AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-05, 18:54   Link #301
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Ach! just found out that MJN have finally released subbed eps, 5 days late! >< Anyway, Real big Thank You to them!!

oh and i caught the raw of 57, thought the ep was ok too, Loooking forward to 58 tho

Also, from seeing the new raws, it seems Goro's step-mum isnt acctually that fussed about him leaving kaido. granted she was alittle pissed, but by the end of the 1st ep she seemed fine with the idea oO

Last edited by FireDetei; 2007-02-05 at 19:07.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 01:19   Link #302
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yeah. She was just mad because Goro didn't dicuss it with his parents first before dropping out. Goro' s step father knew of his plans already and kept it a secret from her. I would be kinda pissed too if I were her. Like you said it seems she's ok with it now, because he's taken responsibility for it.

Also, after watching ep54. I sort've kinda get the feeling Shigeno, Goro's step father is going to either get let go or retire from the team. Anyone think so too?
Old 2007-02-07, 01:33   Link #303
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro View Post
Also, after watching ep54. I sort've kinda get the feeling Shigeno, Goro's step father is going to either get let go or retire from the team. Anyone think so too?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong View Post
Does anyone feel like we're back to square one?

With the goro being selfish and thinks he can do everything on his own. I thought he already grew up not being that kind of person, but after watching a few episodes it sure feels like he's back to the "old" cocky goro.
That is what he is. He wants to achieve something, and, even if achieving that means he has to sacrifice some important matters (such as teamwork) and be the only one to struggle, he will not falter. He will do what he can.

Also, it is not only his fault to always be in environments that make him act the way he usually does.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 02:48   Link #304
masama
use the fōrks ~

ep6
Spoiler for :
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 03:19   Link #305
einlancer
stick-figure-man

Has MJN dropped this project? I sure hope not... Anyway I "frigging" love this series. After watching 53-54, I had the itch to watch the first two seasons, and sure enough.. Two sleepless nights later, finished both series again. I cant believe how much Shimizu grew up.. also I didnt notice the first time around, but the girls in this anime DO LOOK LIKE EACH other. funny as hell.

Anyway, i hate watching raws as i cant understand Japanese language to save my life, but If nobody's gonna continue this project, thus that mean I should start attending Japanese language lessons now... Any news on this?
einlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 04:19   Link #306
Athanor

55 will be released soon, just holding it in order to release it on my Bday.
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 18:21   Link #307
taikx

XD... all the girls look similar, but their hair is different... =\ but the guys look...
well how do i put it
they all look pretty unique =\. i guess they just can 't make the girls look 'ugly'

well, i hope toshi and goro end up being together again in season 3. their friendship in season 2 made it very intersting ^_~
taikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 09:46   Link #308
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taikx View Post
well, i hope toshi and goro end up being together again in season 3. their friendship in season 2 made it very intersting ^_~
Won't happen in season 3. They are going to face-off each other in a major game later on. If there is a season 4, they are expected to team up again (refer manga cover of Major Volume 57 (link). Season 3 is probably going to end at around Volume 47 of the manga (link to cover) where he will be going off to America. A natural season ending point.

If there is a season 4 with Goro in America, Goro would be establishing himself in the baseball minor leagues. He's not likely to walk right into and start playing for a major league team. What I'm really curious about is did Goro go back home to Japan to play as hinted from the covers of Volume 57 (Goro with Toshiya) and Volume 59 (Mayumura wearing the same uniform and a cute chibi Goro cheering him on in the background)? Presumably, he ends up on the Japanese national team which has Toshiya and Mayumura on the team. Why? Because looking further ahead to the cover of Volume 61 (link) (the most recent volume), it looks like Gibson (remember him from season 1?) in the US baseball team uniform. Are they playing in the World Baseball Championship? Or is it Classic? The one in real life that was first held in 2006 and which Japan became the first World Champions of baseball. An equivalent one anyway but the main deal looks like Goro will be facing off Gibson. Oh... how juicy that is going to be.

Okay, those who are far ahead with the manga, can any one of you guys enlighten me whether my guesses are anywhere near? You can put your responses in spoilers.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 13:30   Link #309
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by einlancer View Post
Has MJN dropped this project? I sure hope not... Anyway I "frigging" love this series. After watching 53-54, I had the itch to watch the first two seasons, and sure enough.. Two sleepless nights later, finished both series again. I cant believe how much Shimizu grew up.. also I didnt notice the first time around, but the girls in this anime DO LOOK LIKE EACH other. funny as hell.

Anyway, i hate watching raws as i cant understand Japanese language to save my life, but If nobody's gonna continue this project, thus that mean I should start attending Japanese language lessons now... Any news on this?
Haha, you rewatched season one and two all over again? I thought about it, but I resorted to telling my younger bro that he must watch season 1 and two, while I watch 3.

I totally agree about Shimizu. It's awesome that she's not a little baby girl anymore. Now all that needs to happen is Goro become attracted to her (damnit, come on already). Once that happens, great series and on my top of sports anime.

I never really noticed the "girls look like each other thing". I guess I haven't been paying much attention. :-/
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 13:55   Link #310
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinil View Post
I totally agree about Shimizu. It's awesome that she's not a little baby girl anymore. Now all that needs to happen is Goro become attracted to her (damnit, come on already). Once that happens, great series and on my top of sports anime.
Unfortunately that won't happen for a very long long long time. Goro is so clueless in term of romance but yeah Shimizu is the only one for him (from this point of view).
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 07:34   Link #311
madarabe
Dunamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Won't happen in season 3. They are going to face-off each other in a major game later on. If there is a season 4, they are expected to team up again (refer manga cover of Major Volume 57 (link). Season 3 is probably going to end at around Volume 47 of the manga (link to cover) where he will be going off to America. A natural season ending point.

If there is a season 4 with Goro in America, Goro would be establishing himself in the baseball minor leagues. He's not likely to walk right into and start playing for a major league team. What I'm really curious about is did Goro go back home to Japan to play as hinted from the covers of Volume 57 (Goro with Toshiya) and Volume 59 (Mayumura wearing the same uniform and a cute chibi Goro cheering him on in the background)? Presumably, he ends up on the Japanese national team which has Toshiya and Mayumura on the team. Why? Because looking further ahead to the cover of Volume 61 (link) (the most recent volume), it looks like Gibson (remember him from season 1?) in the US baseball team uniform. Are they playing in the World Baseball Championship? Or is it Classic? The one in real life that was first held in 2006 and which Japan became the first World Champions of baseball. An equivalent one anyway but the main deal looks like Goro will be facing off Gibson. Oh... how juicy that is going to be.

Okay, those who are far ahead with the manga, can any one of you guys enlighten me whether my guesses are anywhere near? You can put your responses in spoilers.
You're very good with guesses .

Spoiler for Manga:

いっぺん 死んでみる?
madarabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 11:56   Link #312
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarabe View Post
You're very good with guesses .
ACK... I think too much at times and oftentimes spoil myself

Quote:
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-14, 21:51   Link #313
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow - 55 was intense. I'm excited about Major again - that was one of the strongest eps since S1.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 14:21   Link #314
einlancer
stick-figure-man

they mock the gyro...

You know its Major season once again when article about the Gyroball surfaces in the unlikeliest places such as ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...gyroballsearch

too bad they didnt asked Goro and Mayamura

now i'll quitely sit here and wait for a subbed eps 56..
einlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:25   Link #315
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by einlancer View Post
You know its Major season once again when article about the Gyroball surfaces in the unlikeliest places such as ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...gyroballsearch
Read that whole article. I think the expectations that was set that the ball would break a whole lot - 3 feet! - is a bit off. The gyroball we see in Major is not a ball that breaks a lot. It's as described in the article:

According to the book, the gyroball doesn't break sideways. Not three feet. Not one foot. Not one inch. Nada, zilch, zippy. No left turn. That's not how it works. Instead, the pitch messes with a batter's timing. Looks faster than it actually moves. Comes in lower than expected. In essence, the gyroball is a glorified changeup.

A glorified changeup it may be but if it is effective in striking out batters, that's all that matters for the pitcher.

The anime/manga sees it as a fastball with bullet spin that will hold up better in flight with the reduced friction from the bullet spin in comparison with the vertical spin that the fastball usually has.
Old 2007-02-25, 18:17   Link #316
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Ive just caught the raw of ep.7 myself, thought i notice noone seems to have posted in awhile.

Spoiler for For Ep. 7:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:34   Link #317
masama
use the fōrks ~

Spoiler for ep8:
actually spent some time watching the end credit (usually I skipped to the preview) and I noticed that you can actually see Karou-chan's pantsu
can't believe I only found this out after 8 episodes...
Old 2007-02-28, 14:15   Link #318
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Thank you MJN for finally releasing ep 56!
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 22:46   Link #319
gencbiba

Spoiler:

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:25   Link #320
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tags
baseball, shounen, sports