AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-22, 12:48   Link #401
sogno

Is Ginko a time traveller or somehing? Seems like his attire is the most modern of everything else...?
sogno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 13:06   Link #402
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogno
Is Ginko a time traveller or somehing? Seems like his attire is the most modern of everything else...?
Its an intended anachronism. Notice that in one ep (22) he uses a microscope too. Serves a really cool effect imo. Ginko just stands out in so many ways, his apparent modernism contributes greatly to that, you can say it somewhat parallels the knowledge of Mushi that he carries.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 07:26   Link #403
ginko51

Mushishi manga translated?I'm all over it!!

Does anyone have a clue of how the live action movie will be?Storywise I mean.Will it feature some episodes from the anime?Or will it be just one episode from start to finish?Or even a new episode altogether?
ginko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 07:04   Link #404
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow
Mushishi manga translated?I'm all over it!!

Does anyone have a clue of how the live action movie will be?Storywise I mean.Will it feature some episodes from the anime?Or will it be just one episode from start to finish?Or even a new episode altogether?

Ermm.... http://www.comipress.com/?p=540 >> wonder will this link help a bit?
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 12:25   Link #405
gianna
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce
NEWS!! lol Thank you so much
Anyone know (I seriously cannot remmeber It's been so long since I've seen a movie in a theater) how long the movie will be played in theater for? I'm hoping that I can see it when I visit next summer.

(and about the fan arts - I'll get back to whoever asked about that in a week or so when I have time)
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 18:29   Link #406
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Thanks! Now we know the names of at least 3 other actresses in the movie, with hint for one.

Esumi Makiko... considering her age and the impression I get from her off pictures, I'd say there's a real good chance that she'll play... ummm, what was her name... episode 12 lady that turned Ginko into a mushishi.

No idea who Nao Omori is gonna play, he doesn't fit with my idea of Adashino... Yuu Aoi, Yuu Aoi... oh, the actress who plays... Hagu in Honey and Clover. Ok... there's a number of characters she might portray, Renzu perhaps, but she doesn't look like a Tanyuu to me.

*Sigh*
Old 2006-07-28, 19:01   Link #407
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Esumi Makiko... considering her age and the impression I get from her off pictures, I'd say there's a real good chance that she'll play... ummm, what was her name... episode 12 lady that turned Ginko into a mushishi.
Her name is Nui. Even without checking out her pictures (now that I have, I further agree with you), her mention in the article itself was a strong enough clue. I thought "...'female character who has a large influence on Ginko', huh...I bet she's gonna play Nui!". Slated for release in next Spring, hmm, that's a bit pushed back from the original expected showcase this Winter. Anyways, the live action news and its extra morsels of detail are much appreciated.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-07-28 at 21:37.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 09:24   Link #408
Lost

Quote:
Life is good. And Otomo did Steamboy!
Old 2006-07-29, 14:14   Link #409
gianna
gigi

Hopefully a website for the film opens soon.
I wonder if the movie will have him travel throughout it and have stops in a couple of towns - or will it just be a few main stories. Spring seems so far away~
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 15:16   Link #410
canza

Oh wow Mushishi is great!!! Ok everyone has said what I wanted to say so yeah.

Btw, Mushishi REALLY reminds me of Kino's Journey. color of environment and each episode in both the series are very different. Kino examines a different place everytime. Ginko examines a mushi. Yeah...
canza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 15:29   Link #411
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wow. Otomo directing - that's big news - that means this will be a big,
worldwide project - what an auspicious debut for the manga-ka.

The anime has been fantastic since episode one and the manga of
course and now the live action movie coming out of the first project
the manga-ka does - excellent.
Old 2006-08-01, 01:38   Link #412
Lost

Actually I dont understand why people compare Kino no Tabi and Mushishi.. Kino doesnt come anywhere close to the glory that is Mushishi.

Mushishi is so much more realer, so much more deeper and so much more prettier than Kino no Tabi. Sure, they have the same travelling-like character; the same episodic stories, but honestly, Kino disappointed me. I guess it was because I measured Kino by the standards I measure Mushishi, and Kino obviously didnt reach up to Mushishi. No offense intended..
Old 2006-08-01, 04:08   Link #413
wao
OK.

Well, they're probably closer to each other than any other reasonably well known anime series. So comparisons will inevitably be made (how often do you get this sort of show, anyway...). I personally prefer Kino no Tabi to this though, I guess I just empathize with it more or something.
Old 2006-08-04, 11:40   Link #414
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Is it me or was the sound a little different in C1's Mushishi 24 ?
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 15:50   Link #415
lommm
l'homme de lommm

it was like that in the RAW
i think it may have been that way when it aired...
notice the lack of the sore feet song opening

i'm glad i watched the fansub
i think i misunderstood it during the raw
i thought 24 was one of the best episodes

not to be crude, but did anyone else think that the Mushi in this ep looked like a giant sperm?
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 16:26   Link #416
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
24 was a great episode though - and the preview of next ep seems
to foreshadow a focus on Ginko himself perhaps.
Old 2006-08-04, 18:07   Link #417
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
not to be crude, but did anyone else think that the Mushi in this ep looked like a giant sperm?
roflmao. I didn't notice that when I was watching it...but now that you mention it, I guess it did sort of look like a giant sperm. :-P

I'm a huge fan of Mushishi. Especially Ginko, he's awesome. I was kind of hoping for some romantic development somewhere throughout the series, but I'm just fine without it. I just felt like it could have pulled more people towards this show. It isn't getting enough popularity.
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 12:20   Link #418
kauldron26
Med Student

i think its not getting the popularity because i heard it does not have an established story line through out the series. Each episode is a stand alone episode. I saw the first episode but when i read that all eps were like that i just dropped it...

wheres the appeal if there's no story to draw u back in after an episode? im curious because im thinking about picking it up again.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 16:42   Link #419
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26
wheres the appeal if there's no story to draw u back in after an episode? im curious because im thinking about picking it up again.
It's funny you should say that... many, if not most, of the blockbuster live-action TV series made in the US are made up of stand-alone episodes. I agree that an over-arching storyline has its appeal, but considering how many supposedly linear anime are packed with filler and useless episodes, I don't think the lack of an epic plot should put you off Mushishi. It only has slightly less "plot" than, say, Cowboy Bebop.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 17:51   Link #420
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX"
It's funny you should say that... many, if not most, of the blockbuster live-action TV series made in the US are made up of stand-alone episodes. I agree that an over-arching storyline has its appeal, but considering how many supposedly linear anime are packed with filler and useless episodes, I don't think the lack of an epic plot should put you off Mushishi. It only has slightly less "plot" than, say, Cowboy Bebop.
If the story gets into something major, perhaps a 2-part arc would be nice. But actually, I kind of like its episodic pace. For some reason it just fits the series more, considering that Ginko himself gets to travel from place to place.

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-08-06 at 06:34.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural