AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-10, 21:47   Link #1021
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
The important point to speculate here is about what title will get Issei in the future?
The head of the Gremory.
The Maou.
Or something higher who adapt the role of a hero who saved and join all the fractions?
I think that he will just be the head of the house of Gremory, who will also be considered as the hero of the Underworld.

I don't see any need for Ise to receive some prestigious title, he will save, and try to assist, most of the people around him, regardless of the title that he has.
Old 2013-06-10, 21:55   Link #1022
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I think that he will just be the head of the house of Gremory, who will also be considered as the hero of the Underworld.

I don't see any need for Ise to receive some prestigious title, he will save, and try to assist, most of the people around him, regardless of the title that he has.
This isn't the big 3 where the hero has to become the hokage, captain commander or pirate king.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:27   Link #1023
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
You do realize that once he marries Rias, he'll be inheriting the Gremory name.
Yes, I'm aware of this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Issei is the Sekiruutei and Rias is the Crimson Queen of Ruin both are big names and are very well known in the underworld, I'm pretty sure he'll also be a head of the household not some trophy husband.
Of course Issei will not a trophy husband, after Issei marries Rias, he will become an even more important member in the family than just Rias's husband, but he will not be the head. The only how can the be the head of Gremory family is Rias.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:31   Link #1024
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Of course Issei will not a trophy husband, after Issei marries Rias, he will become an even more important member in the family than just Rias's husband, but he will not be the head. The only how can the be the head of Gremory family is Rias.
Pretty sure they'd both run things, the Gremorys don't seem like the type to undercut the husband just to keep the title in the family.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:39   Link #1025
Chris38

Quote:
Pretty sure they'd both run things, the Gremorys don't seem like the type to undercut the husband just to keep the title in the family.
Yeah, although it's quite certain that the last two Gremory ladies (Venelana and Grayfia) privately, have a more dominant position compared to their husbands ... and it has been implied that Ise might suffer a similar fate:

Quote:
...T-he Gremory ladies all have these fearsome nicknames... Looks like Buchou's father and Sirzechs-sama's private lives must be very subdued under their wives...

"...You too, will have a worrisome future."

Sensei placed his hand on my shoulder and repeatedly nodded.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:40   Link #1026
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

If nothing else Issei will become an Ultimate class devil, and that seems to have political power.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:42   Link #1027
WILD_LION

Quote:
Considering he has no desire to be a Maou and the 3 factions are already joined he already has alot of titles. Sekiryuutei, Oppai Dragon, etc,. Plus head of the Gremory House. What more is needed?
And who are Sirzechs and Ajuka? Run of the mill demons? They were heroes as well during the civil war the only difference between them is that Issei is universally accepted by both adults and children whereas Serzechs and Ajuka were known mostly to adults and fellow soldiers. Leviathan was also a hero to children until Issei came along.
You are forgetting that just the Leaders of the 3 factions made the peace, but the traitors of all the fractions(gods, demons terrorist, fallen angels traitors of Grigori and even angels who are falling because they dont believe in the peace). That war who envelops Khaos Brigade's is the actual war who Issei is fighting.

And about Leviathan, she is the heroine just of the devils, the magic Leviathan that protect the demon kids from the fallen angels, angels humans, dragons, gods, etc. She with Sirzechs and Ajuka was the demons more powerful who take control in the underworld from the old leaders.

Issei is the hero of all the factions is this war.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:50   Link #1028
Somethindarker

Quote:
You are forgetting that just the Leaders of the 3 factions made the peace, but the traitors of all the fractions(gods, demons terrorist, fallen angels traitors of Grigori and even angels who are falling because they dont believe in the peace). That war who envelops Khaos Brigade's is the actual war who Issei is fighting.

And about Leviathan, she is the heroine just of the devils, the magic Leviathan that protect the demon kids from the fallen angels, angels humans, dragons, gods, etc. She with Sirzechs and Ajuka was the demons more powerful who take control in the underworld from the old leaders.

I was only talking about the underworld but yea the three factions all look to Issei as a powerful ally, maybe not a hero, and fearsome foe that brought himself back to life.
Old 2013-06-10, 22:51   Link #1029
Chris38

Quote:
You are forgetting that just the Leaders of the 3 factions made the peace, but the traitors of all the fractions(gods, demons terrorist, fallen angels raitors of Grigori and even angels who are falling because they dont believe in the peace). That war who envelops Khaos Brigade's is the actual war who Issei is fighting.

The war against Khaos brigade and the fractions related to it, would be resolved by Issei and his harem, during the course of the novels, and as a reward he most likely will be given the promotion to a high class Devil (or maybe even a promotion to the Ultimate Devil class).

Even, if he is a hero of this war, it doesn't mean that Ise has to become a Maou or receive any other "title" ... especially, since I don't think that he has the qualifications needed for that kind of job.
Old 2013-06-11, 00:03   Link #1030
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
You do realize that once he marries Rias, he'll be inheriting the Gremory name.
I'd say he'll probably keep his own name since he has gained his own value for it. His children with Rias will take on the name of Gremory for the sake of the family though, with it probably being the same with Ravel, and his children with the other girls will probably take on the Hyoudou name.
Old 2013-06-11, 00:19   Link #1031
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'd say he'll probably keep his own name since he has gained his own value for it. His children with Rias will take on the name of Gremory for the sake of the family though, with it probably being the same with Ravel, and his children with the other girls will probably take on the Hyoudou name.
It's possible for Ise to have the name of the Gremory in the Underworld, while in the human world, he would have the name of Hyoudou (with Rias taking that name, in the human world, as well). The same probably can be said about the children that he is going to have with Rias.

At least the existence of two different worlds, gives the author to actually do something like that.
Old 2013-06-11, 04:03   Link #1032
sky black swordman

Quote:
Yes, it may be like that. However, Rias will be the one that holds most of the power and authority in the family.

Quote:
It's possible for Ise to have the name of the Gremory in the Underworld, while in the human world, he would have the name of Hyoudou (with Rias taking that name, in the human world, as well). The same probably can be said about the children that he is going to have with Rias.

At least the existence of two different worlds, gives the author to actually do something like that.
This is probably the way it's going to be.
Old 2013-06-11, 06:19   Link #1033
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Yes, it may be like that. However, Rias will be the one that holds most of the power and authority in the family.
One of the themes of the novel is change how things are run, what any devil no matter the lineage can achieve with guts and determination. Now I'm not saying Issei will change who will hold the power of the Gremory but to be honest Rias doesn't seem like the type of person who will take Isseis balls like that, especially considering that Issei's name will hold just as much sway as the Gremory name when it comes to deeds and renown..

Last edited by Somethindarker; 2013-06-11 at 06:32.
Old 2013-06-11, 06:27   Link #1034
Tchadnis

Quote:
The theme of the novel is change how things are run, what any devil no matter the lineage can achieve with guts and determination. Now I'm not saying Issei will change who will hold the power of the Gremory but to be honest Rias doesn't seem like the type of person who will take Isseis balls like that, especially considering that Issei's name will hold just as much sway as the Gremory name when it comes to deeds and renown..
Ayeeee Rias is a bossy one tho , she like to command around ... she may not take his balls , but she might not let them grow too big either ..
Old 2013-06-11, 06:32   Link #1035
Somethindarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
Ayeeee Rias is a bossy one tho , she like to command around ... she may not take his balls , but she might not let them grow too big either ..
LOL I agree completely!

I'm sure the Gremory see that since they've given him so many things to keep him and the rest of the girls happy. They know his value and will probably give him just as much control, not for obligation mind you but because he knows his own limits and will defer to Rias on most of the decisions.
Old 2013-06-11, 08:48   Link #1036
Velsy

I must be the only one who doesnt want Issie to take up the Gremony name <.< I want a Harem path.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-06-11, 08:50   Link #1037
WILD_LION

Quote:
The war against Khaos brigade and the fractions related to it, would be resolved by Issei and his harem, during the course of the novels, and as a reward he most likely will be given the promotion to a high class Devil (or maybe even a promotion to the Ultimate Devil class).

Even, if he is a hero of this war, it doesn't mean that Ise has to become a Maou or receive any other "title" ... especially, since I don't think that he has the qualifications needed for that kind of job.
We must remember that was a simillar case to Sirzechs, who was the most famous and stronger demon when the underworld change of leaders, and he was chosen to be Maou for that reasons (Power.Popularitý), although Ajuka Beelzebub is better in all politic and economic with a superior intelect. the winner of Maou title was Sirzechs.

And we must consider that the time and events change the people, in this moments Issei is just a second year student-Mid class demon. and Sirzechs more than two hundred years of life.

And Issei has impressed to all Gremory family by exceed expectations and constant miracles
Old 2013-06-11, 08:59   Link #1038
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I must be the only one who doesnt want Issie to take up the Gremony name <.< I want a Harem path.
It's going to be the a harem path, but it's pretty obvious that Rias is going to take the "official" or "legal" wife position and as a result Ise is going to "officially" take the Gremory family name.

No one has said anything that Ise is going to abandon the rest of the girls in his harem, once he gets married with Rias ... in fact both Rias and the rest of the Gremory clan, along with the people that surround them , have nothing against Ise building a harem, as long as Rias is going to be the "1st wife".

@WILD_LION

Yeah, Sirzechs gained his position based on his popularity and power, but I doubt he is going to go leave his work as the Maou, anytime soon.

And since, I also doubt that the time frame of the novels is going to take such a huge length as 200+ years or even more then that, so that we could see what kind of person Ise is going to grow into, after such a huge time.

So, while it might be possible that Ise is going to gain some predisposition for the title of Maou in the future .... the story of the novels probably won't reveal that to us (unless, the author decides to do some time skips, near the end of the story).
Old 2013-06-11, 09:24   Link #1039
WILD_LION

Quote:
It's going to be the a harem path, but it's pretty obvious that Rias is going to take the "official" or "legal" wife position and as a result Ise is going to "officially" take the Gremory family name.

No one has said anything that Ise is going to abandon the rest of the girls in his harem, once he gets married with Rias ... in fact both Rias and the rest of the Gremory clan, along with the people that surround them , have nothing against Ise building a harem, as long as Rias is going to be the "1st wife".

@WILD_LION

Yeah, Sirzechs gained his position based on his popularity and power, but I doubt he is going to go leave his work as the Maou, anytime soon.

And since, I also doubt that the time frame of the novels is going to take such a huge length as 200+ years or even more then that, so that we could see what kind of person Ise is going to grow into, after such a huge time.

So, while it might be possible that Ise is going to gain some predisposition for the title of Maou in the future .... the story of the novels probably won't reveal that to us (unless, the author decides to do some time skips, near the end of the story).
I thought I had seen the first (time skip) when Sirzechs said his era was close to coming to an end.
But maybe i am wrong.
Because i desire that this story continue.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:38   Link #1040
Tchadnis

Quote:
I thought I had seen the first (time skip) when Sirzechs said his era was close to coming to an end.
But maybe i am wrong.
Because i desire that this story continue.
His era is coming to a end because you wont find single individual as powerful as he is , it the beginning of a ERA of group of potential individual , like the gremory group or sitri group. it like LONER ERA DONE , yay for the GROUP ERA

Last edited by Tchadnis; 2013-06-11 at 09:50.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life