AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-09, 00:11   Link #541
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@FMA

well if you found the AF hot, you're proly gonna love em'
Old 2011-03-09, 03:31   Link #542
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
lol s N m? wonder if she also would be carring a whip then (along with her claymore of course )

- - - -

I agree to the point Kinematics was making. She sounds more like a defensive type with massive yoki for even her individual body fragments to have taken hours to die. This might be a result of her going over the limit (i.e. crossing the border to achieve super powers where even individual body parts can have its own unique yoki control and manifestations like Isley had with his arrows). This also makes me wonder when they revive her, would she be like HA warriors (similar to ghosts) or more like AB already as we don't know how far she went with her limit.
ya does sound plausible with her eatin dirt to no end without ever dying. The only thing I find strange about it: that basically makes her a zombie. So she'd be a #1 zombified who's special power is: being a zombie. She might be truly immortal
Old 2011-03-09, 04:13   Link #543
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
ya does sound plausible with her eatin dirt to no end without ever dying. The only thing I find strange about it: that basically makes her a zombie. So she'd be a #1 zombified who's special power is: being a zombie. She might be truly immortal
They are going to attempt to "revive" her...only to realize she's been FAKING IT the entire time.
Old 2011-03-09, 05:51   Link #544
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
They are going to attempt to "revive" her...only to realize she's been FAKING IT the entire time.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:07   Link #545
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Guys, there is another possibility.

Let's say they revive Teresa and the 2 others. Do we have any gaurantee they all will actually obey the Org? For example, I could envision a scenario where Casandra and the other one start wiping everyone out wholesale and it starts looking very bleak for our heros and then Teresa snaps out of it and turns on the other two (then having a "kill me" moment or something).

Plus, if Yagi is going to go down this new age road of "no killing" for the good guys that I fear (I so hope he's not...), then he needs a force that is not part of the good guys to take out the Organization. A zombie Teresa would be almost ideal for this purpose. She could kill all the MiBs and, because she's a Zombie, she could be killed (or choose to die or whatever) for her "crimes" ("crimes"[=killing of MiBs] which everyone supports in this case). That way everyone has suffered and thus "entitled" to the benefits of Teresa's actions, but everyone got to keep their hands clean by not actually doing any of the work required (Isn't that just lovely?).

Teresa's revival or 2nd death scene, would also be an ideal way to get Clare to come out of that blob. If Clare senses Teresa, she's going Org HQ - with or without Priscilla, Rafaela and Luciella in tow. Best way to call Clare there would be Teresa doing a youki release.

One thing we can be pretty sure of though - if Yagi starts teasing us by showing the faces of only 2 of former no.1 for months, then we can be pretty sure that the 3rd is Teresa.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:42   Link #546
BlackMagister

Yep if they're revived we have no idea how they'll act. However Dae wouldn't revive them unless he believed they would easily obey him or he had some way of controlling them. Plus it would be anticlamatic if even just Teresa obeyed from the start so if Teresa did become a "good guy" it would mean the other two would have to be really strong, as strong or stronger than Teresa.

Teresa if fully revived with her personality wouldn't be the kind of person to kill other Claymores however we don't know the personalities of the other rank 1s so even if they realize what is going on they could just end up not caring and killing everyone anyways. There is also the possibiltiy of Priscilla and Clare getting involved in this fight if Teresa is present.

As for Teresa killing the MiB not really sure, Teresa was never a killer and only killed the bandits out of rage for them hurting Clare not because she hated them personally. Teresa while hinting she knew that they sent Yoma to destroy towns may or may not know the full extent of the Organization's schemes.
Old 2011-03-09, 15:42   Link #547
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I still don't see Teresa ever coming back, whether through interest or logic; I do agree with you 100% though Cyclone on just how frustrating it is the whole "no killing" in recent times: how the main hero(s), usually one male, talks on and on about not killing his enemies but when he's forced into the position, something comes along to save his butt, letting him continue to preach.

I doubt Claymore will ever go that way because it's simply too dark a series for something so light-hearted; I haven't seen the signs so I really don't see anything to worry about .
Old 2011-03-09, 20:58   Link #548
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Since theres was no real way of contemplating how the AF were working... (the shared mind), I am pretty sure the org has figured a way to control at least warriors whom have lost their human minds. I would assume these zombie warriors are pretty much not their former selves.

I mean look at the things they are able to do compared to the times when whe saw them trying to master yoki sync in creating perfect AO obedient to them. So with the further development of creatures such as AF and revival of no.1s there must be a method where they have some sort of control mechanism for them. I am betting this might be some sort of kill switch or something, coz we really don't know if the dead warriors would be able to generate their own yoki or if they would be running on the yoki of prissy... well its just a spec for now I guess. We'll see what they are like soon enough.
Old 2011-03-11, 02:35   Link #549
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
x3 for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I"m really interested to find out about the 3 revival claymores in the back.
Old 2011-03-11, 03:19   Link #550
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Well... odds even if Teresa isn't one of the 3, the door will be opened for at least a glimmer of hope of her returning in Clare's eyes upon finding out about them once she comes back. Yagi could deliver on it or use it to punch fans in the gut. I'm thinking they won't be relieved until the end of next chapter... so we may not see anyone but Cassandra until the following ch.

Mostly posting though to say... I really hope no major casualties happened in the 8.9 earthquake at epicenter (USGS and Japan seems to be saying it was a 8.4) in Japan and following Tsunami (spreading out to the entire Pacific atm... if you live any where on the Pacific near coast check to see if you need to evacuate). Doubt this will effect Claymore's next release though weeklies might likely be effected... anyways we as fans understand they have to deal with that before anything else and our hearts & thoughts go out to them.

PS I just saw the midnight screening of Battle Los Angeles... good action movie, give it a recommend. If a manga/anime you read/watch is delayed seeing the movie might be a good way to spend your time waiting for a possibly long delay for it's release.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-03-11 at 03:44.
Old 2011-03-11, 05:20   Link #551
Vinak
Procrastinator

Spoiler for chapter 109:

I'd expect the return of Teresa would give Galatea a run for her money.

Raki couldn't do it...Irene perhaps, if she is still alive. (opening a can o'worms)
Old 2011-03-11, 07:51   Link #552
Milia_Genei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Mostly posting though to say... I really hope no major casualties happened in the 8.9 earthquake at epicenter (USGS and Japan seems to be saying it was a 8.4) in Japan and following Tsunami (spreading out to the entire Pacific atm... if you live any where on the Pacific near coast check to see if you need to evacuate). Doubt this will effect Claymore's next release though weeklies might likely be effected... anyways we as fans understand they have to deal with that before anything else and our hearts & thoughts go out to them.
Hawaii - real danger. Evacuation in progress.

Australia, east Russia, California (USA) and Mexico - countries probably aren't in real danger, but I saw in TV, that earthquake effects may appear therein.

In Japan is very bad situation (no electricity, no drinking water, reactors in danger, destroyed roads, destroyed houses, destroyed harbours...). 50 people died, but it isn't final number. UE declared help.

I don't know, where in Japan Yagi lives. Is his home town in danger?

What we really fighting for?
Old 2011-03-11, 12:31   Link #553
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Reminds me of the tsunami that we had which stuck Indonesia. Anyway, I really am keen to see that things are heating up at the right time. So most probably the next chapter is going to be a blast. Something has to give. It looks like Clare and only Clare will be the who would be even capable of saving the day now.
Old 2011-03-11, 14:12   Link #554
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Yagi is probably unharmed, he comes from okinawa which wasn't hit by the tsunami.
Thank God!!!
Old 2011-03-11, 14:25   Link #555
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Word of warning... someone just negged me for talking about the tsunami for not posting on a thread that didn't exist at the time of my post . I agree we should keep talk of that to a minimum but still this does apply to Claymore and anime/manga in general (minimal talk about this I don't think anyone mod would have a problem with). I feel it was on topic and was kept to a minimum of needed info and thought, so it wasn't a major off topic post. Sorry but I disagree with you're thoughts that it was truly off that topic. Plus half the post was talk of Claymore...

Thanks for the news irvinethearcher, feel a lot better now (hope he didn't lose any friends/family). Now to check on my other fav mangaka's...
Old 2011-03-11, 15:35   Link #556
Butagami

Quote:
Word of warning... someone just negged me for talking about the tsunami for not posting on a thread that didn't exist at the time of my post . I agree we should keep talk of that to a minimum but still this does apply to Claymore and anime/manga in general (minimal talk about this I don't think anyone mod would have a problem with). I feel it was on topic and was kept to a minimum of needed info and thought, so it wasn't a major off topic post. Sorry but I disagree with you're thoughts that it was truly off that topic. Plus half the post was talk of Claymore...

Thanks for the news irvinethearcher, feel a lot better now (hope he didn't lose any friends/family). Now to check on my other fav mangaka's...
Someone negged you for caring about others? It's a good thing I know where my missing broomstick is, but now that I know I don't want it back anymore
Old 2011-03-11, 15:43   Link #557
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Yagi is probably unharmed, he comes from okinawa which wasn't hit by the tsunami.
Thank God!!!
*blink blink, how do you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus

Jesus christ, some people really have nothing better to do

Whatever helps them feel like a hero I guess , ironic in that they always have a "secret identity" and never leave their names
Old 2011-03-11, 17:37   Link #558
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
Spoiler for chapter 109:

I'd expect the return of Teresa would give Galatea a run for her money.

Raki couldn't do it...Irene perhaps, if she is still alive. (opening a can o'worms)
Am I the only one thinking that pris was caught with her pants out? I think that, at the time she was caught out, she was like do what you want..i don’t care face. I also think that will come back(teresa) because of her power but I don’t see how she will kick off clare out of there. That page also says that the VR battle like she had with Rafaela will not happen ( maybe yagi does not want to repeat himself)

Quote:
Thank God!!!
Good news indeed!
Old 2011-03-11, 17:53   Link #559
BlackMagister

Quote:
Thank God!!!
Yagi being born in Okinawa doesn't mean he lives in Okinawa or was there when the tsunami hit. We'll just have to wait before speculating on a mangka's safety.

Quote:
Well... odds even if Teresa isn't one of the 3, the door will be opened for at least a glimmer of hope of her returning in Clare's eyes upon finding out about them once she comes back. Yagi could deliver on it or use it to punch fans in the gut. I'm thinking they won't be relieved until the end of next chapter... so we may not see anyone but Cassandra until the following ch.
This would require Clare not having fought the revived warriors at all and instead having the events described to her from whoever survives. I'm not sure if they would realize these are ex-rank 1 warriors (though you could easily guess), but even if they don't say the revived warriors were rank 1s simply revived warriors would be enough to make Clare's heart jump. Otherwise I would just imagine Clare shows up and sees they're not Teresa, although a hectic battle could make the identity of the revived warriors hard to learn.

Not sure what event would make Clare reappear since we aren't getting strong hints yet. Teresa being revived, time, Priscilla breaking free or a yoki sensor (Renee?) could tamper with the seal. Even the Destroyer/Raphaela as it's still weird that Clare was able to control the Destroyer as it "destroyed" Raphaela's personality.

Last edited by BlackMagister; 2011-03-11 at 18:06.
Old 2011-03-12, 00:53   Link #560
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

so... bored as I was, I decided to count the unique faces of Warriors in the gathering. I counted: 28 warriors plus: #3, #5, #9, #10, and #14. That's 33.

So... with #1, #2 dead, #4, #6, #7, #8, $15, #31, #38 and #47 MIA. That leaves 38.

So, I didn't see 5 unique faces clear enough.... That's quite a lot from the present gen we have faces for now.
Closed Thread