AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-08, 01:25   Link #4781
celestialguy

One thing I'm curious about is whether fate created the magical world or did he/his master found the master key/staff that allows them to "rewrite" the world.

If fate actually create the magical world, why would he destroy the world 20 years and again now?
celestialguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 01:37   Link #4782
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialguy View Post
One thing I'm curious about is whether fate created the magical world or did he/his master found the master key/staff that allows them to "rewrite" the world.

If fate actually create the magical world, why would he destroy the world 20 years and again now?
I'm pretty sure the world is older than 20 years. If it's been around long enough to establish a royal bloodline, population of several billion people, a complex system of government, and megitek airships, I'd say it's been around for a while.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:50   Link #4783
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Man, it really would have helped if he had a weapon that wasn't made in the Magic World, eh? Speaking of which, when's the last time we saw Negi's staff? I know he's a shounen force of hand-to-hand death, but it's still a priceless heirloom. Even if it's probably an illusion.

Anyway, damn. It's official, they're all fake. My question now is, who the hell built an entire fake world full of fake people, and more to the point, why? That's a pretty crazy hobby.

"Hey Mage, whatcha doin?"
"Ah, you know. Making a fake world of pretend semi-monster people and stuff."
"....You could just write a book or something, couldn't you? Wouldn't that be easier?"
"Yeah.... just.... I dunno. I'd rather live there and be all Godly and evil."
".....You're pretty creepy, eh?"
"Ah, c'mon, it's not like they're real or anything."
"Well, good luck with that."
"Dance, puppets, dance!"
I believe it is stated somewhere in the manga that MW was created as a home for some exiled mages (persecution from the mundanes?). My guess is LM didn't think there were enough players on the server to make it a good game, so he added some NPCs... ^_^

Seriously, though, at the time this presumably would have happened (assuming from the predominant language), Earth would have still been in the heights of the Roman Empire, and since being skilled enough to have been a mage back then would have required some serious education, the new immigrants probably came from noble families (or at least rich citizenry). Nobles need servants and someone to rule, and if they were exiled, they probably didn't get to take any with them.
Old 2010-02-08, 02:09   Link #4784
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the world is older than 20 years. If it's been around long enough to establish a royal bloodline, population of several billion people, a complex system of government, and megitek airships, I'd say it's been around for a while.
It's been around for a thousand years if we follow the history of it, based on how long the royal bloodline has existed.

Also, it might be possible that Fate and K.E. are destroying the MW so they can start all over again. If we look here, we see that Fate states he wants to save the world. If he was gonna destroy MW just like that, why would he say something like that?

Secondly, looking here, The LM's full title is "Mage of the Beginning". So the theory here is that they want to rebuild the MW, make it better. Their method is like growing grapes. To get the fruitiest and most subtle, you have to get rid of the bad ones. It's just a theory, though.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 03:04   Link #4785
Blank-Mage

Hmm, making improvements to the MW isn't exactly 'saving' it. What, are they saving it from mediocrity, then? The fact that he says 'saves' implies it's in danger of collapse. So, either there is a very real threat to the world, or Fate and Friends are just misusing the word due to their whacked priorities. Personally, I'm going to put my money on collapse. I mean, something must have provoked all of this, we just have yet to figure out what.
Old 2010-02-08, 04:58   Link #4786
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Mmm since there is the need to Erase all of the "Puppets" persay x.x maybe the existance of the mw citizens is causing the mw to collapse.
Old 2010-02-08, 10:41   Link #4787
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I wonder if this have something to do with the mages from....the place where Nagi disappeared to. I think it's Istanbul or something.

I think it was stated in vol 5-6 that Fate is someone from Istanbul....damn, I wonder what happened in there >_>; Perhaps the mage of the beginning is someone from that place ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 11:42   Link #4788
ZeroForever

honestly theory wise i'm leaning more towards limitations of the magic in that the Magic world is straining it's own capacity.

So in order to technically save the world from collapsing Fate is trying to refresh the world, which would 'Save the existance of the world' however doing that would at the expense of all the non-humans living there which Nagi and such were trying to stop. This would work in line with what Nagi's master and the Magus of the beginning said to him.
Old 2010-02-08, 15:24   Link #4789
Chris38

I'm also wondering what is causing the destruction of the Magical World, since I don't believe it was said yet, what it is, but you're theory ZeroForever sounds quite plausible in my opinion ... I'm also interested in how Negi is going to fight Fate in the condition he is in right now ...
Spoiler for Chapter 279:

And is it just me, but now when I'm able to compare Fate and Negi in their adult forms they both look kind of badass. (well Fate especially with the expression he has got when he appeared in chapter 278 ...)
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:34   Link #4790
celestialguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
It's been around for a thousand years if we follow the history of it, based on how long the royal bloodline has existed.

Also, it might be possible that Fate and K.E. are destroying the MW so they can start all over again. If we look here, we see that Fate states he wants to save the world. If he was gonna destroy MW just like that, why would he say something like that?

Secondly, looking here, The LM's full title is "Mage of the Beginning". So the theory here is that they want to rebuild the MW, make it better. Their method is like growing grapes. To get the fruitiest and most subtle, you have to get rid of the bad ones. It's just a theory, though.
What I meant was that fate/LM wanted to destroy MW 20 years ago the time of Nagi and Co. I was not stating the MW was only 20 years old.

So in theory what fate is trying to do is something similar to how the Matrix works in the Matrix trilogy. They are masters of a virtual realm where they can change whatever they want with the key/staff.
celestialguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:46   Link #4791
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dunno how strong is Fate ... At least Rakan touch him once . He is badass .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:55   Link #4792
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Rakan probably lied on his power level scale id say Rakan would be a 16,000 with him using the true power of his Adeat, but Fate still being unphased really id say Fate would probably be a 24,000 or so <.<
Old 2010-02-08, 20:03   Link #4793
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Rakan probably lied on his power level scale id say Rakan would be a 16,000 with him using the true power of his Adeat, but Fate still being unphased really id say Fate would probably be a 24,000 or so <.<
i don't think Fate was more powerful then Raken. Fate's main advantage comes form the Code of the Life Maker, without it he would lose.
Old 2010-02-08, 20:09   Link #4794
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Fate was merely toying with him tho, even taking the hits he got up right after them, cause he has the power of the code of the life maker he just treated him like the puppet he was and got ride of him, In the case that Rakan could resist the code I think fate would show his true powers that im hoping and curious to see if he has :P.

But I also doubt my statement a bit because during the fight Negi vs Rakan it seemed like Fate was really scared/upset of negi's growth in power. Thus meaning he could be powerful but Fate could of only toyed with rakan cause he had the back up of the code. Negi vs Fate should be really interesting since we know Nagi was able to beat him before.
Old 2010-02-08, 21:49   Link #4795
ChronoReverse

Not really, Fate was definitely beaten out by Rakan in sheer power. Fate was crushed by Rakan the first time before the Lifemaker Code reset everything (Fate doesn't control Lifemaker, by his own admission, he's just a puppet of it himself). Even with the unfair advantage of the Lifemaker Code, Rakan STILL managed to pound him a second time anyway.

Last edited by ChronoReverse; 2010-02-08 at 22:16.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 23:36   Link #4796
Blank-Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Not really, Fate was definitely beaten out by Rakan in sheer power. Fate was crushed by Rakan the first time before the Lifemaker Code reset everything (Fate doesn't control Lifemaker, by his own admission, he's just a puppet of it himself). Even with the unfair advantage of the Lifemaker Code, Rakan STILL managed to pound him a second time anyway.
Speaking oh which, Negi would be wise to get Fate while he's still down.
Old 2010-02-09, 00:38   Link #4797
Nesty

just saw the jpn spoiler for chp 279....

they aren't real, so many characters gone and rakan goes away 1 more time This is way too depressing T_T
Old 2010-02-09, 01:36   Link #4798
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Speaking oh which, Negi would be wise to get Fate while he's still down.
Wise perhaps, but still futile since Fate can still "reset the game". We don't know if rewrite will work on Negi (it certainly doesn't seem to affect people who are completely of the Old World) but simply being able to remove all damage even after what was implied to be destruction is apparently even more broken than Rakan.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 03:01   Link #4799
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Wise perhaps, but still futile since Fate can still "reset the game". We don't know if rewrite will work on Negi (it certainly doesn't seem to affect people who are completely of the Old World) but simply being able to remove all damage even after what was implied to be destruction is apparently even more broken than Rakan.
Hahaha, didn't you read chapter 279? This is shonen... Rakan really went and said it... all you need is KIAI and you'll find a way.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 07:12   Link #4800
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Hahaha, didn't you read chapter 279? This is shonen... Rakan really went and said it... all you need is KIAI and you'll find a way.
just like what nagi did with the life maker before

it still not clear whether they can affect real world's people. but the hood guy said he'll (and can) send nodoka to the same world as craig/the girl(sasha?). the different thing is he said her body will remain = this mean she would likely be the same as "dead" I suppose?

although the beam didnt affect Yue at all...

and I think it wont work on Negi as he is 1. half real world people (being nagi's son) 2. the descendant of the life maker himself (arika's son)
he got to have a special magic just like arika
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy