AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-21, 19:12   Link #5661
hypnomagica

Everyone keeps commenting on how Negi "wiped the floor" with Setsuna and Kaede but you all seem to be forgetting that they were both holding back. Remember that Kaede and Setsuna both use fighting styles specifically designed for killing.If you look back on the dialog during that chapter you can clearly see Eva commenting that the fact that they cant kill him is a serious hamper on their ability to fight him. While I would say that Negi is probably stronger than Setsuna or Kaede individually, I don't think it's by very much if they were to be serious.
hypnomagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 19:22   Link #5662
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Kaede is a human and so is Setsuna...Negi is part magic world and can move at the speed of light for like 4000 times and was able to beat Rakan....I highly doubt Kaede or Setsuna could even scratch Rakan. lol
Old 2010-06-21, 19:28   Link #5663
hypnomagica

Umm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Kaede is a human and so is Setsuna...Negi is part magic world and can move at the speed of light for like 4000 times and was able to beat Rakan....I highly doubt Kaede or Setsuna could even scratch Rakan. lol
Kurt Godel managed to scratch Negi pretty well though. Given that Setsuna can perform the same move and that her style is made to fight magical creatures in the first place, I'd say that she could fight him on pretty even ground, especially when you take her new bad-ass artifact into account.

As for Kaede, did you forget that she once fought Colonel to a stand still and even managed to survive an attack from the Thousand Master? That was before her extensive training in the Magic World, mind.
Old 2010-06-21, 20:01   Link #5664
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Im pretty sure if Colonel Sanders (hehe) wanted to kill her he would of, also Nagi wouldn't kill a little girl also.

Godel was also fighting Negi during the enroachment of the magica ereba also having his mind toyed with also by videos of his dad and his home.

Were talking about Negi being stronger than the rest of his group (Now) and he can partially control the berserk form of ME and apply Raiten Taisou to it. The leader of the harem and the main characters / evil masters will always be stronger than the harem. Harem vs Harem Negis side is probably stronger tho
Old 2010-06-21, 20:08   Link #5665
hypnomagica

Quote:
Im pretty sure if Colonel Sanders (hehe) wanted to kill her he would of, also Nagi wouldn't kill a little girl also.

Godel was also fighting Negi during the enroachment of the magica ereba also having his mind toyed with also by videos of his dad and his home.

Were talking about Negi being stronger than the rest of his group (Now) and he can partially control the berserk form of ME and apply Raiten Taisou to it. The leader of the harem and the main characters / evil masters will always be stronger than the harem. Harem vs Harem Negis side is probably stronger tho
Like I said, in a one-on-one fight I think Negi would win I just also happen to think it would be rather close. And the argument that he must be the strongest simply because he is the main character doesnt really hold much weight as he only very recently became stronger than Setsuna or Kaede. Besides which, he isn't the only one to have grown stronger, everyone has increased in power while int the magic world and we have yet to see Kaede get serious.
Old 2010-06-21, 23:25   Link #5666
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Looking at the spoilers, they just made the perfect excuse for Negi to not punch Tsukuyomi's lights out. He can have to go and fight the effload of demons she summoned while Setsuna fights her. Negi can still be better and yet the Setsuna fans get their rematch, everyone wins.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 00:18   Link #5667
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Looking at the spoilers, they just made the perfect excuse for Negi to not punch Tsukuyomi's lights out. He can have to go and fight the effload of demons she summoned while Setsuna fights her. Negi can still be better and yet the Setsuna fans get their rematch, everyone wins.
And since she had a GMK, escaping from the precarious situation she was in at the end of 292 is simple enough as well (plus it gives Negi valuable experience toward figuring out a way around the use of Fate's GMK over the course of their impending battle). I still think there's bound to be a shikigami involved somewhere. It just seems too soon for Psycho-han to be jumping the good guys in such a climactic manner...
Old 2010-06-22, 01:26   Link #5668
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Tsukuyomi doesn't really seem like she thinks of whats gonna happen next really...just goes with her hunger to fight, I'm betting this is the end of her.
Old 2010-06-22, 01:34   Link #5669

Quote:
1) Setsuna's only half human. Negi, on the other hand, is entirely human.

2) Negi moves at the speed of lightning, not the speed of light. The difference is a factor of 2000.

3) Negi didn't beat Rakan. He tied with him, after stacking ME, Theodora's pactio (including a power boost, which he no longer has), multiple brand-new high-level spells, and an extremely intricate plan that specifically required Kotaro to help him and relied on Rakan's personality in order to work. On top of this, Rakan plainly wasn't trying very hard. At the end, wrecked as he was after being hit with his own power on top of everything Negi had, Rakan was still able enough that our young hero had to use Agilitas Fulminis just to hold his own against him in a casual fist fight...

4) Negi couldn't scratch Rakan either. That's what Taiindou was for...

Last edited by 93143; 2010-06-22 at 19:35.
93143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 02:02   Link #5670
AlphaDragoon

I think what the guy is trying to say is that you could stick in Setsuna against Rakan, give her a detailed plan that plays against his personality, and even make him kill Konoka in front of her to put her at maximum rage mode and she couldn't even match him as Negi did, she'd still get flat out handled.

Negi's the only one in Ala Alba who could have gotten that far against Rakan. He's the only one who would be able to beat Fate, too. But that makes sense...he's the main character.
Old 2010-06-22, 02:38   Link #5671

Just correcting some inaccuracies...

You know, Raiten Taisou 2 is actually pretty broken when you think about it... I'm not sure I want to see him keep the ability to do it, regardless of the excuse (looks like the "becoming a demon" thing was probably a red herring caused by vague writing and/or glitchy translation, but even so)...
Old 2010-06-22, 02:58   Link #5672
AlphaDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93143 View Post
Just correcting some inaccuracies...

You know, Raiten Taisou 2 is actually pretty broken when you think about it... I'm not sure I want to see him keep the ability to do it, regardless of the excuse (looks like the "becoming a demon" thing was probably a red herring caused by vague writing and/or glitchy translation, but even so)...
Ah, I see. Yeah, I just think the guy was trying to make the point that only Negi could have ever gotten as far as he did against Rakan, and didn't really pay attention to all the details.
Old 2010-06-22, 11:52   Link #5673
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I think what the guy is trying to say is that you could stick in Setsuna against Rakan, give her a detailed plan that plays against his personality, and even make him kill Konoka in front of her to put her at maximum rage mode and she couldn't even match him as Negi did, she'd still get flat out handled.
I dunno about that... I agree that in a straight up fight, Rakan would own her, with not the least of reasons being his deific lechery. But it seems to me "killing Konoka" would be the Negima equivalent of drawing the moustache on the picture of Droopy's girlfriend. To quote HnK, "omae wa mou shindeiru". You just don't mess with oujo-sama...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-06-22 at 12:22.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 15:30   Link #5674
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I dunno about that... I agree that in a straight up fight, Rakan would own her, with not the least of reasons being his deific lechery. But it seems to me "killing Konoka" would be the Negima equivalent of drawing the moustache on the picture of Droopy's girlfriend. To quote HnK, "omae wa mou shindeiru". You just don't mess with oujo-sama...
Or we can go the bad end(s) of Heaven's Feel route as an alternative...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 19:29   Link #5675
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Negi moves at the speed of lightning, not the speed of light. The difference is a factor of two million.
Isn't it more like 50000? It's definitely not two million; that would leave him subsonic and a good deal slower than Rakan, which he clearly wasn't in the fight.
Old 2010-06-22, 19:40   Link #5676

Good catch; edited. It was late at night...

He's stated to move at around 150 km/s, which is 150,000 m/s, or ~1/2000 of c... blasted decimal...

Last edited by 93143; 2010-06-22 at 20:23.
Old 2010-06-22, 19:44   Link #5677
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

2) Negi moves at the speed of lightning, not the speed of light. The difference is a factor of two million.
his father also has the affinity of lightning.... but negi uses it for speed true...... but the difference in light and lightning should be like this imo.....

LIGHTNING
-if you were to move with it, i'm pretty sure that a second will turn into 30 seconds in your perception and all of time around you will be slowed down to a factor of .5

-as lightning only flashes one second, at that moment, THAT is the only window the user has time for

-i'm pretty sure he's pretty much using "blitz" (i wanna call it that because he's literally running by lightning) maneuvers each time he fights

LIGHT
-yeah right..... everything will slow down to a factor of .30 or maybe stopping completely once you are in that speed. once there you have all the time in the world... as it is not limited to only a second of lightning.....

- if we are running inside a dark tunnel, its like an instant when we see the light...... so once we see the light, its like we are already struck...... without us even knowing or reacting to it...
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 20:24   Link #5678

...never mind...

Last edited by 93143; 2010-06-22 at 22:10.
Old 2010-06-23, 01:30   Link #5679
Nesty

Quote:
ROFL, Tsukuyomi's about to get facerolled.

NEVER fuck with Negi's students while he's around. NEVER.
seriously, he looks like he's gonna snap her neck :P
Old 2010-06-23, 02:04   Link #5680
GreatTeacherKen

I wonder if Fate's got something up his sleeve, it seems a bit sudden and reckless for Tsukuyomi to ambush Negi and co. so suddenly.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy