AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 03:40   Link #7741
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Finally ... I hope Akira's time has finally come.

Hmph ... I hope this mini-arc ends soon. It's a little "over the top" for me....
Old 2011-12-26, 07:38   Link #7742
Shadow5YA

If these girls can do this much just to get in Negi's pants, why couldn't they try this hard in the Magic World arc against Fate?

And speaking of Fate, where is he now? Couldn't he have stopped all of this with an iron fist because of how strict he is?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 08:14   Link #7743
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If these girls can do this much just to get in Negi's pants, why couldn't they try this hard in the Magic World arc against Fate?
You're comparing a life-or-death fight against a wanked existence in a terrain configured for Fate's advantage and a school festival on home turf?

Quote:
And speaking of Fate, where is he now? Couldn't he have stopped all of this with an iron fist because of how strict he is?
Most likely he's occupied by something that forces him to not participate of something.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 08:17   Link #7744
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Didn't he said that he won't help Negi and will just observe from afar?
Quote:
why couldn't they try this hard in the Magic World arc against Fate?
Probably because they had already levelled up after beating Fate Seriously though, it's more like the situation when they're fighting Negi is much better than when they're fighting Fate (more pactio user, Zazie's helping physically, etc)

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 12:51   Link #7745
ChronoReverse

Because Negi isn't out there for blood. Fighting to not injure your opponent is far harder than going all out with the intent to kill.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 13:34   Link #7746
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Most likely because he feels that this event is karma finally coming back to bite Negi in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Konoka is a naughty gossip hound really.

That's why Setsuna is probably involved.

Natsumi's pretty much being forced along--she's not going to stand up to that crowd. Zazie's in it for Shits and Giggles, Kaede's always had a mischievous streak, Ako might be in the same boat as Natsumi (less sure on that one though).

Honestly the only girls that I would have a problem with their participation in this are...not participating (other than to 'defend' Negi).
A few problems here with this explanation:

1. We haven't even seen Konoka in action in this storyline yet, which makes the "Setsuna is doing it because Konoka's involved" suggesting invalid for now (even then, Setsuna should have some common sense her given what's about to happen to Asuna after graduation).

2. Even if Kaede is michievious at times, she still sees Negi as more of a little brother to look after (heck, outside of assisting Ku Fei when she kisses the fake Negi, she really didn't get involved in the Kiss Negi contest).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-26 at 13:50.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 00:02   Link #7747
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I'm kinda of the mindset that Negi needs to deliver a hard, flat verbal smackdown on these girls at this point. Not only is what they're doing completely selfish, they're violating their teacher's privacy on top of it.

Now of course, because of the nature of the manga they're gonna get away with it like nothing was wrong. But really, it WAS wrong. And as their teacher he should really call them out on it, and even put an end to this whole "crushing on Negi" thing because it's obviously gone too far.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 01:21   Link #7748
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
I'm kinda of the mindset that Negi needs to deliver a hard, flat verbal smackdown on these girls at this point. Not only is what they're doing completely selfish, they're violating their teacher's privacy on top of it.

Now of course, because of the nature of the manga they're gonna get away with it like nothing was wrong. But really, it WAS wrong. And as their teacher he should really call them out on it, and even put an end to this whole "crushing on Negi" thing because it's obviously gone too far.
Negi needs to bring out the chains, leather restraints and whips Eva can probably provide those.
Old 2011-12-27, 13:05   Link #7749
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post

Given how I've pretty much been having a "Battle Royale" style scenario invovling 3-A ever since I first began reading Negima, part of me prefers that once this mess is finished, Fate would confiscate the Pactio cards of the "bad" students and force them to take part in a "Battle Royale" situation where the last one left standing is the only one in that group who can either retain their Pactio or, if they haven't made one yet, be allowed to make one (as it's obvious that they've been abusing their artifacts).

As for who counts as a "bad" student, it would consist of those who fail to do the following (with examples of people who can be considered "good" because they did the following):

1. Be completely unaware of what 3-A was planning to do (Asuna and Ayaka)

2. Come to Negi's aide during this event (Akira, Chachamaru, Nodoka, and Yue)

3. Simply not get involved in this event whatsoever (not sure if anyone will do this, although I think Satsuki would probably the type that would fit this category).
Old 2011-12-27, 13:09   Link #7750
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post

3. Simply not get involved in this event whatsoever (not sure if anyone will do this, although I think Satsuki would probably the type that would fit this category).
Mana qualifies
Old 2011-12-27, 13:17   Link #7751
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Mana qualifies
Given how there's at least one chapter left, it's possible that Mana may get involved. However, I could see her as one of the "good" students who could come to the aide of either Negi/Akira or Yue/Nodoka (especially as someone who can handle Zazie).
Old 2011-12-27, 16:18   Link #7752
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I'm surprised Negi doesn't have any way to turn off the pactios connected to him. And also rather annoyed at how laidback Negi is about this, even if he does have a little amnesia about it. Turning your pactio artifacts against, using mind control on, and anally-violating your teacher is not cool. Negi ought to revoke their pactios (except Yue/Nodoka, because they switched sides and are my favorites <3).

They don't think he might change his mind about who he likes (if these "small feelings" really do count) after this mess? Nevermind that he clearly won't...
Old 2011-12-27, 16:26   Link #7753
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Humor verse reality.....
Old 2011-12-27, 16:33   Link #7754
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I'm surprised Negi doesn't have any way to turn off the pactios connected to him. And also rather annoyed at how laidback Negi is about this, even if he does have a little amnesia about it. Turning your pactio artifacts against, using mind control on, and anally-violating your teacher is not cool. Negi ought to revoke their pactios (except Yue/Nodoka, because they switched sides and are my favorites <3).

They don't think he might change his mind about who he likes (if these "small feelings" really do count) after this mess? Nevermind that he clearly won't...
like i said earlier, a few session with chains collars, leather restraint and whip and it is all even
Old 2011-12-27, 16:46   Link #7755
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
When it comes to Nodoka and Yue, part of me wonders if they were on Negi's side to begin with and, knowing full well that Haruna would force them to take part in this, were just "blending in" with the rest of 3-A until they had an opportunity to come to his aide. After all:

1. The panel of just Yue and Nodoka following Asuna's little talk about using force to reveal who Negi loves could suggest that they've been planning their "betrayal" towards 3-A well before Asuna's speech.

2. Yue is someone who would know full well about Asuna's magic nullification (and thus would not try to attack her with magic unless she's trying to make it appear she's siding with 3-A).

3. Nodoka could easily use magic nullification as an excuse for not being able to read Asuna's mind when in reality she didn't attempt to do so (not to mention the fact that Nodoka could have easily read Negi's mind and got the information about who he loves at anytime, yet didn't do it).

Still, I agree that there needs to be punishment for those girls who sided with 3-A during this incident.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-27 at 16:57.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 16:48   Link #7756
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Given how there's at least one chapter left, it's possible that Mana may get involved. However, I could see her as one of the "good" students who could come to the aide of either Negi/Akira or Yue/Nodoka (especially as someone who can handle Zazie).
After being paid
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 17:54   Link #7757
Nesty

That negi ass attack is GOLDEN...... This arc is worth reading just seeing that one page.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:00   Link #7758
Mr.Kurosaki
[Bankai]

Quote:
Right-o it's just that the childish and kind mindset was already installed by the author preventing this to happen.
Old 2012-01-02, 18:22   Link #7759
Lisemer

Oh, my god
In my native language (spanish) was translated the special chapter that was in the Volume 0 and there is discussed too the girl Negi has in his head:
Spoiler:

There are other topics in that chapter, like Natsumi's CE and Fate's girls' everyday life, but I don't know how much I can say about that chapter here
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 20:15   Link #7760
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Oh, my god
In my native language (spanish) was translated the special chapter that was in the Volume 0 and there is discussed too the girl Negi has in his head:
Spoiler:
I think that part is supposed to be a joke and not to be taken too seriously.

Tags
action, fantasy