period it was assumed that Clare could always awaken. After that of the Rafaela's bequeathing scene, there were much to be answered. And one of these might be why Clare couldn't transform into a monster that easily.
I mean she was already with it with her blades, so what made her go back? Probably Rafaela' s consciousness in her, forced her to revert back because doing so wasn't any good idea at all. From the way I saw the lines, they were trying to tell something more important than just sensing the yoki of Teresa in Clare's. It's as if both Clare and Priscilla have connection with each other. Could it be possible that Priscilla was Clare's sister? Or Teresa was Priscilla's older sister? And who can prove this? There is no indication in the manga but it would rather be of melodrama to actually realize a scene like this. An d killing Priscilla might be a big mistake?
Further, it seems like Clare has superior fighting abilities than Alicia, as others also noticed. The manga was kind of introducing that Clare has a chance to overpower Priscilla and it wouldn't b e easy for Priscilla to kill Clare either.
For the incoming chapter I see Miria and Galatea beside Clare.

Last edited by MichaelAngelo; 2010-02-04 at 06:35.
Old 2010-02-04, 06:36   Link #456
rampantsmurf

Ch 92 : Soul Seal. What does the title of this chapter indicate. Clares soul is now sealed? or was it Regarding rafaela etc?

ch92 p 26-27 "Carve it into your own body..." There is another hint that Rafaela has given her information and she could carve out a new body using the information she was given.
Once we find out what exactly rafaela gave Clare i think the answers to many questions will be answered.
Old 2010-02-04, 06:37   Link #457
MichaelAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampantsmurf View Post
Ch 92 : Soul Seal. What does the title of this chapter indicate. Clares soul is now sealed? or was it Regarding rafaela etc?

ch92 p 26-27 "Carve it into your own body..." There is another hint that Rafaela has given her information and she could carve out a new body using the information she was given.
Once we find out what exactly rafaela gave Clare i think the answers to many questions will be answered.
Yeah. I also think so. All this time I believe it was more of Rafelela's factor than Teresa's factor that counted more recently.
Old 2010-02-04, 07:12   Link #458
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
Further, it seems like Clare has superior fighting abilities than Alicia, as others also noticed. The manga was kind of introducing that Clare has a chance to overpower Priscilla and it wouldn't b e easy for Priscilla to kill Clare either.
For the incoming chapter I see Miria and Galatea beside Clare.
We can only asume she has superior fighting abilities. I think she'll be a bit stornger than an AO unless she gets a power up from Teresa somehow. She recieved information from Rafaela but I doubt that would suddenly make her stronger. Maybe in the long run by applying what she learned but not with awakening now. Clare is getting stronger each time she goes past her limit. Alicia is an AO level and she couldn't touch Rrissy. Clare did but that wasn't because she was way stronger than Prissy or Alicia for that matter. Prissy suffered the same sort of damage when fighting Beth and Alicia (well less compared to now but she still got cut up a lot) As it was pointed out (not in this thread) Prissy regenarates so fast she doesn't really care about the damage done to her because it's actually doesn't do permanent damage. That was very clear during her fight with Isley when he pretty much destroyed her body and in a blink of an eye she was back.
Prissy wasn't serious in any of the fights, if she would they'll be dead in the blink of an eye. Prissy's overwelming power was reinforced the last few chapters with her killing 2 and 1/2 AO with her bare hands without really trying. Even if Clare was a bit stronger than an AO it would just take Prissy two seconds to kill her instead of one.
Old 2010-02-04, 08:10   Link #459
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Why do you think Priscilla would lose her mind if she realizes it's Teresa?

What she is looking for isn't a specific memory, but all of them; she wants to remember everything, because everything up till she met Raki, is a blur to her.

If she remembers Teresa, she won't lose her mind since she has no reason too; her dominant malevolent personality is out and has no reason to fear someone she killed. If anything, once she remembers Teresa and Claire, we may finally get some answers from her....like why she let Claire live.

*sigh, with every theory, this is sounding more and more like the anime
Not only Clare, but why she let every little girl live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
We can only asume she has superior fighting abilities. I think she'll be a bit stornger than an AO unless she gets a power up from Teresa somehow. She recieved information from Rafaela but I doubt that would suddenly make her stronger. Maybe in the long run by applying what she learned but not with awakening now. Clare is getting stronger each time she goes past her limit. Alicia is an AO level and she couldn't touch Rrissy. Clare did but that wasn't because she was way stronger than Prissy or Alicia for that matter. Prissy suffered the same sort of damage when fighting Beth and Alicia (well less compared to now but she still got cut up a lot) As it was pointed out (not in this thread) Prissy regenarates so fast she doesn't really care about the damage done to her because it's actually doesn't do permanent damage. That was very clear during her fight with Isley when he pretty much destroyed her body and in a blink of an eye she was back.
Prissy wasn't serious in any of the fights, if she would they'll be dead in the blink of an eye. Prissy's overwelming power was reinforced the last few chapters with her killing 2 and 1/2 AO with her bare hands without really trying. Even if Clare was a bit stronger than an AO it would just take Prissy two seconds to kill her instead of one.
I think Clare got stronger not just mentally, but physically from her incident with Rafaela. Her body was broken apart and put back together after all.
Old 2010-02-04, 08:15   Link #460
rampantsmurf

Yes priscilla would kill Clare in an instant. But I think that Clares abilities surpass Alicia/Beth. While dueling Rafaela she annihilated her with using just a quick sword.

Someone posted earlier that Teresa was same time as alicia and beth etc. And that Rafaela mistook Teresa as Alicia or Beth.
Not entirely true, upon rereading ch64 you will see rafaela travelling through the town overhearing a villager saying "Did you hear about the Zemas? Recently they had twin girls" Recently meaning newborns etc.
Then while walking in the forest Teresa tracked Rafaela, teresa greeting Rafaela with a " Hey Sis" rafaela then asking "Do you have a sister?" Teresa saying " No", Then Rafaela saying " Thank God."
So Teresa is a few years older than the Twins, and a few years older than Priscilla.
Closed Thread